OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Packing Heat

Claremore, OK

#62909 Mar 7, 2014
Fry Queen wrote:
<quoted text>Forgot about Iraq already...you know the Iraqi's didn't invite you in....right..
What problems are the Democrats the cause of....I get it...their responsible for working Americans being able to get health insurance with no drops for pre-existing conditions....no life time caps...
Not hemorrhaging jobs like we were under a Bush....the stock market acheiving record highs... the American car companies alive a well.....
All Repubs have to offer are the same old Tickle down Economics.....
Back to the failed health care system......
Nothing new when you get Repubs...just their desire to make this a theocracy...and ban birth control and abortions
Less rights and moving more money from the Middle Class to the all ready wealthy....
And not one jobs program...even to rebuild our failing infrastructure..
To bad you babbling makes no sense...invade the White House....is that your racism showing ...what was a black guy doing in that White House.....sad...really sad.

Wow, still crying, LOL...
Tissue?

Repeat until true
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#62910 Mar 7, 2014
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, still crying, LOL...
Tissue?
Repeat until true
Heat....wacky weed has not been legalized in Okie land yet...Bring some back from your trip to Colorado?
Ace

United States

#62913 Mar 7, 2014
What????Packing Heat was supposed to croak from a bad anxiety attack, but it has reared it ugly, spiteful head again.

Curses on the evil one.
Lisa

United States

#62914 Mar 7, 2014
Christina Fallin defends headdress photo without suckcess

A day after Gov. Mary Fallin’s daughter posted a photograph wearing a Native American headdress the photo has been removed and a letter explaining the photo posted on Facebook.

On Thursday, Christian Fallin posted a photo of herself wearing the elaborate red headdress on her Instagram account and on the Facebook page for her band. The photo was criticized because Fallin is not Native Americqan.

Headdresses were historically worn by Native American war chiefs and warriors who received feathers for good or heroic deeds. They are still worn in modern-day ceremonies.

In a statement to The Associated Press, Christina Fallin, said that with age, she feels a "deeper and deeper connection to the Native American culture."

Fallin also said she wore the red-and-white feathered headdress with the "deepest respect" and asks that people forgive her for wearing beautiful things.

In a letter posted on the band’s Facebook page they wrote:

“As we see the reaction we are getting on Facebook and Instagram to Christina Fallin’s latest picture, it has come to our attention that our state of Oklahoma is very passionate regarding the notion of cultural appropriation. We appreciate that emotion a great deal.

Growing up in Oklahoma, we have come into contact with Native American culture our whole lives—something we are eternally grateful for. With age, we feel a deeper and deeper connection to the Native American culture that has surrounded us. Though it may not have been our own, this aesthetic has affected us emotionally in a very real and very meaningful way. Please forgive us if we innocently adorn ourselves in your beautiful things. We do so with the deepest respect. We hold a sincere reverence for and genuine spiritual connection to the Native American Values.

Lastly, we feel that it would not be honest if we did not admit publicly that a woman in a headdress can be a very beautiful thing. You can keep your distance from something your whole life out of fear that you might taint it or that it might taint you, or you can embrace it and let it affect you. We choose to live our life in the latter category.”-- Christina Fallin and Chrome Pony.
Maddy

United States

#62917 Mar 7, 2014
Feel a deeper connection to native Americans ??? That is good. The wearing of Native American head dress is only for religious ceremonial purposes. In Native American eyes she has committed a sacrilege to ceremonial religious rites. I won't claim that I've seen it all but I don't think I've seen a head dress on a woman. I may be wrong but as I understand the head dress is only for chiefs and warriors not for women. She should have researched that before she did that. Show a little more respect for our Native American brothers and sisters.
Packing Heat

United States

#62920 Mar 7, 2014
GOV. FALLIN REPRESENTS WHITE OKLA. SHE DOESN'T HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR THE 39 PLUS TRIBES THAT ARE IN THIS STATE. SO HOW CAN HER OWN BLOOD CARE WHAT SHE DISPLAYS ON HER HEAD. MOST OF THE NON NATIVE ARE IGNORANT TO WHAT TRIBAL GROUND THEIR VERY OWN HOMES ARE BUILT ON.
Mandy

