State Medical Board suspends Columbus doctor's license | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

The state has suspended a Columbus doctor's license because of his work at a pain-management practice on the city's Far West Side.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Reader

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

I wonder if there will be any attempts to get his former patients into some kind of treatment program? Otherwise they tend to just move on to another pusher.
Nurse

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

Unfortunately all his 'patients' end up suffering. I in no way condone drug addiction, but cutting these individuals off cold turkey is not the answer, and not everyone is 'abusing' these drugs, some patient's indeed have chronic pain issues, for example cancer patient's. Other physician's will not prescribe the medications they are used to taking for fear of losing their license. These people will then gravitate to local ED's to attempt to get a quick solution, clogging up already busy departments with non-emergency patients. I'm am glad something is finally being done about prescription abuse, we see so many young addicts daily, everyone is looking for a quick fix to their ailments and don't realize how easily they can become addicted until it's too late.
What

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

Well one down ... how many more to go.

If they did shut down all at once, the crime will only increase. These people that are addicted will get their pills one way or another.

It is doctors like this that make it really hard for patients that really need medicine to get it.
Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

Super, now I know where to go to get some pills.
Reality Check

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

Nurse wrote:
Unfortunately all his 'patients' end up suffering. I in no way condone drug addiction, but cutting these individuals off cold turkey is not the answer, and not everyone is 'abusing' these drugs, some patient's indeed have chronic pain issues, for example cancer patient's. Other physician's will not prescribe the medications they are used to taking for fear of losing their license. These people will then gravitate to local ED's to attempt to get a quick solution, clogging up already busy departments with non-emergency patients. I'm am glad something is finally being done about prescription abuse, we see so many young addicts daily, everyone is looking for a quick fix to their ailments and don't realize how easily they can become addicted until it's too late.
Most cancer patients go to oncologist and they are not a target of this crackdown on certain "pain management" docs
Voice of reality

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

I don't know whether this charge is justified or not. However, charges like this can have a chilling effect on other doctors who become afraid to prescribe pain medication for their patients who really need it. I sure hope most doctors are given the benefit of the doubt when they prescribe pain medication. One thing we have to give Dr. Kevorkian is that the medical profession came to see pain relief medication to be a better solution to the unbearable pain problem than his solution.
Reader

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

Nurse wrote:
I think that the sorry reality is that regardless of how someone got hooked in the first place, a good many end up on heroin in the end. It's cheaper and more available.
Another Doc

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

He is a pitiful excuse for a doctor. His lengthy history will finally catch up with him. There is no excuse for his complete disregard for medical "morals" and the State Medical Board. He's one of the many reasons so many patients are dying from "accidental" overdoses of prescription pain medications in the state of Ohio!
"Do No Harm" do you remember this credo Dan? I hope your mopping skills are up to par!
Reader

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

What wrote:
Well one down ... how many more to go.
If they did shut down all at once, the crime will only increase. These people that are addicted will get their pills one way or another.
It is doctors like this that make it really hard for patients that really need medicine to get it.
I used to know some folks who worked at a clinic up the street from another place that was easy on "drug-seeking" behavior. When that place was finally closed down all the patients just tried to move up the street. This was a legit place and had policies against some of the more popular scrips and definitely wasn't connected to a pharmacy. They had some ugly and scary scenes dealing with folks who came in looking to continue their dependance.
workingdadof7

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

This is why we needed the new law.
The Happy Crab

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

This is not just an Ohio problem. It is going on all around the country. The so called "pain clinics" are killing more people with "legal" drugs than are the street corner drug pushers.
Jim in Columbus

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

Voice of reality wrote:
I don't know whether this charge is justified or not. However, charges like this can have a chilling effect on other doctors who become afraid to prescribe pain medication for their patients who really need it. I sure hope most doctors are given the benefit of the doubt when they prescribe pain medication. One thing we have to give Dr. Kevorkian is that the medical profession came to see pain relief medication to be a better solution to the unbearable pain problem than his solution.
I HOPE it has a chilling effect on other doctors. The new law has guidelines to follow.
No doctor should worry if she or he follows the guidelines. I dont' believe that folks in unbearable pain will be affected by this.
I find it alarming that the doctor had a cocaine "problem" in the past and still was allowed to practice medicine.
who cares

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Maybe other doctor's will stop giving pain pills to people without any pain. Like the one on S. High Street. Oh the two on S High Street. Both of these doctor's will give them to anyone that walk through the door.
hilt com

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

their going after all the doctor
Hotel California

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

Another Doc wrote:
He is a pitiful excuse for a doctor. His lengthy history will finally catch up with him. There is no excuse for his complete disregard for medical "morals" and the State Medical Board. He's one of the many reasons so many patients are dying from "accidental" overdoses of prescription pain medications in the state of Ohio!
"Do No Harm" do you remember this credo Dan? I hope your mopping skills are up to par!
Medical morals?!?!?! You're joking, right? If you guys were so interested in the 'do no harm' part of your credo, iatrogenic etiologies wouldn't be the leading cause of injury in this country.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
H G SMITH

Tipp City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

It also says that Brumfield prescribed the drug Subutex for opioid dependence despite not being authorized by the Drug Enforcement Administration to do so.

The practice is owned by non-physicians, according to the Medical Board.
What is the meaning of that statement,please. Does that mean that the "Drug" is not legal.
pam

Brookville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Judged:

this is so wrong dr brumfield was not a pill pusher he cared about so many of his patients he saved my mothers life who is 75 and had a very bad case of merca i know many other patients that seen dr brumfield for nothing other than sickness and he cared about his patients and spent time with them.so these charges are really stupid and he was only trying to help has anyone ever thought that maybe he did not want these people to buy bad drugs off the street or he did not want so many to go thru withdralws.they need to pick on some of these doctors that hand them out to anyone and tat is not dr brumfield i have never once heard him tell a patient this is the only way to get their meds so yes like he stated this is all bogus
CSD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Judged:

Cash and carry drug pusher....that's all he is.
Unknown

Fairborn, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Judged:

All of you guys are so quick to judge but Dr. Brumfield did not just give pain medications to everyone he had strict guidelines. You had to pass your urine drug screen and if you didnt you did not get medications and he ordered testing for everyone to find out why they had pain, some of those patients didn't follow through because they were the addicts or selling their drugs therefore they got dismissed from the practice. The new law had many people coming in crying and threatening to kill themselves because they couldn't continue to see him as a doctor for pain medications and those who had testing to back up their pain he said the law states the practice has to be less than 50% pain mgmt therefore i have to have more family practice than pain so yes if they had a patient that needed a doctor for otherthan pain bring them in
Unknown

Fairborn, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Judged:

furthermore if you dont know the doctor and how he practiced medicine how are you going to bad mouth him? The patients that make rude comments are just mad because they were dismissed for not passing drug screen then they want to bad mouth him but yet he was the greatest doctor on earth and you would follow him to the moon before you were busted for doing illegal drugs and now you have to find another way to make your income SO SAD you ppl need to wake the ____ up and stop trying to ruin a good doctors name!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Beavercreek Discussions

Search the Beavercreek Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Reality speaks 28,424
17-year-old boy indicted for knock-out game 5 hr The Hack Checker 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr PetVax 18,482
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 7 hr Whine Whine Whine 30,997
Feather Birdsong (Oct '10) Jul 7 punk ass bitches 6
Family of robbery suspect says he was gullible Jul 5 The Duke of Hazard 6
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 4 edfgyujm 226
•••
•••
•••
Beavercreek Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Beavercreek Jobs

•••