State Medical Board suspends Columbus...

State Medical Board suspends Columbus doctor's license | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 38 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 26, 2011, titled State Medical Board suspends Columbus doctor's license | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The state has suspended a Columbus doctor's license because of his work at a pain-management practice on the city's Far West Side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tiffany

Greenville, OH

#21 Jul 27, 2011
I think Dr. Brumfield is a very caring doctor he is the only one that would listen to me and was concerned about my child every other doctor just wanted to turn away where as doctor brumfield stood by m8ne and my sons side the whole time my son has adhd and dr brumfield stood by my side thru all of it now he is on the correct medication and is doing 100% better in school thanks to dr brumfield also i would make several trips to urgent care wit my daugther for strep dr brumfield noticed how many time we had been there for strep in the last yr and had his M.A. send a ENT reffarral over right away THANK YOU dr. brumfield for being such a kind and caring doctor keep in mind my children both went to 1 other family doctor since they was newborns and yet he couldnt listen are notice these things.
clayton

United States

#22 Jul 27, 2011
dr.brumfield is a great doctor he always listend towhat i had to say and stuck beside me thru my addiction and helped me get off my drug of choice or thoses who dont know him how are u going to judge him hes not a pill pusher what does it benfit him to push pills he dont get nothing from it but trouble i think it bogges myyself
clayton

United States

#23 Jul 27, 2011
and by the way hows is doctor brumfield did do urine screens and did turn patients down that were just pill seekers ive seen it with my own to eyes and i also had to provide a reason for any of my medical needs for meds and if i didnt he wouldnt provide me with the meds so for thoses who judge him and dont know him need to shut the _up your pobaly 1 of thoses he dismissed
unknown

Columbus, OH

#24 Jul 27, 2011
yes for people to judge dr brumfield because of his past is not fair. im sure every single person that has made a comment, myself included, has done something that they are ashamed of. the past is the past. people change and its not fair for your past to be used against you. I am a patient of dr brumfields now and will continue to be as long as he can practice. he is a great doctor, not a pill pusher! i remember a time when my fiance was struggling with depression and anxiety. he saw dr brumfield for this problem. at the visit he broke down to dr brumfield about his problems. dr brumfield told him that he would stay by his side through everything and would always be there for him, and that he did. he held up all of his other patients for the day to be with my fiance for as long as it took, and thats what i call a real doctor. he takes his time with his patients and listens to what concerns they have unlike other doctors that i have seen that just look down on you and blow you off. i know myself that dr brumfield follows all of the rules the board has set forth for pain management. every time i go to be seen i have to do a urine drug screen and i have had the tests done that he has ordered to prove that i have a chronic pain problem. he always asks me how i am doing and if theres anything that i need to talk to him about. he truely cares about every single one of his patients. he is just trying to help people not get over on the board and their rules. the charges against him are rediculous and i hope he wins his case! GO DR B!!!!!
unknown

Chillicothe, OH

#25 Jul 28, 2011
I also seen Dr. Brumfield and at least this clinic did order tests on me that even my own Dr. of 18 yrs. hasn't, and futhermore they do urine tests and I have seen people come in there that were dismissed for coming from Florida, not having there paper work that they were told to bring, they were very strict on patients and futhermore I wasn't told to bring anyone with me. So now what am I to do or the other patients that really are in pain and have medical problems? And Dr. Brumfield doesn't only perscribe pain meds. he also perscribes other meds. to help you. So goodluck to some of you that want to judge when your in real pain or in a accident or something!!
unknown

Chillicothe, OH

#26 Jul 28, 2011
Nurse wrote:
Unfortunately all his 'patients' end up suffering. I in no way condone drug addiction, but cutting these individuals off cold turkey is not the answer, and not everyone is 'abusing' these drugs, some patient's indeed have chronic pain issues, for example cancer patient's. Other physician's will not prescribe the medications they are used to taking for fear of losing their license. These people will then gravitate to local ED's to attempt to get a quick solution, clogging up already busy departments with non-emergency patients. I'm am glad something is finally being done about prescription abuse, we see so many young addicts daily, everyone is looking for a quick fix to their ailments and don't realize how easily they can become addicted until it's too late.
how very, very true
doc

Sardinia, OH

#27 Jul 28, 2011
im glad to see some care and see that doctor brumfield is not a pill pusher and see the good things that hes done and whos to trow stones in todays world when we all do wrong some were down the line and dont judge a book by the old cover open it up and look deep into it befor u go foaming at the mouth
Concerned patient

United States

#28 Jul 28, 2011
doc wrote:
im glad to see some care and see that doctor brumfield is not a pill pusher and see the good things that hes done and whos to trow stones in todays world when we all do wrong some were down the line and dont judge a book by the old cover open it up and look deep into it befor u go foaming at the mouth
Im glad to see a doctor putting in a very truthful thought I was also a patient of dr b and I went in for blood work but was having a awful day had recently lost my house and grand father so I was upset crying he pushed his patients back to listen to me because he was concerned worried and cared there arent to many doctors like this any more praying for you dr brumfield you beat this case thank you for being a great doctor who actually cares and listens
unknown

