OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,497 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Maddy

United States

#61390 Feb 15, 2014
PRACTICING FOR MARTIAL LAW TO BE ENFORCED?

http://www.infowars.com/u-s-army-builds-fake-...
Maddy

United States

#61391 Feb 15, 2014
**DAY 29** Davis Single Motherhood Lie Still in Official Bio
==========

Guess lies are the only thing Wendy Davis has to work with....
Maddy

United States

#61392 Feb 15, 2014
by Frances Martel 15 Feb 2014, 8:25 AM PDT 265 post a comment


Pushing through an agenda so progressive it has made fellow Democrats balk is proving a difficult task for Bill de Blasio. The New York City mayor has already experienced significant resistance to his plan to raise taxes on the rich to fund universal pre-kindergarten, and now his minimum wage plan is in jeopardy in Albany.

According to Fox News, de Blasio's proposed plan to increase the minimum wage is getting as negative a reception as the plan to fund universal pre-K. Author Barnini Chakraborty notes that the latter has run into significant problems as New York Governor Andrew Cuomo proposed a state-wide universal pre-K plan that would make de Blasio's tax hike unnecessary--something de Blasio flatly rejected. Fox News notes that Cuomo called the idea of making rich neighborhoods fund themselves separately from the rest of the state "repugnant."

The minimum wage plan might meet a similar fate in Albany. In his State of the City address, de Blasio's minimum wage increase plan featured prominently along the universal pre-K idea and new proposition to give government identification to illegal immigrants, which would allow them to open bank accounts and access other resources in the city. Mayor de Blasio's plan, he explained, would be to urge Albany to allow New York City to raise its own minimum wage without touching the rest of the state. The plan would let de Blasio govern New York as more of a city-state than a mere city. It would necessarily require lawmakers in Albany to give away power to de Blasio, something to which they have already proven resistant. Governor Cuomo put it frankly: "We don't want to cannibalize ourselves."

Mayor de Blasio's tenure, short as it is, already has a defining trait: the push to increasingly distance the city from the rest of the state. He wants to be New York City's Pericles in an era where no American city can be allowed to be its own ancient Athens.(Ancient Athens, for one, had an army.) This is most particularly reflected in how specific de Blasio's demands for the city seem to be next to what lawmakers in Albany seem prepared to yield. Even with a legislature and an executive run by the same party, he appears less interested in achieving things than in the specific method he wants employed to achieve them.

The fact that Cuomo proposed a plan to provide all New Yorkers with a universal pre-K program did not seem to sate de Blasio's thirst for a new tax on the wealthy--a campaign promise he insists on keeping, even though it is much more procedural than substantive and seems to have no political upsides. His other lofty proposals--the illegal immigrant ID cards and the minimum wage hike--are promises no mayor has any business making on the municipal level.

This latest tension with Albany highlights a bad week for the New York City mayor. In his third major snowstorm since taking office, New York City parents railed against city hall's decision to keep schools open, which forced small children to trek through frigid colds and slippery slush-like snow. The New York Post followed up on a narrative about the de Blasio administration first uncovered by Politicker: ideological interests have overridden any desire to logistically achieve things in office. As one anonymous city hall employee comically told Politicker last week, the only direction from above is to "be progressive," prompting the response: "WTF does that mean? What's the fire company going to do to be progressive?
==========

lol
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#61393 Feb 15, 2014
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you missed that post.
Damn Karen if I spent every minute looking at the possibility that they could get Kidney cancer, Heart problems. colon cancer, MS or what ever else that some family member just on my side and my husband side of the family has to offer not counting the DIL's side of the family I guess we should have done like you aborted everyone of them. Obamacare is not going to keep them from getting them. Only research and coming up with a vaccine that can be given to prevent these diseases. Yes I worry about but I hope they are smart enough to do things that will keep all disease at bay . The one thing I preach is colonoscopies to anyone that will pay attention. So Karen there you have it.
Then you should be the first one to want your younger family members to have health insurance available to them if they contracted a disease before they were eligible for Medicare..

But they shouldn't worry...their granny may not be looking after them..but we Dem are!
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#61394 Feb 15, 2014
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
My cousin. And yeah, she's just going to take the fines instead of Obamacare now and I guess not take any of the meds bc she said she has cancelled them? Looked like that's what she was telling me. So now she has nothing.
Then she is the dumbest person that seems just fine risking paralysis...Of course this is a made up story..just like I said before you even posted her so called story..

Cause she is the first one out of the hundreds of stories I have heard about someone who has MS or any auto immune disease that lets Obamacare and an insurance premium stand in the way of obtain care for her MS..

But reality is not available here...nor in any post by DM

I guess being DiM runs in DM's family..
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#61395 Feb 15, 2014
Agnostic wrote:
<quoted text>Then you should be the first one to want your younger family members to have health insurance available to them if they contracted a disease before they were eligible for Medicare..
But they shouldn't worry...their granny may not be looking after them..but we Dem are!
Karen give it a rest. When I see people getting screwed around because of the way Obamacare has been set up then I hope the government can rework this game plan. I really think Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi and who ever else was setting Obamacare did not know what they were doing. They just wanted to make names for themselves. Nothing that has been promised has come to be.
Hopefully my Grandkids will be like their parents responsible Harding adults and youDemocrats have not made everyone dependent on the government for their every needs.