United States

#62921 Mar 7, 2014
BACTERIA- the only culture Republicans will ever have
Joyce

United States

#62922 Mar 7, 2014
They have "just" reason to complain. Poor thing maybe a beauty, but she lacks on the smarts to get her career off to her own start. Having to offend people to get noticed. Just pitiful. It wont really matter, she is 26, she wont have too many modeling days left in her. I guess, that is why the head dress is her crutch.
Gail

United States

#62923 Mar 7, 2014
I am sure every Indian spirit, that died on the Trail of Tears is crying loud. She might as well as put black shoe polish on and acted to be black. Shameful. Just shameful.
Lisa

United States

#62925 Mar 7, 2014
U.S. Geological Survey confirms: Human activity caused 5.7 quake in Oklahoma
By Scott Kaufman
Friday, March 7, 2014 14:12 EST

The United States Geological Survey (USGS) issued a press release yesterday indicating that the magnitude 5.7 earthquake that struck Prague, Oklahoma in 2011 was unintentionally human-induced.

The USGS claims that the magnitude 5.0 earthquake triggered by waste-water injection the previous day “trigger[ed] a cascade of earthquakes, including a larger one,[which] has important implications for reducing the seismic risk from waste-water injection.”

Injection wells are considered by some to be the most environmentally sound method of disposing of waste-water — which is a byproduct of both hydrofracking and conventional oil production — because they use the earth itself to both filter and contain the pollution.

The decade-long explosion of energy-producing facilities in the central United States has, according to a recent article in the journal Geology, led to an 11-fold increase in the number of earthquakes occurring in areas that are typically tectonically calm, including Arkansas, Texas, Ohio, and Colorado in the past four years alone.

The 5.7 magnitude quake in Prague followed an injection of waste-water approximately 650 feet away from the Wilzetta fault zone, a complex fault system about 124 miles in length. All three earthquakes exhibited a slip-strike motion, and did so at three different locations, indicating that three separate areas of the fault zone were activated.

Researchers believe that the increased pressure required to inject the water into areas previously occupied by oil caused the fault to “jump.” Heather Savage, a geophysicist at Columbia University’s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, said that “when you overpressure the fault, you reduce the stress that’s pinning the fault into place and that’s when earthquakes happen.”

Geoffrey Abers, also a seismologist at Lamont-Doherty, agreed, saying that “[t]here’s something important about getting unexpectedly large earthquakes out of small systems that we have discovered here. The risk of humans inducing large earthquakes from even small injection activities is probably higher.”

Despite this risk, authorities in Oklahoma continue to allow waste-water injection near the Wilzetta fault.
Ace

United States

#62926 Mar 7, 2014
I felt that one, 150 miles away. Knew immediately it had to be caused by either fracking or wastewater injection. Scared the heck out of me, and reliably caused some foundation damage that far away. There's plenty of cracks and damage to houses in the area, but these are all lower and middle class rural people, and no one cares about them.

I don't think anyone is going to do anything until they trigger a 7, and there's damage to rich peoples' houses in Oklahoma City.
Bud

United States

#62927 Mar 7, 2014
The probability that climate change is man made is 99.999999999999999999999999999 999999999999999999999999999999 999999999999999999%.

As to Obama, his lying can't hold a candle to the Bush II regime...
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#62929 Mar 7, 2014
The “Texas Miracle” fraud: Turns out it involves taxing the poor to help the rich get richer

Yes, Texas has seen a lot of growth -- but should conservatives really be bragging about it?

But here’s one important fact that Texas’ conservative and libertarian boosters reliably fail to mention (perhaps because they don’t know it): If you’re not rich, Texas is not actually a low-tax state.

In fact, most Texans pay more taxes than most Californians. That seems strange and incorrect at first — Texas doesn't even have an income tax!— but it’s true.

Thanks to sales and property taxes, Texas is among the states with the ten most regressive tax systems. Texans in the bottom 60 percent of income distribution all pay higher effective tax rates than their Californian counterparts.

