OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

So What

Newalla, OK

#78785 Aug 23, 2014
Raz wrote:
23 Aug 2014, 8:25 PM PDT 161 post a comment
Local Winooski, Vermont restaurant Sneakers Bistro has removed a sign that read,“Yield Sneakers Bacon” citing opposition from a Muslim community member and safety concerns.
The sign was put up as part of a city program that allows businesses to post an advertisement in an area where they have helped maintain city flowerbeds. The sign that read “Yield Sneakers Bacon” was removed after a woman, identifying herself as a Muslim, posted in an online community forum, stating she was personally offended by the sign, according to a WPTZ News report. WPTZ wrote that the woman who complained online called the sign “insensitive to those who do not consume pork.”
Saturday morning the restaurant posted to Facebook,“We are here to serve people BREAKFAST, not politics. We removed the sign that was located on public property as a gesture of respect for our diverse community. There were also concerns raised about safety(emphasis added). Removing it was not a difficult decision. We still love bacon. We still love eggs. Please have the political conversation elsewhere.”
*To all Muslims in America we consume pork products but if you choose not to eat pork we don't give a damn but we reserve the right no let me rephrase that WE DEMAND the right to free speech and to freely advertise our love of pork and pork products in our restaurants, city markets, farmers markets. Now if you think our freedom of speech and our open markets and our traditional customs are too much for you to bare then move back to the M.E. I hear there are openings apparently many of your brethren have been killed or have died in suicide bombings
LOL! I don't eat pig's feet, but I might consider trying them if they were made to wear sneakers.
Raz

United States

#78786 Aug 23, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! How old was brown, twenteen? We are being haunted by the ghost of Karen.
18, I think he just graduated this year from HS. If Karen's ghost is here then she should confirm her agreement with the post on bacon not to be advertised by a restaurant because it offended a Muslim woman in a Vermont community.

LOL.

Believe it or not they took the damn sign down! I sure as hell wouldn't it's their restaurant it's advertising what it sales and it has the right to do both advertise and sale all lawful products, goods or services in America Muslims don't like it then go back to the countries of your choice that support Sharia Law and leave us in America alone!
Jenks

United States

#78787 Aug 24, 2014
Stanley Fischer (2nd R), vice chairman of the Federal Reserve System, speaks with demonstrator Reginald Rounds from Ferguson, Missouri at the Jackson Hole Economic Policy Symposium in Jackson Hole, Wyoming August 22, 2014.

Credit: Reuters/David Stubbs

(Reuters)- Reginald Rounds was among those present at the Federal Reserve's high-flying monetary conference here, enjoying the chance to button hole two top officials of the U.S. central bank.

The St. Louis resident is neither an economist nor a central banker. He's a 57-year-old unemployed worker, who said he is trained in the green technology field and can't find a job.

He was among a group of activists who gathered on the sidelines of the Fed's annual symposium wearing green t-shirts with "What Recovery?" on the front and a chart depicting sluggish U.S. wage growth on the back.

"From the world where I reside, there is no recovery. We need a boost. We need a jump start," said Rounds. "The key is jobs creation."

The ten activists, most of whom were unemployed and seeking jobs, were sent as emissaries for a coalition of advocacy groups that has launched an unusual campaign from the left to press the U.S. central bank to keep monetary policy easy.

The coalition, consisting of more than 70 organizations, released an open letter to Fed officials earlier this week urging them to hold off on interest rate hikes until wages were rising more swiftly.

While small in number, the activists managed to get a great deal of face time with senior officials. On Thursday, they spoke with the host of the conference, Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank President Esther George, for two hours.

On Friday, Fed Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer stepped out of the conference to spend ten minutes to listen to their plight.
Leno

United States

#78788 Aug 24, 2014
After posting non-stop for months, Karen L. Janbaz decided to take a break for some personal time with her only grandchild this weekend. Here's a picture of granny pushing her only grandchild in a shopping cart @ a local discount store. Doesn't it warm your heart? Aaaah!
We're proud of you Karen.

http://madamenoire.com/420541/people-of-walma...
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#78790 Aug 24, 2014
Joyce wrote:
Senator Jay Rockefeller certainly lives up to his last name. The 77-year-old West Virginia Senator, born into one of America’s wealthiest families, lets West Virginia taxpayers foot the bill of his luxurious lifestyle.

