1,553 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Jay

United States

#78766 Aug 23, 2014
" Punch him in the nose for so many different reasons" Yes and one of the reason is for being Black and being the AG of US of America. The second reason for being Black and smart, how the hell that even happens? The third reason is being Black and AG of US of America and sticking his nose here and telling us White folks that killing Black children is wrong, who the hell he think he is. The forth reason is being Black and being uppity.
Bud

United States

#78767 Aug 23, 2014
US of America? You DO mean these stolen lands, right....? STOLEN from my people?! You know us.... we are the REAL and TRUE Americans... we are Native Americans.... This "democracy" has only what it has coming to it! You show me ANY lands that were stolen from its Native peoples and benefited! Never HAS happened and never WILL happen! Give my lands back to my people and perhaps THEN it will flourish!
Donnie

United States

#78768 Aug 23, 2014
We have a saying in my Native tongue: "matue'g nestuapuguet et' nestuapuguet matue'g gi'l.". This translates in the English as, "Live in the truth and the truth lives in you."
Joyce

United States

#78769 Aug 23, 2014
There is a certain portion of the white race that is fearful that they will be the minority soon.This is what happens when they are backed into a corner.Republicans have destroyed thier ability to define thier own party.They played up to the far right for votes thinking that would give them a narrow victory in national elections. Now that the hate speech of the far right has permeated the party, the realization that they will soon be governed by the people that they have oppressed has them lashing out against those people.This is why the police have been militarized. There biggest fear is that we will do to them as they did to us.personally all I am looking for is to be an equal. I am not looking for revenge.
Jenks

United States

#78770 Aug 23, 2014
This police force in Ferguson is a kin to a pack of rabid dogs and they all need to be collected and fired and investigated for possible criminal acts and if any are found, they should be charged with them. The house cleaning shouldn't stop at the Police Department but continue on up to and through the office of the District Attorney who appears to be an intregal part of the "Furgeson Good Ole Boy Club".
Dr Jones

United States

#78771 Aug 23, 2014
Russia Calls For International Intervention In Ferguson

In a moment of perfect irony, Russian MP Sergey Neverov has put out a call for an international intervention in the wake of continuing violence in Ferguson, Missouri. This came after a tweet from MP Aleksei Pushkov, the committee for international relations chair for the State Duma, Russia’s lower house of Parliament, came down strongly against the use of tear gas and rubber bullets.

Translated:

USA has used tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse a protest in Ferguson. Is not it a sign of dictatorship and excessive use of force?

As reported by RT, the State Duma, has already begun preparing for such an intervention with Aleksei Pushkov the likely Russian delegate to an international commission set up for addressing the continuing violence in Ferguson.

The envoy for the Russian Foreign Ministry’s envoy for Human Rights, Konstantin Dolgov, posted some particularly harsh criticisms as well.

A teenager was kneeling before policemen with his arms raised and still he was shot six times. It is worth remembering that over 400 people in the US become victims of policemen every year.

The US Department of State should be concerned about the situation in their own country. Instead of trying to calm the people after the killing of a young black man by the police they are deploying the National Guard against their own people. This means that the number of victims can increase.

While demanding that other countries guarantee the freedom of speech and stop suppressing anti-government protests, at home the US authorities never show any leniency towards those who actively express their discontent with inequality, de-facto discrimination, and the position of second class citizens. As we have all seen, reporters who perform their professional duty also get their share of ill treatment.

To be carefully considered is that the US now has an estimated 6 million domestic terrorists which have been moving to engage in escalating the tensions in the St. Louis suburb. These terrorists have now been labelled as the single largest threat within the US. Using the metric which the US itself established, with the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, the Russians now are weighing the need for a peacekeeping mission to Ferguson as well as other US cities to help quell the violence which is threatening to destabilize the nation.

The irony in Russia now using the UN programs which the US pushed to legalize interventions around the world cannot be ignored. In fact, Russia has been engaged in deploying peacekeeping forces now for many years, deploying in partnership with Moldova within the breakaway republic Transnistria to prevent the nations collapse in to civil war.

