innocent victims
Amanda

Goodlettsville, TN

#1 Oct 3, 2009
Growing up in the suburbs of Dayton, I always believed that articles published in the dayton paper were reliable and factual...since the tragic ACCIDENT on 8/24/09 involving two innocent people that were performing their normal daily routine I have came to realize that you people will obtain whatever information regardless of the source and the truth. This was an ACCIDENT that could happen to anyone who drives or jogs. Tim Peters did not wake up get ready for work, drive to work planning for his day to be any different. Michelle Hale did not wake up go jogging and expect her day to be any different...however an accident that was unable to be controlled by EITHER VICTIM unfortunately happened. I am very sympathetic for both families involved but like I said this was an accident. Just remember this could happen to any of us. I just wonder how much truth is actually printed in the dayton daily newspaper.
I understand that Michelle Hale is no longer with us, however neither is Tim Peters he may be alive physically but that man is suffering and will never be the same and he also has a family & grandkids that love & need him.
My deepest sympathies go out Mrs. Hales' family & friends.
James

Concord, CA

#2 Jul 1, 2010
Considering the eventual manslaughter conviction and 90 day jail term, this was no mere accident. The driver had been previously cited for "speeding, failure to maintain reasonable control, reckless operation, failure to stay in marked lanes and operating a vehicle intoxicated" (Dayton Daily News, 4/27/10).

A lot of people just don't take driving seriously, as evidenced by continued defiance of cellphone laws, and a propensity to treat public roads like racetracks. People think it's all about them and whatever they feel like doing at the moment. They act concerned for safety to pass the DMV test, then drive like they're immortal.

From a pedestrian's perspective, it's never fully safe to stand in the middle of a road (marked off or not) and trust random people to be paying attention. You have to watch drivers like a hawk and assume they can't see you, especially in dark conditions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beavercreek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 min Mary beth 20,665
Do you have to pound and peck on the keys? 3 hr The Duke of Hazard 4
I hate gays 3 hr The Duke of Hazard 4
Why will we still vote for Trump? Fri repubsnow 4
New film in Dayton Thu Fan of Leon The Man 4
oink oink Thu Vote Trump 4
"Protesters perform and pester" Thu Leon Harrison 1

Beavercreek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beavercreek Mortgages