Chillicothe, OH

#29 Jul 30, 2011
Where will you judge mental people get your pain pills? Doctors do not want to perscribe them or emergency rooms because they are affraid. And you go to pain management they want to put a pain pump in you or give injections(which I have had) and the injections only last for so long or don't work at all. And if you don't have the pain stimulator put in then your dropped as a patient. Docters put you on medication for everything>your nerves, depression, sleeping pills, migranes, and people depend on them. And if you were taking pain pills and got stopped cold turkey What would you do if your pain was truly unbearable? People are going to get worse out her in this world(the junkies) but people who are in real pain are the one's that will suffer.
unknown

Middletown, OH

#30 Aug 3, 2011
Well I know Dr. B very well he not only is a great Doctor he is a caring person period. He helped my husband with his chronic back pain, hypertension,helped him by listening to him when his father passed away and our son went out to war to fight for us Americans.Helped my daughter when no other DR would even listen, they just wanted to just push meds that didnt help instead of finding out what the problem really was. What is wrong with all of you people dogging someone when they are down and at the worst? You all were nice and chummy when you were getting your pain meds, know you dont no how to pay your bills, well think about him and his staff that are without a JOB. Well I pray everyday Dr.B gets his license back.We are losing a Great Doctor in the world. WE LOVE YOU DR.BRUMFIELD ..........
Unknown

Hamilton, OH

#31 Aug 4, 2011
I am glad to see that not all ppl are judging Dr.B and those that are making their rude comments either dont know him or you was one that got dismissed for not following the rules. First he wasn't telling all patients that they HAD to bring a regular non pain patient with them to every visit what he stated was the law says I have to have less than 50% of the practice on pain medications and it was a patient that said well what if we bring another patient with us that doesn't get pain meds and thats when he said as long as I stay under the 50% i can write your meds but I can't tell you how long that will be
Unknown

Hamilton, OH

#32 Aug 4, 2011
He made everyone do a urine drug screen and if they failed he made them return in 1 week after getting confirmation from the lab because he knew that the instant drug screens were not accurate so he gave them the benefit of the doubt and 90% of the time it confirmed ngative, he also ordered xrays, MRI, ct scans what ever was appropriate for the pain and if the patients didn't get the testing done he gave them a warning that he couldn't continue to write their meds if he had no documents to show why they had pain, those who didn't follow the advise were dismissed. Furthermore he ordered blood work on all the patients that were on pain meds every 6 months to check the liver/kidneys

“The Ultimate Male”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#33 Aug 5, 2011
Drug addicts are such phonies, and they even lie to themselves. This dude sounds super shady. I mean come on folks, he's working for a bunch of Scioto County criminals for heaven's sake.
Serrano Red

United States

#34 Aug 5, 2011
You pain freaks got another Doctor in trouble
unknown

Middletown, OH

#35 Aug 6, 2011
The Thunderlips wrote:
Drug addicts are such phonies, and they even lie to themselves. This dude sounds super shady. I mean come on folks, he's working for a bunch of Scioto County criminals for heaven's sake.
Dr. Brumfield isnt shady. How can you call him names if you dont know him, or are you somebody dismissed for doing SHIT you wasnt suppose to be doing? People want to dog somebody when they are down, what the hell is grown ass people that SHADY? and how do u know the people from Scioto County was u one that was making a living off of selling thier pills? People live for Drama and thats sad. WE LOVE YOU DR. B keep your head up!!!!!!!!!!
menoknow

Van Wert, OH

#36 Aug 6, 2011
I wonder if they'll get another doctor
good news

Chillicothe, OH

#37 Aug 10, 2011
The Happy Crab wrote:
This is not just an Ohio problem. It is going on all around the country. The so called "pain clinics" are killing more people with "legal" drugs than are the street corner drug pushers.
a lot of people needs pain med and a lot does not, how can you blame a dr for doing there job if people take to many what can he do he is not a babysitter only thing he can do is weed them out like he has been doing.
anonymous

Cincinnati, OH

#38 Aug 14, 2011
He is a pill pusher. Physicians like this make pain medicine look bad. The house bill did exactly as it was supposed to. He was a "family doctor" that prescribed over 50% pain meds. He has no board certification in pain management. Just in it for the money and cocaine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beavercreek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boofuckinhoo! What will Trump and me and you do... 44 min The Old Cold Warrior 1
George Will and so-called "conservatives"... 21 hr The Old Cold Warrior 1
"Is Trump a national security threat?" 22 hr The Duke of Hazard 20
don't waste your time or gas applying at Fuyao. (Jan '15) Fri Sinclairbroadcast... 82
D.P.&L. Sucks! Fri The Duke of Hazard 6
Why Donald Trump is hated in Scotland... Fri Literature Lover 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Fri Levy Hater 31,918
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beavercreek Mortgages