OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,569 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

DoesntMatter

United States

#78599 Aug 21, 2014
LOL WIngnuts wrote:
I said you ran to the anti-american thread...what you forgot Doesn't Matter is that you went there under the name Doesn't Matter..not like the 'other's that you use...

And that you have to go back..to my other posts...back a couple of days ago to try and make some kind of point..

Brown had 2 head shots...one on the very top of his head...

I guess you think he was running at the cop with his head down...LOL

Of course that was the 2nd killing shot..but the other one...the one going through the back of his hand through the eye...why he was still standing ...and what...running at the cop..

Your a silly person whose posts on this bare no SEMBLANCE to reality..
More of your paranoia.
JAG

United States

#78600 Aug 21, 2014
9-year-old boy shot in chest, hands and arms in a backyard in Grand Crossing neighborhood.

August 21, 2014, 3:32 AM

A 9-year-old boy was killed and at least eight others were wounded, one fatally, in separate shootings on the city's South and Northwest Sides, officials said..

The boy killed had been shot in the 1200 block of East 71st Street in the city’s Grand Crossing neighborhood, police said. The boy was in a backyard near train tracks when he was shot in the chest, hands and arms about 4 p.m., police said. The boy was taken to Comer Children's Hospital in critical condition where he was later pronounced dead, said police

WERE IS THE 40 FBI AGENTS ?
WERE IS OBAMA ?
WERE IS REV AL ?
WERE IS THE OUT CRY ?
WERE IS THE ANTI GUN MARCH ?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#78601 Aug 21, 2014
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
More of your paranoia.
Isn't it funny karen is accusing you as using all those posting names on the forums about her when she accuses meof the samething and then it is Heat and heaven knows who else.
I see she said she was done with us all and leaving one more time. HAHA!
Oh Well, all I have to say to her Is see ya wouldn't want to be ya! And wish her a nice day!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#78602 Aug 21, 2014
Bill Maher Tweets a Rude Awakening to Islamic Terror Deniers Who ‘Keep Pretending All Religions Are Alike’

By Michael Hausam 17 hours ago

On the heels of the news that ISIS radicals had released a video showing the beheading of an American photojournalist, comedian and talk show host Bill Maher set Twitter ablaze with this:

http://static.ijreview.com/wp-content/uploads...

The tweet generated a host of responses from progressives who routinely compare Christians, conservatives, and tea party members to Islamic extremists and terrorist groups like ISIS/ISIL. When you have Vice President Joe Biden comparing tea partiers to terrorists, and CNN publishing op-eds like “U.S. right wing extremists more deadly than jihadists,” this is far from an uncommon practice.
As a religious group, Christians in the United States are often treated by progressives as a bigger threat to security than Islamic terrorism. The religion of Christianity does not fuel a significant amount of terrorism in the U.S. or worldwide.
For some background, Maher himself has blasted Christians in the past, calling God a ‘psychotic mass-murderer’ and suggesting that Christians were immoral for worshiping a God who “drowns babies”(in reference to the film Noah).
Love his brand of commentary or not, Maher knows how to be provocative – and his tweet was a wake-up call to progressives who see no difference between peace-loving Christians who want the government to leave them alone and mass-murdering Islamic terrorist groups.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#78603 Aug 21, 2014
So What's post #78512

Urban decay really doesn't have to do with the economy, It has more to do with social conditions. I'm sure you can find communities around the St. Louis area that are thriving right now and productive people will flock to them no matter what race they are to insure a better quality of life for themselves and their families.

But I do have this story to share, I have a friend that lives in a neighborhood that I'm familiar with because it is in the town I grew up in, and was built about the time I was going to elementary school. It is a nice middle class neighborhood that started out being all white. Over time it has become more diversified but is still a nice neighborhood, the residents seem to be proud of their homes because it is well kept, but of course like all neighborhoods you always have those that lets say don't have a problem with keeping their neighbors home values down.

My friend moved their long after it started becoming diversified so it's not like she is upset at the fact that it is no longer all white so I feel her comments weren't motivated by racism. About a year after Obama was elected I went to visit her and we decided to leave together. We were driving out of the neighbor and drove up on a group of African American teenage kids that were walking down the middle of our lane, they turned and saw that we were approaching and never thought twice about moving out of our way even though another car was coming at us in the other lane, so my friend had to stop and wait to go around them.
I was a little shocked because these kids looked like any normal well rounded kids, if I had seen my kids with them in school I wouldn't think twice about it. I asked if this is what it is like here all the time, and she said no, but since Obama had been elected it seemed to her that it was becoming more prevalent, that it seemed to her that Obama being elected President had emboldened them to become more defiant than before.