If Russia does manage to call for such an operation within the US, and it sticks in the UN, we could be looking at a near reversal of fortune for the United States. Our once proud nation having devolved to little more than a police state controlled by an oligarchy. The real irony is how less than a week ago, such an action was contemplated as satire by vox. Now it is becoming all too real. To even further underscore the irony, during a live broadcast, CNN had the crowd behind them calling for help from North Korea. It is highly unlikely that the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea would intervene, but so far there has not been a public statement from the reclusive Asian nation.

And, to further add a level of irony, the US has already pre-approved such an action through the UN resolutions passed in order to authorize action in Afghanistan and Iraq. To prevent a Russian based operation would undermine US operations around the world.

Will this happen? Highly unlikely. But, Russia is at least enjoying the awkward situation which they have now put the United States into.
Alex

United States

#78772 Aug 23, 2014
Imagine how crazy this would make conspiracy theorists! Would this force the U.S. to withdraw from the UN? How would we justify a unilateral veto if the UN decided it was necessary to send in international peacekeepers? How much does Ferguson weaken the USA internationally? Very much so! How can we be seen as peacekeepers and liberators if we can't live up to the standards we set for the world? The DOJ should be investigating and a federal grand jury convened along with a full federal investigation into local and state police forces as well as.national guard troops deployed.
Max

United States

#78774 Aug 23, 2014
Ron Paul defends Putin over downed Malaysian plane: of course he does
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/20/1315...

Tough Times for Kentucky Coal Business
http://www.coalage.com/news/latest/2776-tough...

Officials In Alabama Say Coal Is From God, Hold Prayer To Stop EPA Rules (VIDEO)
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/07/29/offic...

Russia's Severstal sells US-based PBS Coals to Corsa Coal
http://www.miningweekly.com/article/russias-s...

Conservatives Want to Wipe Out Coal Rules…Over a Typo
http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/0...

Politican Call to solve Ukraine fuelled by gas lobby
http://www.republicreport.org/2014/gas-ukrain...

exxons-ongoing-love-affair-rus sia/
http://www.republicreport.org/2014/exxons-ong...

Gunnoe Appeals to President … Judge Dismisses Health Studies on Mountaintop Removal
http://ecowatch.com/2014/08/22/moving-mountai...

Mitch McConnell Laughs at the Unemployed as He Promises to Vote No on UI Benefits
http://www.politicususa.com/20 ...

How Mitch McConnell became very rich
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/12/05/9258... #

Coal operator plans to open 7 mines in eastern Ky.; coal headed to China
http://news.yahoo.com/coal-operator-plans-ope...

How does this make you really feel about Russia intervening for the American people?I think it is funny and I say how do other countries feel when we get involved into their problems. We get involved with their problems and they get involved in ours. Maybe Russia can get to the bottom of the truth.

Sarah Palin Wishes Manly Vladimir Putin Could Be Our President Instead
http://wonkette.com/543130/sarah-palin-wishes...

How Government Blacklists Journalists From Accessing the Truth
The public is being systematically divorced from public policy, which is exactly what too many elected officials want.
http://www.alternet.org/media/how-government-...

Sarah Palin does ice bucket challenge, makes noise more horrifying than her speaking voice
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/23/sarah-p...
DoesntMatter

Oklahoma City, OK

#78775 Aug 23, 2014
Liberals asked for every piece of police misconduct happening everywhere . Always want to make the government bigger and then cry about what happens when they become too powerful. Oh well, we told you so.
Joyce

United States

#78776 Aug 23, 2014
Huh? School Superintendent Slut-Shames Students To Prevent Classmates From Slut-Shaming

Call it “preemptive slut-shaming.” A high school superintendent defends her decision to hold public “dress code checks”– including making females bend over – because she would hate for other kids to see how they dress and call her female students “skanks.”

The superintendent at Noble, Oklahoma’s Noble High School is under fire after many of her students complained about the way she enforced a strict dress code. Kids gripping about a dress code is not unusual, but at this school, they may have reason to be concerned.