Grow up Karen. People like you around others do not need enemies!
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#61396 Feb 15, 2014
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I hope some happens to turn things around for her. I will keep her and her family in my prayers.
Thank you. I will tell her.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#61397 Feb 15, 2014
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Karen give it a rest. When I see people getting screwed around because of the way Obamacare has been set up then I hope the government can rework this game plan. I really think Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi and who ever else was setting Obamacare did not know what they were doing. They just wanted to make names for themselves. Nothing that has been promised has come to be.
Hopefully my Grandkids will be like their parents responsible Harding adults and youDemocrats have not made everyone dependent on the government for their every needs.
Grow up Karen. People like you around others do not need enemies!
If being grown up mean someone has to be heartless to even their own family members...no thanks..

I guess you like my posts since you love to lift my lines from them...lol

This very argument is why President Obama won a second term after Obamacare became law...

Poor you will just have to be a grown up and accept it.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#61398 Feb 15, 2014
Agnostic wrote:
<quoted text>
If being grown up mean someone has to be heartless to even their own family members...no thanks..
I guess you like my posts since you love to lift my lines from them...lol
This very argument is why President Obama won a second term after Obamacare became law...
Poor you will just have to be a grown up and accept it.
What ever.
From what I can see you are in the minority.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#61399 Feb 15, 2014
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>What ever.
From what I can see you are in the minority.
On this board. yes.

Across the US..you are.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#61400 Feb 15, 2014
How many Conservatives does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Conservatives say the fact that the light bulb went out is grounds to impeach Obama.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#61401 Feb 15, 2014
Agnostic wrote:
<quoted text>
If being grown up mean someone has to be heartless to even their own family members...no thanks..
I guess you like my posts since you love to lift my lines from them...lol
This very argument is why President Obama won a second term after Obamacare became law...
Poor you will just have to be a grown up and accept it.
Lift your lines from you?
Obama got re-elected because many thought their healthcare would be totally free.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#61402 Feb 15, 2014
Yea, some on the low end of the medicare scale will probably get health insurance for free...

On a Bronze plan with high deductibles...

But their probably the same ones that showed up to get their care in emergency rooms...that people with insurance paid for by higher premiums...
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#61403 Feb 15, 2014
United States of Irony

Have you noticed how John McCain is bitching about Obama's unqualified ambassadorial nominees lately?

Why hasn't anyone pointed out that he wanted to make a door stop Vice-Pres of the U.S.?
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#61404 Feb 15, 2014
A Valentine from a wingnut:

My love for you is like Benghazi

I'll never let it go!
Ace

United States

#61405 Feb 15, 2014
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well her premium and deductibles and costs of her meds were definitely going to go up on Obamacare compared to her Tri-Care so i know damn well the Obama cult is lying. And had some actually READ the post, then half of the shit that was said they would know they were wrong.
My deductibles and premiums went up too. It doesn't matter what you tell them. They are in complete denial and absolutely refuse to admit we were all lied to, but most of America knows so it so they don't really matter. Don't forget the medical expense deduction went up from 7,5% to 10% and the cap on the tax free health savings was lowered. So the people who use medical services the most are paying the most out of pocket and taxed more.
Thanks about my cousin. I didn't realize things had gone that far downhill for her. I had suggested the service dog for her a few years ago and was glad to see she got one.
Only the village idiot(s) would try to say different. Too many people have a different testimony than the stories coming out of sasquatch central in OKC, wonderful world of oz in Southlake, TX, and don't forget the nimcompooper sowheadhat from McCloud, TX.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#61406 Feb 15, 2014
Agnostic wrote:
Yea, some on the low end of the medicare scale will probably get health insurance for free...
On a Bronze plan with high deductibles...
But their probably the same ones that showed up to get their care in emergency rooms...that people with insurance paid for by higher premiums...
Are you sure you are talking about Medicare?

The Bronze isn't worth anyone filling out the paper work for. If you are low end income you could not afford the deductibles.

Now have fun try selling Obamacare plans.
Ace

United States

#61407 Feb 15, 2014
Agnostic wrote:
United States of Irony
Have you noticed how John McCain is bitching about Obama's unqualified ambassadorial nominees lately?
Why hasn't anyone pointed out that he wanted to make a door stop Vice-Pres of the U.S.?
She's a hell of lot smarter than you are Mrs. Janbaz so I guess you should keep you asinine opinions to yourself.

Where's Ray still gone?

LMAO
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#61408 Feb 15, 2014
Agnostic wrote:
A Valentine from a wingnut:
My love for you is like Benghazi
I'll never let it go!
SICK!
Ace

United States

#61409 Feb 15, 2014
Obama 2006 quotable quotes.....

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/02...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
liz ibison Sep '14 damnn 1
You called the Aliens here. (Nov '08) Jun '14 Carlos Salazar 3
match.com posting... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Kat 1
Eliminating Police Dept Disclaimer (Sep '13) Apr '14 Brandon renshaw 15
People of Beaver (Sep '13) Mar '14 wake up Beaver Ok 7
Beaver safety & crime prevention (Feb '14) Feb '14 LRSavong 1
Help your Nursing Home (Jan '14) Jan '14 concernedcuts 1 3
Beaver Dating
Find my Match

Beaver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Beaver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beaver

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:02 pm PST

NFL12:02PM
Julius Thomas (ankle) inactive for Denver Broncos
NBC Sports12:56 PM
Broncos without Julius Thomas for Dolphins - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 1:07 PM
Cowboys vs. Giants: What Are Experts Saying About Dallas?
Bleacher Report 1:19 PM
Live: Follow Cowboys Highlights
Bleacher Report 2:08 PM
Talib (Hamstring) Questionable to Return