Every time the senator travels between D.C. and Charleston, W.Va., he does so by a private charter plane, which costs $4,400 a trip –

Rockefeller’s lavish lifestyle doesn’t end with his traveling habits. The mansion he owns in D.C. is worth an estimated $18 million and sits on 16 acres of property in Crestwood, a highly desirable neighborhood. When the senator bought the mansion in 1986, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported that the first floor alone had 11 bathrooms!
That's the worse case of penis envy I've ever seen.
He's rich, you're not. He's happy, you're whining.

I know so many people like you, who don't like me.

Loser.
zzz

United States

#78791 Aug 24, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the worse case of penis envy I've ever seen.
He's rich, you're not. He's happy, you're whining.
I know so many people like you, who don't like me.
Loser.
The fake Joyce you responded to is a loser. WFO I don't know anyone that really gives much thought on you one way or the other, lol.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#78792 Aug 24, 2014
When a Caring 8-Year-Old Girl Learned An Iraqi Vet Needed Help, She Just Had to Take Action Herself

By Soopermexican 6 hours ago

One special little girl made an Iraqi War vet tear up with her touching act of selflessness when she heard he needed help to train his dog to become an assistance animal.
Nick Bailey served two tours in Iraq and suffers from spinal injuries and PTSD as a result from a rocket bomb attack. From WCSC:
“For me, it’s just amazing that an 8-year-old girl would show any interest in me or my dog,” Bailey said.
Because of post traumatic stress from his military service, Bailey finds it hard to go out in public alone, and also suffers with mobility issues.
After he, and wife Vanessa noticed a strong connection between Nicholas and their pet German Shepherd, rather than take a government-issued service dog, the couple decided to train their dog Abel.
But training service dogs isn’t always free, as the Baileys found out.
Now, Nicholas and Vanessa are working to enroll him in a Myrtle Beach training school, Canine Angels, a program designed to help dogs like Abel overcome fear, also fine-tuning other skills needed to act as a complete service dog.
The cost of that training is nearly $6000.
That’s when Rachel Mennett found out about the Bailey’s inability to get assistance from veteran’s groups, and the eight-year-old did something about it. Her lemonade stand and her brother’s bake sale are now raising money to help Nick Bailey and his dog.
What a wonderful bunch of kids.
[If you'd like to help Nick Bailey, they have a GoFundMe donation site to assist their training of their dog Abel. And keep an eye out for a Molon Labe insignia during the video news report above!]
zzz

United States

#78793 Aug 24, 2014
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

1 hr ago

USAsince1680 wrote:(liberal)
"To become violent in Michael Brown's name is to betray the gentle giant he was." (Al Sharpton)
Now, how is that a voice for the looters? Try, just try, to post the truth once in awhile.

TN Voter response:
But he was violent... You saw the video where he robbed the store!!! Witness say he beat the hell out of the cop. The cop had the hell beat out of him! So looks like you posted another lie! That's what you people do. You lie!!! You people don't work! You live on topix! You can't work!!! So you're a person who post untrue comments ( lies ) and ya don't work!!! So please be quiet.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This post is one of many which is carrying the same theme people are really getting pissed at the media's lies like what was told in the Ferguson Missouri cop shooting. They are also pissed at the liberal trolls who continue to post lies. Can't say I blamed them one iota either because CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC (CBS?) all portrayed Michael Brown like he was a choir boy who was brutally murdered after a white cop when crazy for Michael Brown jaywalking...that was the first reporting I heard now a couple of weeks later and the entire story is different than what we were told it's like the media just made up a story they decided to promote and the truth be damned! I know Karen is still trying to post lies about this story herself and we all know she doesn't work a lick so she's a troll too!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#78794 Aug 24, 2014
Fox Pundit: What Obama Should Have Said to ISIS Before Hitting the Golf Course