At a welcome back to school assembly on the first day of the school year, Things went came to a head at a recent school assembly when the superintendent, Ronda Bass, asked the gathered children,“Have y’all ever seen any ‘skanks’ around this school… I don’t want to see anyone’s ass hanging out of their shorts.”

Later, Bass personally saw to it that there were indeed no “skanks” in her school when she did yet another dress code check. During this, students allege Bass made girls bend over to ensure that their skirts covered enough skin in any conceivable position. According to KFOR, Bass told the girls,“If you’re not comfortable with bending over, we might have a problem.”

Several of the girls failed Bass’ test and were sent home crying.

“A lot of girls actually felt humiliated,” one student told KFOR.“You could see it in their faces that they were.”

After parents and students began to complain, Bass defended her actions by saying she was just protecting the girls’ honor.

“I knew that students from other towns were calling our girls really negative names. The message I wanted to send to them was I don’t want them to be called those names,” says Bass.“I want us to be known as the classy lady Bears.”

According to Bass, other schools were calling her students mean names, and rather than stick up for her school, she responded by identifying the girls she felt were contributing to that image and made them conform to a more chaste manner of dress. Well then, that sounds healthy and not at all problematic or harmful to young women sense of themselves.

Bass appears to be in a camp that considers themselves the last line of defense between sexual anarchy and purity. In a typically unapologetic email, Bass encourages her teachers to help her fight the good fight against promiscuity.

“Our female students are pushing the limits. We all know this to be true… please help us stay on top of this until a new norm of modesty is established.”

A “new form of modesty.” Yes, kids have always been so willing to fall in line after just a little dress code enforcement.

As Think Progress points out, this isn’t the first time female students have been targeted for failing to adhere to modest dress. What women and girls wear is seen as a community concern and something worth policing. Boys have less expectations to remain pure.
Joyce

United States

#78777 Aug 23, 2014
OK high school administrator shames female students with dress code, calls them ‘skanks’

Saturday, August 23, 2014 22:04 EDT

The school superintendent of Oklahoma high school is under fire from parents who feel she humiliated their daughters at the start of the school year over their revealing clothing, according to KFOR.

Noble High School superintendent Ronda Bass, who calls herself “Mama Bear Bass” after the school’s mascot, sat down with some of her female students at the end of the first day of school to discuss their attire.

Claiming that she is very protective of her students, the females in particular, Bass claims,“The first question I asked was how many of you in here believe that there are female students on the campus today that are dressed completely inappropriate. Most of their hands went up.”

Student Stephanie Stewart, a senior, says that is not quite accurate.

Stewart said,“The first sentence was,‘Have y’all ever seen any ‘skanks’ around this school’. Around the end she said,‘I don’t want to see anyone’s ass hanging out of their shorts.”

The following morning, Bass showed up unannounced and asked just the girls to stand up while she did a dress code check, asking some of the girls to bend over.

Stewart said she was singled out because Bass felt her dress was too short.

Bass explained her actions saying,“If you’re not comfortable with bending over, we might have a problem.”

Stewart said she thought the superintendent handled the situation poorly, sending some girls home crying on the first week of school.

“A lot of girls actually felt humiliated,” says Stewart.“You could see it in their faces that they were.”

Asked if she referred to the girls as ‘skanks, Bass demurred saying she is only trying to protect the girl’s reputations.

“I knew that students from other towns were calling our girls really negative names. The message I wanted to send to them was I don’t want them to be called those names,” Bass explained.“I want us to be known as the classy lady Bears.”
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#78778 Aug 23, 2014
Iowa Candidate: If Illegal Immigrants Aren’t Given Amnesty, There Will Be More Terrorists in America

By Kevin Boyd 8 hours ago

A Democrat member of the Iowa House of Representatives and nominee for the IA-01 Congressional race says that we need to grant illegal immigrants amnesty or they will become terrorists. Pat Murphy said this on an interview with Iowa Public Radio, when he was asked about the border crisis.
The Daily Caller reported the comment:
Speaking with Iowa Public Radio host Ben Kieffer, Murphy said that “we need to make sure that we take care of the children that are coming up here.”