Now when Obama was elected in 2008 I thought what a positive thing for the African American Community to have a roll model that is now the world's most powerful person, but it seems to have had a negative affect in some cases instead of the positive effect that I was anticipating. Of coarse this just one minimal event but it did surprise me that someone that is probably as least a racist as some can be made a comment like that.
No where was there mention the neighborhood was a underprivileged neighborhood, karen!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#78605 Aug 21, 2014
Star Witness In Michael Brown Shooting Charged With Theft, Filing False Police Report

By Larry O'Connor 6 hours ago

Dorian Johnson, the primary witness to the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, has an outstanding warrant for a 2011 theft in Jefferson City and pleaded guilty for filing a false police report related to that theft.
St. Louis ABC affiliate ABC 17 cross referenced Johnson’s name against several records and discovered the warrant.
Johnson will be the star witness for any potential prosecution proceedings against Officer Darren Wilson for the shooting of Brown. Johnson was walking with Brown when the shooting occurred.
He has already done multiple media appearances where he falsely claimed Brown was shot by Wilson in the back. He also has claimed that Brown never reached for Wilson’s gun, was “shot like an animal” and that Brown had his hands up and told Wilson he was unarmed.
Johnson’s claims helped inspire the protests and riots in Ferguson over the past 10 days, as well as the “Hands up, don’t shoot” rallying cry of the protesters and their supporters.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch has details about the 2011 charges against Johnson:
During the summer after his first semester at Lincoln, Johnson was charged with a misdemeanor after giving police a false first name after he was arrested on suspicion of theft. He later pleaded guilty.

He was accused of stealing a package containing a backpack belonging to someone else from an apartment complex. When he was arrested in that case, he identified himself as Derrick Johnson and said he was 16.

He is wanted for failing to appear in Jefferson City municipal court to answer to the theft charge, court officials said.
According to the Post-Dispatch, the president of the local chapter of the NAACP knew about the charges against Johnson, but the fact that he was guilty of lying to the police didn’t matter:
Adolphus Pruitt, president of the St. Louis NAACP chapter, which has been encouraging witnesses to come forward, said Johnson’s false report case “doesn’t concern me.”

“He’s been very clear about what occurred, and now we have … four others stating facts that support the statements he’s been making,” Pruitt said.“Why would that diminish other accounts that are relatively the same?”
Whether or not Johnson committed the crime, lied to police, or is proven false on his account of how Brown was shot by Wilson, finding out what actually happened in the Ferguson shooting will require more evidence and multiple eye-witness accounts. It is important for neither the mainstream media nor armchair pundits to act like they definitively know what happened in this tragic event.
DoesntMatter

Tryon, OK

#78606 Aug 21, 2014
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it funny karen is accusing you as using all those posting names on the forums about her when she accuses meof the samething and then it is Heat and heaven knows who else.
I see she said she was done with us all and leaving one more time. HAHA!
Oh Well, all I have to say to her Is see ya wouldn't want to be ya! And wish her a nice day!
Paranoia is part of her mental illness. It's part of the reason she can't leave this board. In the past 3 weeks, I have sold a house, moved, and in the process of building another one. I don't have Internet bc of that and im using my phone. Which is why I posted on the wrong thread. That's why I haven't been on much and I damn sure don't have the time to change names to post. But I know everyone here knows she's nuts.
DoesntMatter

Tryon, OK

#78607 Aug 21, 2014
The U.S. Government Accountability Office released a seven-page report on Thursday saying the Obama administration's Defense Department violated U.S. law by swapping five Guantanamo Bay detainees for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl without giving congress advance notice of the transfer.

Republicans blasted the prisoner swap earlier this year in large part because most members were given just a few hours' notice that it was happening. According to the GOP, that went against the Defense Department spending bill for 2014, which required a 30 day notice before moving anyone out of Guantanamo Bay.

A government report says the Defense Department failed to give Congress 30 days' notice about the prisoner swap.(AP Photo/Eugene R. Fidell)

The GAO report agreed with the Republican argument and said Defense appears to have violated the law.

"Section 8111 prohibits DOD from using appropriated funds to transfer any individuals detained at Guantanamo Bay unless the Secretary of Defense notifies certain congressional committees at least 30 days before the transfer," it said.

"[W]e conclude that DOD violated section 8111 because it did not notify the relevant congressional committees at least 30 days in advance of the transfer," it added.

At the time, the administration said it had to work quickly to secure Bergdahl's return, but Republicans rejected that as an excuse not to involved Congress.