By Michael Hausam 12 mins ago

YouTube:
Eric Bolling on What Obama Should Have Said On ISIS

A lot of people were upset with how quickly President Obama was on the golf course, immediately after giving a statement to the press on the execution of James Foley and the video of it that was released by ISIS.
The disconnect caused confusion among steadfast Obama supporters how to spin the poor optics. MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough tried (and failed) to think outside of the box by suggesting the president was “one cold bastard.” Scarborough was implying that ISIS might be impressed by Obama’s cool demeanor.
On Fox News, host Eric Bolling went a step further. As Bolling, here is how the President could retort to ISIS and still go golfing, devoid of any criticism:
Step up to the podium, take the microphone, clear your throat and say something like this:‘Hey ISIS, you just brought a knife to a drone fight.’ Drop the mic and then go golf. Message sent. My guess, message received.
It might have been more effective than a show of outrage before hitting the golf links minutes later. What should the president have said, or more appropriately, done?
Maddy

United States

#78795 Aug 24, 2014
Groups that closely follow regulations are expecting the Obama administration to continue issuing controversial rules through the midterm elections, despite the political risk it could pose for Democrats.

With time running out on President Obama’s second term, federal agencies are hitting the gas on a number of regulatory initiatives that are central to the White House’s “go-it-alone” agenda.

The pace of rulemaking is a stark contrast from the months leading up to the 2012 presidential election, when the flow of rules came screeching to a near halt.

The expectation that the gears of the regulatory process will keep moving highlights how the president's desire for a second-term legacy sometimes conflicts with the short-term political considerations of congressional Democrats.

“We can’t underestimate the role politics plays in regulatory decisions,” said Stuart Shapiro, a former staffer at the White House’s Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, who is now an associate professor at Rutgers University.“It’s important to remember that at the heart of regulations are political decisions.”

Obama’s regulatory push is having a notable impact on Kentucky’s Senate race, where Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R) is using the Environmental Protection Agency’s controversial climate rule against his opponent Alison Grimes, a Democrat.

Critics say Kentuckians stand to lose thousands of coal jobs under the EPA’s climate rule, making it very unpopular in the state. McConnell has promised to fight back against the EPA’s climate rule, and has not been shy about pointing out Grimes’ Democratic ties to President Obama.

But Obama isn’t “backing away” from the EPA’s climate rule, said Ronald White, regulatory policy director at the left-leaning Center for Effective Government — or for that matter, from the EPA’s waters rule, which is just as controversial.

The EPA says the water regulation is needed to clarify ambiguity in the law, while critics say it would give federal regulators expansive powers over the small bodies of water such as those found on many farms.

“Obviously, there are still some sensitivities, but if President Obama were really worried about negatively influencing the midterm elections, would he have been this aggressive on climate? Would he have been as supportive on the waters rule?” White asked.“I suspect not.”

Read more: http://thehill.com/regulation/pending-regs/21...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
Frank

Greenbrier, AR

#78796 Aug 24, 2014
Crazy Mother Forking dumbazz ignorant retarted repub Okies that do not have the sense to come in out of the rain.

These covers about 99.999999999999999999999999999 9999% of Okies.
Marget

Greenbrier, AR

#78797 Aug 24, 2014
freaks, geeks, Okies, dumbazzes, morons, imbeciles, ----all the same------
Jay

Lake Charles, LA

#78798 Aug 24, 2014
Texas Governor Perry's indictment to curb his gun-toting ways

Perry, a possible candidate in the 2016 Republican presidential race, has sought the spotlight since his indictment last week, holding news conferences to denounce the charges as politically motivated and turning his booking into a campaign-style event where he spoke to cheering supporters.

Under state law, Perry, a staunch supporter of gun rights who said he shot a coyote to death with a pistol while jogging in Austin in 2010, is no longer allowed a license to carry a concealed handgun because of the indictment.

Someone whose license is revoked can appeal or reapply two years after the date of revocation.

Perry has entered a not guilty plea to charges of abuse of official capacity, a first-degree felony, and coercion of a public official, a third-degree felony, handed down by a state grand jury last week. He faces up to 99 years in jail if convicted of the first-degree felony.