“They’re not from Mexico, they’re coming from further south,” Murphy continued.“We need to make sure that when we’re talking about these children we need to treat them like they’re our children or our grandchildren.

If they’re gonna be refugees, which several of them are going to be, we need to make sure that we have—one, we take care of them, and we create a pathway for citizenship and set up education for them so they don’t become the same problem that we’re currently having in the Middle East—that they’ll be terrorists a generation from now.”
Representative Murphy is overlooking the role of ideology in motivating terrorism; for example, Islamic extremism. As CNN reported in 2013, based on the terrorism think tank START’s statistics:
Although terrorism touched 85 countries last year, just three – Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan – suffered more than half of 2012’s attacks (55%) and fatalities (62%).
While many academics and experts attempt to link terrorism to socio-economic disparity or poverty, this does not explain why there is a heavy concentration of terrorism incidents in the Islamic-dominated Middle East, but sparse counts of terrorism attacks and fatalities in impoverished regions elsewhere.
Ideology matters. North America, by contrast to Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, represents only a tiny fraction of terrorist attacks worldwide by location. In addition, many deadly Islamist terrorist attacks are carried out by rich Muslims, and not poor ones.
This is not say that the majority of Muslims are terrorists, but that there are a high number of terrorists who carry out deadly attacks in the name of Islam. There are very few terrorists who carry out such violent acts in the name of “amnesty” or “jobs.”
This guy is nuts!
Raz

United States

#78779 Aug 23, 2014
yet another criminal California DemoKKKrat State Senator....

Ben Hueso (D-San Diego) arrested for DUI while driving his state-issued car the wrong way down a one-way street.....
Raz

United States

#78780 Aug 23, 2014
While national news media continue to focus on race in Ferguson, Missouri, where a white police officer shot and killed an unarmed black teenager, they apparently don’t think a similar case in Utah with the races reversed is that newsworthy.

Police in Salt Lake City are continuing their probe into an Aug. 11 shooting outside a 7-Eleven convenience store, when a black police officer, whom local media are referring to as “not white,” shot and killed 20-year-old Dillon Taylor, who was unarmed at the time, according to his supporters.

Police Chief Chris Burbank said the entire incident was captured on the body camera of the officer who shot Taylor.

“You will see on camera … the actions of everyone involved, including up to the point where our officer utilizes deadly force and his response thereafter,” Burbank told reporters.

He said the video, along with the officer’s identity, will be released at the “appropriate” time, adding it could be days, weeks or months.
So What

Choctaw, OK

#78781 Aug 23, 2014
Joyce wrote:
OK high school administrator shames female students with dress code, calls them ‘skanks’
Saturday, August 23, 2014 22:04 EDT
The school superintendent of Oklahoma high school is under fire from parents who feel she humiliated their daughters at the start of the school year over their revealing clothing, according to KFOR.
Noble High School superintendent Ronda Bass, who calls herself “Mama Bear Bass” after the school’s mascot, sat down with some of her female students at the end of the first day of school to discuss their attire.
Claiming that she is very protective of her students, the females in particular, Bass claims,“The first question I asked was how many of you in here believe that there are female students on the campus today that are dressed completely inappropriate. Most of their hands went up.”
Student Stephanie Stewart, a senior, says that is not quite accurate.
Stewart said,“The first sentence was,‘Have y’all ever seen any ‘skanks’ around this school’. Around the end she said,‘I don’t want to see anyone’s ass hanging out of their shorts.”
The following morning, Bass showed up unannounced and asked just the girls to stand up while she did a dress code check, asking some of the girls to bend over.
Stewart said she was singled out because Bass felt her dress was too short.
Bass explained her actions saying,“If you’re not comfortable with bending over, we might have a problem.”
Stewart said she thought the superintendent handled the situation poorly, sending some girls home crying on the first week of school.
“A lot of girls actually felt humiliated,” says Stewart.“You could see it in their faces that they were.”
Asked if she referred to the girls as ‘skanks, Bass demurred saying she is only trying to protect the girl’s reputations.
“I knew that students from other towns were calling our girls really negative names. The message I wanted to send to them was I don’t want them to be called those names,” Bass explained.“I want us to be known as the classy lady Bears.”
I'm all for dress code enforcement but Bass took it to far. And she knew she had when she was called on it, by lying.