GAO also said Defense violated another law by using funds to carry out the transfer when there was no money appropriated for that purpose.

But while the report sides with the GOP, it's not clear what they can do about it at this point. Bergdahl has returned to the United States, and the former Guantanamo detainees are in Qatar, which has promised to keep them in the country for a year.

One option could be to somehow punish the Defense Department in the next spending bill.

In the House, Republicans have proposed a resolution disapproving of the Obama administration's failure to notify Congress about the transfer. But even if the resolution were approved, it is non-binding and would have no legal impact against the administration.
DoesntMatter

Tryon, OK

#78608 Aug 21, 2014
And another instance where the courts will have to step in to keep Obama and Company's lawlessness under a bit of control.

A federal judge resurrected the dormant Fast and Furious scandal by ordering the Justice Department to provide additional documents to House investigators probing the botched gun walking program.

U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson ruled that the DOJ must turn over a privilege log of Operation Fast and Furious documents to the House by Oct. 1.

The privileged logs were among the thousands of pages of documents the Justice Department withheld from the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee during its investigation that has been going on since 2011.

The judge's order requires the department to produce all non-privileged documents and a detailed description of privileged documents. The committee will have until Oct. 17 to object to any withheld documents, according to a committee news release.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#78609 Aug 21, 2014
Amid Ferguson’s Turmoil One Man Stands Up To Looters And Shows Us What America Really Looks Like

By Juan 6 hours ago

YouTube
This is not what Michael Brown would want (Uncensored)

Messy doesn’t even begin to describe the tragedy taking place in Ferguson, Missouri, after the shooting of Michael Brown. The toll so far: One young man dead, businesses destroyed by looters, police practices condemned, and a nation divided by questions of race and class, law and injustice.
The tone of the national conversation is punctuated by an air of certainty by those who feel compelled to choose a side. Points are ferociously, passionately argued in hopes of proving who’s right, who wins. It’s a climate where emotions and ideologies rage. It’s an atmosphere where it can be difficult to spot the balance, the humanity.
That’s what makes this report from Fox Detroit’s Charlie LeDuff so amazing. While his report shows the sad state of affairs in Ferguson with the city’s misguided inhabitants looting in a perverted attempt at obtaining “justice,” LeDuff also captures a man on camera who inspires a glimmer of hope in the midst of the ugliest of situations.
When confronted by a crowd of looters intent on ransacking the building behind him, the Ferguson resident takes a stand and a prospective looter asks him:
You for the white man, bro?
The man’s reply is perfect:
I’m for everybody.
If only we could all feel the same way.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#78610 Aug 21, 2014
A Week Before His Murder, James Foley’s Family Received a Chilling Warning From ISIS

By Justen Charters 10 hours ago

After the gruesome murder of their son, James Foley, his family revealed that they had received a chilling email from ISIS a week before. From a Sky News video report:
Philip Balboni, President of the Global Post news website, said:“On Wednesday night last week the Foley family received an email from the kidnappers that was full of rage against the United States bombing and they stated that they would execute Jim.

“Obviously, we hoped and prayed that that would not be the case.

“We communicated as quickly as we could, with the captors; pleaded with them for mercy.”
When Foley’s parents learned of the tragic news of their son’s murder, they spoke to the media outside of their home and honored their son’s life.
“We’re very proud of Jim,” the Foleys said.“He was a courageous, fearless journalist. A very compassionate American.”
“We thank Jim for all the joy he gave us. He was an extraordinary son, brother, journalist and person,” Diane Foley said.
“He met the most horrific end and it haunts me how much pain he must have been in and how cruel this method of execution is as opposed to so many others,” the grieving father continued.
John Foley believes that James was the kind of man who would volunteer to be executed first for others’ sake.
“He was courageous to the end and he accepted his situation and he gathered his faith.”
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#78611 Aug 21, 2014
Federal Report: President Obama Broke the Law with Bergdahl Prisoner Swap

By Michael Hausam 3 hours ago

The Government Accountability Office released a report this morning clearly stating that the administration violated two different laws in arranging for prisoners at Guantanamo to be exchanged for the release of Bowe Bergdahl. The story was picked up by the Washington Free Beacon.
A summary of the finding:
The Department of Defense (DOD) violated section 8111 of the Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2014 when it transferred five individuals detained at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to the nation of Qatar without providing at least 30 days notice to certain congressional committees.