The longest-serving governor in the state's history, Perry became the target of an ethics investigation last year after he vetoed $7.5 million in funding for the state public integrity unit run from the Travis County district attorney's office. His veto was widely viewed as intended to force the resignation of Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg, a Democrat, after she had pleaded guilty to drunken driving.

Edwin Walker, a gun rights attorney in Houston, said if someone is indicted for a felony the state will suspend his or her concealed handgun license during the indictment period. Texas does not generally allow for the open carrying of handguns in public.

But a suspension would not prevent the governor from carrying a handgun while at home.

"He is allowed to have a concealed handgun wherever anybody is allowed to have one," Walker said. "That is on property that they own or property that they control."

At work, Perry is protected by an armed security detail.

Perry has been photographed firing weapons and posted a video called "What to do on a Day Off" that shows him shooting weapons at an Austin gun range. He has told reporters he owns several guns, including family heirlooms and historic handguns.

Under federal law, he is prohibited from buying guns and ammunition while under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.

"What he has he can use, but he can no longer purchase new stuff because of this felony charge," said Josh Felker, who runs Lone Star Handgun, a shooting range near San Antonio.

Perry has waived his right to appear at an arraignment scheduled in Austin on Friday, where his lawyers said they may seek to have the charges dismissed.

Under state law, Perry can keep his handguns, including the Ruger .380 he said he used to kill the coyote.
Jay

Lake Charles, LA

#78799 Aug 24, 2014
Perry, a possible candidate in the 2016 Republican presidential race
The fawker is history---thank the Lord----
Jenks

Lake Charles, LA

#78800 Aug 24, 2014
Missouri Police Officer Calls Ferguson Protesters ‘Rabid Dogs’

On Friday, the police department in Glendale, St. Louis suspended officer Michael Pappert over his Facebook comments about Ferguson protesters. In one of five posts, the officer wrote:

“I’m sick of these protesters. You are a burden on society and a blight on the community. These protesters should have been put down like a rabid dog the first night.”(source)

Pappert then referenced the Boston Marathon bombing and wrote:

“Where is a Muslim with a backpack when you need them.”(source)

Upon learning of Pappert’s comments, the Glendale Police Department suspended the officer. In a statement, it said:

“The matter is being taken very seriously and a thorough internal investigation will be conducted to determine why the posts were made.”(source)

The Glendale Police Department was also careful to emphasize that it did not share Pappert’s inappropriate views.

Pappert was recognized by press photographers as one of the St. Louis officers that went to Ferguson to control protesters. One photographer claimed he saw Pappert using his night stick to threaten journalists.

Pappert is just one in a string of police officers who are being suspended and investigated for their comments.

Recently, an investigation had been launched on Dan Page, an officer assigned to Ferguson. The investigation was prompted after a 2012 YouTube video of Page making unsettling statements was uncovered. In the video, Page said:

“I personally believe in Jesus Christ as my lord savior, but I’m also a killer. And if I need to, I’ll kill a whole bunch more. If you don’t want to get killed, don’t show up in front of me. It’s that simple. I’m into diversity — I kill everybody. I don’t care.”(source)

Let’s hope that officers such as Pappert and Page are taken out of law enforcement. Their extreme, violent and hateful views make them dangerous to everyone.
Max

Lake Charles, LA

#78801 Aug 24, 2014
I don't give a dam what no one say you.There are to dam many dam racist police with badges.Those are the ones killing black without a problem.This racist made this statement public with no problem.But this is the same ass racist sworn to protect the public.Get the hell out of here 9-10 times Wilson felt the same dam way.When he killed Mike Brown this country is going to hell.
Ace

Lake Charles, LA

#78802 Aug 24, 2014
These Racist Cops are coming out of the woodwork on a daily basis
Dr Jones

Lake Charles, LA

#78803 Aug 24, 2014
Another Ferguson? Young Black Man Shot In Chest With Hands Cuffed Behind Back. Police Say Suicide.