“I knew that students from other towns were calling our girls really negative names. The message I wanted to send to them was I don’t want them to be called those names,” Bass explained.“I want us to be known as the classy lady Bears.

How do students from other schools know what Noble students are wearing to school? They have their own dress code violators to gawk at. Making students bend over to see if their ass is showing sounds pretty strange to me.

Most schools are against uniforms because it doesn't allow for freedom of expression, but when students express them selves freely then peoples feelings get hurt. What's really crazy is what they can't wear to class they can wear to athletic practice or even school events such as cheerleading and pom uniforms. I guess it is okay to show your "ass" then just as long as you're shaking it.

And while we are on the subject of representing your school in an appropriate manner, Bass needs to brush her hair before she goes on camera, she looked like she just rolled out of bed.

I think the school board will fire her "ass" because she showed her "ass" when she was doing her job.
So What

Choctaw, OK

#78782 Aug 23, 2014
Raz wrote:
While national news media continue to focus on race in Ferguson, Missouri, where a white police officer shot and killed an unarmed black teenager, they apparently don’t think a similar case in Utah with the races reversed is that newsworthy.
Police in Salt Lake City are continuing their probe into an Aug. 11 shooting outside a 7-Eleven convenience store, when a black police officer, whom local media are referring to as “not white,” shot and killed 20-year-old Dillon Taylor, who was unarmed at the time, according to his supporters.
Police Chief Chris Burbank said the entire incident was captured on the body camera of the officer who shot Taylor.
“You will see on camera … the actions of everyone involved, including up to the point where our officer utilizes deadly force and his response thereafter,” Burbank told reporters.
He said the video, along with the officer’s identity, will be released at the “appropriate” time, adding it could be days, weeks or months.
LOL! How old was brown, twenteen? We are being haunted by the ghost of Karen.
Raz

United States

#78783 Aug 23, 2014
23 Aug 2014, 8:25 PM PDT 161 post a comment

Local Winooski, Vermont restaurant Sneakers Bistro has removed a sign that read,“Yield Sneakers Bacon” citing opposition from a Muslim community member and safety concerns.

The sign was put up as part of a city program that allows businesses to post an advertisement in an area where they have helped maintain city flowerbeds. The sign that read “Yield Sneakers Bacon” was removed after a woman, identifying herself as a Muslim, posted in an online community forum, stating she was personally offended by the sign, according to a WPTZ News report. WPTZ wrote that the woman who complained online called the sign “insensitive to those who do not consume pork.”

Saturday morning the restaurant posted to Facebook,“We are here to serve people BREAKFAST, not politics. We removed the sign that was located on public property as a gesture of respect for our diverse community. There were also concerns raised about safety(emphasis added). Removing it was not a difficult decision. We still love bacon. We still love eggs. Please have the political conversation elsewhere.”

*To all Muslims in America we consume pork products but if you choose not to eat pork we don't give a damn but we reserve the right no let me rephrase that WE DEMAND the right to free speech and to freely advertise our love of pork and pork products in our restaurants, city markets, farmers markets. Now if you think our freedom of speech and our open markets and our traditional customs are too much for you to bare then move back to the M.E. I hear there are openings apparently many of your brethren have been killed or have died in suicide bombings
So What