Section 8111 prohibits DOD from using appropriated funds to transfer any individuals detained at Guantanamo Bay unless the Secretary of Defense notifies certain congressional committees at least 30 days before the transfer. As a consequence of using its appropriations in a manner specifically prohibited by law, DOD also violated the Antideficiency Act.
Section 8111 of the Department of Defense Appropriations Act states that use of funds “appropriated or otherwise made available” may not be used to transfer a detainee from Gitmo to a foreign entity without 30-day advance notification.
In Bergdahl’s case, the DoD notified the relevant committees on the very day the transfer took place. The GAO reports that the DoD’s opinion was that this requirement did not apply and, furthermore, that the 8111 restrictions are unconstitutional. In other words, it doesn’t matter and even if it does, it shouldn’t. The GAO rejected both arguments and maintains that a violation occurred.
On the claim of unconstitutionality, the GAO said:
It is not our role or our practice to determine the constitutionality of duly enacted statutes,” the report says.“In our view, where legislation has been passed by Congress and signed by the President, thereby satisfying the bicameralism and presentment requirements in the Constitution, that legislation is entitled to a heavy presumption in favor of constitutionality.
The Antideficiency Act forbids incurring a financial obligation “in excess or in advance of amounts that are legally available.”
The GAO found that the DoD obligated “at least $988,400 in excess of available appropriations” and that the DoD should report this violation as required by law. This aspect of their finding was short and sweet: the administration spent money they shouldn’t have.
Overall conclusion: The Obama administration broke the law. Twice. The real question, of course, will be what happens next. Will the administration report on itself? How will it respond to the General Counsel’s findings?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#78612 Aug 21, 2014
Bill O’Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Deliver What May Be the Most Passionate Evaluation of Ferguson

By Michael Hausam 5 hours ago

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-Medium P4;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\bl ue255;\red0\green0\blue0;}
\deftab720

\itap1\trowd \taflags0 \trgaph108\trleft-108 \trmarl8520 \trmarr8540 \trbrdrt\brdrnil \trbrdrl\brdrnil \trbrdrt\brdrnil \trbrdrr\brdrnil \trpadl360 \trpadr360
\clvertalc \clshdrawnil \clwWidth720\clftsWidth3 \clmart10 \clmarl10 \clmarb10 \clmarr10 \clbrdrt\brdrnil \clbrdrl\brdrnil \clbrdrb\brdrnil \clbrdrr\brdrnil \clpadl0 \clpadr0 \gaph\cellx8640
\pard\intbl\itap1\pardeftab720 \sl400\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs26 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \cell \lastrow\row
}
Bill O’Reilly opened his show last night with a direct and fiery indictment of the mainstream press coverage of the Ferguson shooting and subsequent reactions to the protests and riots.
After summarizing the main points of the situation, with which he is clearly frustrated, O’Reilly concluded with this statement:
“What happened to Michael Brown should never happen to any American. What happened after his death should never happen in this country. But it is happening, and only the truth will overcome the chaos.”
Most Americans, regardless of what side of the aisle they stand on, would agree that what happened and is happening in Ferguson, Missouri, is tragic. But responding with more violence and divisiveness and force does nothing but make the situation worse.
Our legal system exists for a reason; if we don’t let it do its job, how can we expect justice to prevail?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#78613 Aug 21, 2014
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Paranoia is part of her mental illness. It's part of the reason she can't leave this board. In the past 3 weeks, I have sold a house, moved, and in the process of building another one. I don't have Internet bc of that and im using my phone. Which is why I posted on the wrong thread. That's why I haven't been on much and I damn sure don't have the time to change names to post. But I know everyone here knows she's nuts.
I noticed you had not been around much. Also been wondering where PH has disappeared to.
karen just thinks we all think we can not live with out her and her inputs. I am like you I am not going to take the time to change my posting name and my local just to post on Topix. If I have something to say it will be with my true posting name and local.
Jessup

United States

#78614 Aug 21, 2014
(Reuters)- The sophistication, wealth and military might of Islamic State militants represent a major threat to the United States that may surpass that once posed by al Qaeda, U.S. military leaders said on Thursday.

"They are an imminent threat to every interest we have, whether it's in Iraq or anywhere else," Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel told reporters at the Pentagon.

Hagel's assessment of Islamic State, which gained strength during Syria's civil war and swept into northern Iraq earlier this summer, sounded a note of alarm several days after the group posted a video on social media showing one of its fighters beheading an American hostage kidnapped in Syria.

Asked if the hardline Sunni Muslim organization posed a threat to the United States comparable to that of the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, Hagel said it was "as sophisticated and well-funded as any group we have seen."

"They are beyond just a terrorist group. They marry ideology, a sophistication of ... military prowess. They are tremendously well-funded. This is beyond anything we've seen."