A familiar story is unfolding in New Iberia, Louisiana.

According to statements made by Louisiana State Police immediately after the incident, on March 2nd, 2014, 22 year old Victor White, III, of New Iberia, Louisiana, was stopped by police. Police suspected White was involved in a fight at a local convenience store. A deputy searched White, found narcotics on his person and arrested him. White’s hands were cuffed behind his back. He was placed in the back of a patrol car, then transported to the Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Office. Upon arriving at the station, White refused to exit the vehicle. As the arresting deputy called for assistance, White retrieved a handgun that he was hiding in his pants, then shot himself in the back. White was pronounced dead at a local hospital later that day.

However, the police department account of events sounds unlikely and the family doesn’t buy it.“My son didn’t shoot himself. I never believed it. I won’t believe it,” said Victor White, Sr.

In the five months that followed, the family was kept in the dark. No new information was released. Then, late last week, the Iberia Parish Coroner’s Office released the first page of the autopsy report. The autopsy, performed the same day White died, describes no back wounds at all. Instead, his cause of death is described as a gunshot wound to his right chest that passed through his left lung and heart, exited through his left armpit, and lacerated his upper arm. Although the autopsy still reports the official cause of death as suicide, the evidence suggests otherwise.

Yes, you read that correctly. The official police story, now corrected for accuracy by the autopsy is… White was stopped and thoroughly searched. Police found drugs, but no weapons. Then White, while seated in the back of a patrol car, with hands cuffed behind his back, miraculously produced a gun missed by deputies during their search. White then shot himself in the chest.

In light of this new evidence, the events, as told by the Louisiana State Police, now appear to be even more suspicious than before. If we go by the police report, White, in addition to being in possession of drugs, was an expert in sleight of hand and a highly skilled contortionist.

Following the release of the autopsy, Victor White, III’s father said,“Here is a family that, we are still grieving,” said White, Sr.“I’m angry the autopsy report took so long. I’m angry and frustrated with the fact that it’s still not over.”

In the deputy’s defense, the weapon found on White’s body is not carried by Iberia Parish Sheriff Officers. However, dozens of other scenarios could much more logically explain how the gun came into White’s possession.

Local Lafayette Louisiana television news stations are reporting the story. A report from KLFY filed today summarizes the shooting and KATC offers an analysis of the autopsy by experts.

Incidents where unarmed black men are killed by police have been making headlines in the months since White’s death:

* The NYPD strangled to death an unarmed, asthmatic Staten Island man named Eric Garner. Garner died on July 17th.

* The LAPD shot and killed Ezell Ford on Aug. 11th. Ford, an unarmed, mentally ill 25-year-old, was shot three times in the back.

* In a case that’s created weeks of riots and intense media coverage, Michael Brown was killed by local police in Ferguson, Missouri. The unarmed teen was shot six times, once in the head, on Aug 9th.

The White family is desperately trying to get to the bottom of what really happened. If you would like to help, the White family has launched a fundraising campaign to raise money for an independent autopsy and crime scene tests.
Marcus

Lake Charles, LA

#78804 Aug 24, 2014
Okay, so the gun is not OFFICIALLY CARRIED by the Sheriffs Department, however, hasnt anyone ever heard of a throw down piece or back up gun carried by police pretty much everywhere? Come on, DOJ, get to cleaning up these rogue police departments. Get ON with it.
Joyce

Lake Charles, LA

#78805 Aug 24, 2014
God have mercy on his soul, another black man executed by rogue cops simply for being black. I hope the White family get the justice they deserve. No justice no peace. RIP &#9829;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former First Security Bank President Receives T... Jul 15 okcnews405 1
People of Beaver (Sep '13) May '16 Some person in be... 8
liz ibison (Sep '14) Sep '14 damnn 1
You called the Aliens here. (Nov '08) Jun '14 Carlos Salazar 3
match.com posting... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Kat 1
Eliminating Police Dept Disclaimer (Sep '13) Apr '14 Brandon renshaw 15
Beaver safety & crime prevention (Feb '14) Feb '14 LRSavong 1

Beaver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance