Mistake Leaves Ohio Man With $16M Cable Bill | Ohio News Network (ONN)

Full story: 10TV WBNS

Try fitting this cable bill into the monthly budget. An Ohio man says Time Warner Cable told him he owed the company $16.4 million.
Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Mar 29, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mary Anderson

Columbus, OH

#1 Mar 26, 2011
I had the same problem with T Mobile. Got an $8,700.00 telephone bill. It took over 6 months to fix/
Gene gahanna

Columbus, OH

#2 Mar 26, 2011
Yea years back i got so mad at warner cable
told them if thy dident come & get it,
i was going to throw it in font yard.
next day here thy came.
OHIO MAN

Columbus, OH

#3 Mar 26, 2011
WARNING ABOUT SOME TV CABLE CO MIGHT BE SCAM -- PRANKING (( fool )) that cause lot of million people pay damn to any tv cable company that too expensive rate per month each,, I checked thru WWW.TVCABLE.COM any 50 states of USA,, Just warning all of you keep watching your budget per month that it,, THANK YOU ,, OHIO MAN
mimi

Columbus, OH

#4 Mar 26, 2011
Stupid cable company!!!!
mfn

Newark, OH

#5 Mar 26, 2011
Never liked Time Warner to begin with. Not surprised they would make this kind of mistake, they are a horrible company. They have horrible customer service, ridiculous rates, and could care less about their customers. This man should get a year of free service for the hassle. But they'd never do that, if anything they'll up his monthly rate.
holyfield

Columbus, OH

#6 Mar 26, 2011
cable and mobile phone services are monopoly cash cows... they know people want the entertainment and to be able to stay in touch with people. its like the oil companies... huge profits because if you want it, you hafta pay the price.
Time Warner - As Expected

Chillicothe, OH

#7 Mar 26, 2011
$16m ?? What 'human error' could explain this? I mean that's allot of zeros. No just two zeros after the decimal point.

Then again,... Time Warner does like to stick it to ya on their pay-per channels and extras each month you usually don't ask for. So, should anyone really be surprised by this (supposed) accidental human error? How many people pay the extra few dollars each month that they add on without your consent?

My opinion anyways. Time Warner is no different than any other shark company. Jab, jab, jab and gouge your customers until they can't afford a pizza with their pay-per-movie.

Not so surprised in their bill. But only in the amount.
Time Warner Sux

Hilliard, OH

#8 Mar 26, 2011
I switched to AT & T U Verse a few months back. Much better service. TW couldn't get it right at my house. Boxes kept freezing up and after 3 new DVR's in as many weeks I turned them in with a smile and said thanks but no thanks.
What did he say

Reynoldsburg, OH

#9 Mar 26, 2011
OHIO MAN wrote:
WARNING ABOUT SOME TV CABLE CO MIGHT BE SCAM -- PRANKING (( fool )) that cause lot of million people pay damn to any tv cable company that too expensive rate per month each,, I checked thru WWW.TVCABLE.COM any 50 states of USA,, Just warning all of you keep watching your budget per month that it,, THANK YOU ,, OHIO MAN
If it's not the dumb arses that type like they text......Its the uneducated folks that cant speak proper english and try to transfer that to type.
We need to ban foreginers from using computers. In fact we need to ban them from the USA.
Okey Dokey there buddy that it.
mommy1

Newark, OH

#10 Mar 26, 2011
Another reason why I dont like Time Warner!
sensei

Groveport, OH

#11 Mar 26, 2011
Proof that we are outstanding in education!

$80+$80=$16,000,000

A+
Tony

New Castle, DE

#12 Mar 26, 2011
So, why is human/clerical mistake news? Geeze, you people need to get lives!
niCOLEger

Grove City, OH

#13 Mar 27, 2011
riviting
Wow

Mansfield, OH

#14 Mar 27, 2011
I went to set up service, they said we owed 2800 and some change. So I flip right out, and found an error of not my doing!! 9 yr ago when I set up phone service, and moved 2 years later (remind you still with tw) they didn't take the box outta the basement. Took me to pay it and wait for a refund 9 months later.
Really

Athens, OH

#15 Mar 27, 2011
why is this a news story?
keeping it real

Hilliard, OH

#16 Mar 27, 2011
Wow makes u wonder how many other companies have made this same mistakes. this is not good at all.
Anonymous

Columbus, OH

#18 Mar 28, 2011
Pics or it didn't happen.
jacsm

Vincent, OH

#19 Mar 28, 2011
I Time Warner is always raising their rates as their quality goes down but this is way out of line.
kojak

Columbus, OH

#20 Mar 28, 2011
Another great American business! And the power brokers want us to trust the business market and supply + demand = cost and that darn union raises the prices. Yeah I believe that
Ace of cakes

Columbus, OH

#21 Mar 28, 2011
Time Warner is as bad as Fed-Ex.....No wonder he was charged so much, bunch of idiots!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beavercreek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 15 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,579
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 1 hr ALL ABOUT THE FRE... 31,218
Alecia Reece Comments 5 hr car007 1
This is why I am an Ann Fan! 14 hr Hero Officer Wilson 4
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr see the light 18,888
Ohio attorney general appoints special prosecut... Sat Cat74 35
looking for a text buddy (Nov '12) Sat bill 44
•••
•••

Beavercreek Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Beavercreek People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••