Choctaw, OK

#78785 Aug 23, 2014
Raz wrote:
23 Aug 2014, 8:25 PM PDT 161 post a comment
Local Winooski, Vermont restaurant Sneakers Bistro has removed a sign that read,“Yield Sneakers Bacon” citing opposition from a Muslim community member and safety concerns.
The sign was put up as part of a city program that allows businesses to post an advertisement in an area where they have helped maintain city flowerbeds. The sign that read “Yield Sneakers Bacon” was removed after a woman, identifying herself as a Muslim, posted in an online community forum, stating she was personally offended by the sign, according to a WPTZ News report. WPTZ wrote that the woman who complained online called the sign “insensitive to those who do not consume pork.”
Saturday morning the restaurant posted to Facebook,“We are here to serve people BREAKFAST, not politics. We removed the sign that was located on public property as a gesture of respect for our diverse community. There were also concerns raised about safety(emphasis added). Removing it was not a difficult decision. We still love bacon. We still love eggs. Please have the political conversation elsewhere.”
*To all Muslims in America we consume pork products but if you choose not to eat pork we don't give a damn but we reserve the right no let me rephrase that WE DEMAND the right to free speech and to freely advertise our love of pork and pork products in our restaurants, city markets, farmers markets. Now if you think our freedom of speech and our open markets and our traditional customs are too much for you to bare then move back to the M.E. I hear there are openings apparently many of your brethren have been killed or have died in suicide bombings
LOL! I don't eat pig's feet, but I might consider trying them if they were made to wear sneakers.
Raz

United States

#78786 Aug 23, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! How old was brown, twenteen? We are being haunted by the ghost of Karen.
18, I think he just graduated this year from HS. If Karen's ghost is here then she should confirm her agreement with the post on bacon not to be advertised by a restaurant because it offended a Muslim woman in a Vermont community.

LOL.

Believe it or not they took the damn sign down! I sure as hell wouldn't it's their restaurant it's advertising what it sales and it has the right to do both advertise and sale all lawful products, goods or services in America Muslims don't like it then go back to the countries of your choice that support Sharia Law and leave us in America alone!
Jenks

United States

#78787 Aug 24, 2014
Stanley Fischer (2nd R), vice chairman of the Federal Reserve System, speaks with demonstrator Reginald Rounds from Ferguson, Missouri at the Jackson Hole Economic Policy Symposium in Jackson Hole, Wyoming August 22, 2014.

Credit: Reuters/David Stubbs

(Reuters)- Reginald Rounds was among those present at the Federal Reserve's high-flying monetary conference here, enjoying the chance to button hole two top officials of the U.S. central bank.

The St. Louis resident is neither an economist nor a central banker. He's a 57-year-old unemployed worker, who said he is trained in the green technology field and can't find a job.

He was among a group of activists who gathered on the sidelines of the Fed's annual symposium wearing green t-shirts with "What Recovery?" on the front and a chart depicting sluggish U.S. wage growth on the back.

"From the world where I reside, there is no recovery. We need a boost. We need a jump start," said Rounds. "The key is jobs creation."

The ten activists, most of whom were unemployed and seeking jobs, were sent as emissaries for a coalition of advocacy groups that has launched an unusual campaign from the left to press the U.S. central bank to keep monetary policy easy.

The coalition, consisting of more than 70 organizations, released an open letter to Fed officials earlier this week urging them to hold off on interest rate hikes until wages were rising more swiftly.

While small in number, the activists managed to get a great deal of face time with senior officials. On Thursday, they spoke with the host of the conference, Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank President Esther George, for two hours.

On Friday, Fed Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer stepped out of the conference to spend ten minutes to listen to their plight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
liz ibison (Sep '14) Sep '14 damnn 1
You called the Aliens here. (Nov '08) Jun '14 Carlos Salazar 3
match.com posting... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Kat 1
Eliminating Police Dept Disclaimer (Sep '13) Apr '14 Brandon renshaw 15
People of Beaver (Sep '13) Mar '14 wake up Beaver Ok 7
Beaver safety & crime prevention (Feb '14) Feb '14 LRSavong 1
Help your Nursing Home (Jan '14) Jan '14 concernedcuts 1 3
Beaver Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web