Texas’ top one-percent are the ones enjoying the supposed low-tax utopia, paying an effective rate of 3.2 percent. The rate for the lowest 20 percent is 12.6 percent. Kevin Drumhas a helpful chart. http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2014/03...

This is not unusual for a conservative state. As the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy says:“States praised as ‘low tax’ are often high tax states for low and middle income families.”

So… is this part of the conservative policy package that we are supposed to introduce everywhere to spur growth? Slash taxes for the rich and raise taxes on… the poor and middle class? It seems like it might be difficult to campaign on that.

When “growth” is its own self-justifying goal, creating an economy that only delivers for a privileged few doesn’t really seem like a problem.

Still, don’t move to Texas expecting a better life, unless you own a petrochemical refinery.

http://www.salon.com/2014/03/07/texas_miracle...

Since: Sep 09

Fort Gibson, OK

#62930 Mar 7, 2014
Obama won the total votes! The people did not want the Tea Bagger in office!
Why shoot off your foot to save your toe?
Yes Obama can just do what ever he wants! I smell xenophobia!

Now for the... The Tea Party patriot pledge:
"I pledge allegiance to the rich,
of the United States of America,
and screw the republic for which
it stands, one nation under Wall Street, untaxable, with
deregulation and wealth for 1%."
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't be wasting my time voting this or any other year. I managed to vote in every qualified election for the last 30+ years and have yet to see the popular vote accomplish anything. Prime example...look at the piece of trash in the whitehouse today, giving away all of our rights, money and freedoms just because he feels he can. Our govt, legal, justice and enforcement agencies are just a front for his majesty and his minions while they deal the drugs, power and immorality in the back room. I will be jumping on the gimmee bandwagon like many others because I'm tired of working my ass off all my life just to have it all taken away with the swipe of a pen.

Fort Gibson, OK

#62931 Mar 7, 2014
Also it's a risk to our water shed!
Lisa wrote:
U.S. Geological Survey confirms: Human activity caused 5.7 quake in Oklahoma
By Scott Kaufman
Friday, March 7, 2014 14:12 EST
The United States Geological Survey (USGS) issued a press release yesterday indicating that the magnitude 5.7 earthquake that struck Prague, Oklahoma in 2011 was unintentionally human-induced.
The USGS claims that the magnitude 5.0 earthquake triggered by waste-water injection the previous day “trigger[ed] a cascade of earthquakes, including a larger one,[which] has important implications for reducing the seismic risk from waste-water injection.”
Injection wells are considered by some to be the most environmentally sound method of disposing of waste-water — which is a byproduct of both hydrofracking and conventional oil production — because they use the earth itself to both filter and contain the pollution.
The decade-long explosion of energy-producing facilities in the central United States has, according to a recent article in the journal Geology, led to an 11-fold increase in the number of earthquakes occurring in areas that are typically tectonically calm, including Arkansas, Texas, Ohio, and Colorado in the past four years alone.
The 5.7 magnitude quake in Prague followed an injection of waste-water approximately 650 feet away from the Wilzetta fault zone, a complex fault system about 124 miles in length. All three earthquakes exhibited a slip-strike motion, and did so at three different locations, indicating that three separate areas of the fault zone were activated.
Researchers believe that the increased pressure required to inject the water into areas previously occupied by oil caused the fault to “jump.” Heather Savage, a geophysicist at Columbia University’s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, said that “when you overpressure the fault, you reduce the stress that’s pinning the fault into place and that’s when earthquakes happen.”
Geoffrey Abers, also a seismologist at Lamont-Doherty, agreed, saying that “[t]here’s something important about getting unexpectedly large earthquakes out of small systems that we have discovered here. The risk of humans inducing large earthquakes from even small injection activities is probably higher.”
Despite this risk, authorities in Oklahoma continue to allow waste-water injection near the Wilzetta fault.

Fort Gibson, OK

#62932 Mar 7, 2014
Can the poor pay the higher property tax, in Muskogee and small towns like? NO!
The amount of non taxes would be very bad when Oklahoma is going for low taxes. The poor don't pay much taxes the rich will get the best from it.

To the rich: Matthew 22:21
Agnostic wrote:
The “Texas Miracle” fraud: Turns out it involves taxing the poor to help the rich get richer
Yes, Texas has seen a lot of growth -- but should conservatives really be bragging about it?
But here’s one important fact that Texas’ conservative and libertarian boosters reliably fail to mention (perhaps because they don’t know it): If you’re not rich, Texas is not actually a low-tax state.
In fact, most Texans pay more taxes than most Californians. That seems strange and incorrect at first — Texas doesn't even have an income tax!— but it’s true.
Thanks to sales and property taxes, Texas is among the states with the ten most regressive tax systems. Texans in the bottom 60 percent of income distribution all pay higher effective tax rates than their Californian counterparts.
Texas’ top one-percent are the ones enjoying the supposed low-tax utopia, paying an effective rate of 3.2 percent. The rate for the lowest 20 percent is 12.6 percent. Kevin Drumhas a helpful chart. http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2014/03...
This is not unusual for a conservative state. As the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy says:“States praised as ‘low tax’ are often high tax states for low and middle income families.”
So… is this part of the conservative policy package that we are supposed to introduce everywhere to spur growth? Slash taxes for the rich and raise taxes on… the poor and middle class? It seems like it might be difficult to campaign on that.
When “growth” is its own self-justifying goal, creating an economy that only delivers for a privileged few doesn’t really seem like a problem.
Still, don’t move to Texas expecting a better life, unless you own a petrochemical refinery.
http://www.salon.com/2014/03/07/texas_miracle...

Fort Gibson, OK

#62933 Mar 7, 2014
Thank god for Obama care a just law!

The Tenth Amendment, Article 1?
"Pay the debts and provide the common defense &
general welfare of the united states."
Welfare = Health care!

Commerce Clause
"To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes."

It's better than Republican Care!

Heck not liking to be told you have to have health care insurance Like people have rights to be uninsured and make us all pay for it! Republicans take money away from the poor all the time, food stamp cuts safety net cuts etc. The poor has to be told they will have less help. Notice Republicans can dish it out but when it comes back EEEE!

Or hide their money in the country of Belize. It has a low cost of living and low wages to don't expect to sale anything there they can't afford it! In fact they need a union there!

Fort Gibson, OK

#62934 Mar 7, 2014
Those poor misguided Conservatives!
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/12/16/60-ri...

Fort Gibson, OK

#62935 Mar 7, 2014
Thanks to the 99% For pushing the need to regulate the stock market. Look at it now! No rich Conservatards cash cowing it to death, then blaming Obama for it!
Note Blaming Obama for it.. I smell xenophobia!

Fort Gibson, OK

#62936 Mar 7, 2014
What about them low wages in Muskogee? Well a $90 a month food stamp cut, is $90 less for many places in town! Also being a non union state you get what you get a $0.10 raise a year! Work hard make the same pay! Did you all know that most pay here is $7 after taxes. That is like $1 every 9 mins of work! So if they gripe at you for taking a 9 min break them give them a dollar!

Also the view that the poor will shoplift food etc.
Is really not there. It's Conservative Kool-aid!
You can't make it by shoplifting food all year long! DUR!
You cut all your bills! Drop cable drop this and that.
I lowered my internet connection speed to save money as the prices went up and my wages stayed the same!
I lived in a apartment with no power on the weekdays and only had power on in the weekends! Saved me money! If I got payed better I could of had power, but oh well, I will stay home a lot, thats ok I never need those things anyway, they cost too much, my pay is too low to buy those things!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marissa sorter? (Apr '17) Apr '17 pecan 2
News Some Of Tinker Air Force Base Personnel Evacuat... (Apr '17) Apr '17 guardsnowflakes 1
Former First Security Bank President Receives T... (Jul '16) Jul '16 okcnews405 1
People of Beaver (Sep '13) May '16 Some person in be... 8
liz ibison (Sep '14) Sep '14 damnn 1
You called the Aliens here. (Nov '08) Jun '14 Carlos Salazar 3
match.com posting... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Kat 1

Beaver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beaver Mortgages