==========

ISIL is clearly not JV status terrorist group like President Obama claimed to the American People his decisions allowing this group to function unimpeded in Syria for months then as they grew and became better trained, better equipped, much better financed they invade Iraq and became much stronger and immensely better financed. Equipment left to the Iraqi government was captured and is now being used against Iraqi People.

Allowing ISIS to grow unimpeded for a year before President Obama finally decided to act on a very limited basis has put Iraq is danger of total collapse, put energy supplies which the world depends on in jeopardy all is counter productive to American interest in that region. But it's more than counter-productive it's now a national security issue for the world and especially America.

ISIS now has the ability to reach out and touch any American who travels for work overseas, any American who dares to take a family vacation in a foreign country. The world can lay the blame of our new global reality at the doorstep of the resident who lives on 1600 Pennslyvania Avenue, Washington, D.C.
Dawn

United States

#78616 Aug 21, 2014
Crazy MF insane repig okies---

Who would have ever thunk!!!
Maddy

United States

#78617 Aug 21, 2014
Study: Same Sex Marriage Ban Costing Oklahoma Millions

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 6:18 PM CDT
Updated: Aug 20, 2014 6:18 PM CDT

OKLAHOMA CITY - While the ban on same-sex marriage in Oklahoma has been ruled unconstitutional, marriage ceremonies still cannot be performed. One study by a think-tank on LGBT issues has found that could be costing the state over $20 Million.
The Williams Institute out of UCLA has conducted studies across the nation on the economic impact of same-sex marriages. Now it's conducted one for Oklahoma, and it has the owner of this bridal shop asking, what if?

"Money's not everything, but you need it to survive," said Jane Kelly, Owner of JJ Kelly Bridal.

Kelly has turned the page on the state's ban of same-sex marriage, and it's paid off.

"Often times we'll sell two dresses. We don't do that with one bride," said Kelly.

Still, Kelly can't help but wonder just how much Oklahoma is missing out on by not actually performing same-sex nuptials.

"If you get married in Bora Bora, you're going to use their florists and their caterers," said Kelly.

So at the request of equality group Freedom Oklahoma, The Williams Institute found that over 3,000 same sex couples would marry in state within the first three years of legalization, creating over 200 jobs and generating nearly $20.5 million.

"This isn't just an issue of social justice, that's an important part, but it's also an issue of what's best for the state, what's best for business," said Troy Stevenson with Freedom Oklahoma.

News 9 sent a copy of the study to Governor Fallin's office and in response her office said, "Gay marriage is illegal in Oklahoma because Oklahoma voters chose to make it so through a Constitutional amendment."

"The fact the governor wouldn't even address the ‘bad for business' argument means that she's out of touch with what's going on in this country right now and she's out of touch with Oklahomans," said Stevenson.

For Jane, it's business as usual.

"I think if they want to get married they will get married. Unfortunately they are getting married elsewhere," said Kelly.

The Oklahoma ban on same sex marriage that was ruled unconstitutional, remains in a stay until an appeal is heard at the US Supreme Court.
Bud

United States

#78618 Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma will eventually make it out of the 50's, it's just being delayed by numb skulls.
Donnie

United States

#78619 Aug 21, 2014
Okay .... she keeps using the "It was voted by Oklahomans" .... Okay then why not just for grins and giggles put it on the ballot in plan text not hidden behind some other issue like "common law marriage" like it was last time. Place on the Ballot "SAME SEX MARRIAGE IN OKLAHOMA" vote yes or no!! SIMPLE!!! In truth??? they don't want to do that because then we will see how Oklahoma Truly feels about their Conservative Values. Fools Paradise!!
Marcus

United States

#78620 Aug 21, 2014
Mary Failin is not concerned about Oklahomans or the economy. She is concerned with her own right-wing agenda. Oli and gas causes fracking, which causes earthquakes, she loves that. Gay marriage causes economic growth in the huge wedding industry, she hates that, when she has made a mockery of her own marriages.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
liz ibison (Sep '14) Sep '14 damnn 1
You called the Aliens here. (Nov '08) Jun '14 Carlos Salazar 3
match.com posting... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Kat 1
Eliminating Police Dept Disclaimer (Sep '13) Apr '14 Brandon renshaw 15
People of Beaver (Sep '13) Mar '14 wake up Beaver Ok 7
Beaver safety & crime prevention (Feb '14) Feb '14 LRSavong 1
Help your Nursing Home (Jan '14) Jan '14 concernedcuts 1 3
More from around the web

Beaver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE