Bud

Morrilton, AR

#2454 Feb 27, 2014
What is with these legislators??? We just dealt with this in Arizona about businesses being able to discriminate against anyone for any reason. These are not progressives, these are regressive people wanting to take us back to the dark times of this country or worse to the dark ages. Folks, we have got to get these haters of freedom and this country out.
Zane

Morrilton, AR

#2455 Feb 27, 2014
The idea behind the recently proposed business bill was to prevent people from forcing others to go against their religious beliefs or face punishment....nothing wrong with the bill...and it had nothing to do with discriminating for any reason...though...that's what the Libs ran with and that's all a lot of people heard in the media...
Jenks

Morrilton, AR

#2456 Feb 27, 2014
Zane, I live in Arizona, there was no libs thing here. The intent was to prevent gays from receiving services and good from business that hated them. That is the fact and bottom line for the motivation to what happened in AZ. You can believe what you want, but that is the reality we have faced here. That has been in the works for months fostered by hate groups with in the state and the LDS church and their supporters as a backlash to gays getting equal rights to marriage.
Joyce

Morrilton, AR

#2457 Feb 27, 2014
It had nothing to do with "forcing others to go against their religion" but everything to do with blatantly showing disgust towards the LBTG community!religious people are overall the most racist bigoted and close minded people while citing favorite bible quotes disregarding the ones they don't like! the few real religious people I know are also the most sweet and sensitive people who would never ever force their views on any one! it is the part-time when it suits them x=tians who are the big mouths with no substance trying to hide their small minded numbnuts ignorance!just keep giving your money to the likes of fraudsters who are living it up with huge mansions/private planes/cars etc....
tax free!
Jesse

Morrilton, AR

#2458 Feb 27, 2014
I have lousy hearing and it worries the hell out of me that one day a cop is going to shoot me because I either don't hear the command or hear it wrong. I expressed this concern on officer.com and was told that my deafness is my problem and apparently the cops don't even care.
Joyce

Little Rock, AR

#2460 Mar 4, 2014
Vote For Joe

Get rid of the Contemptible Seditious Adulterous Ho who is a bad influence on the Okie teenager.
Packing Heat

Little Rock, AR

#2461 Mar 5, 2014
If you'll vote for Joe, I will jerk your tongue out.

and eat it.
Bud

Maumelle, AR

#2462 Mar 5, 2014
Vote For Joe

Get rid of the Contemptible Seditious Adulterous Ho who is a bad influence on the Okie teenager.

And no one will jerk your tongue out.
Brote

Morrilton, AR

#2465 Mar 7, 2014
:-( What Christina Fallin (26 years of age) did was a religious sacrilege that she committed against native Americans. Even among native Americans their women do not wear a head dress. Men do not even wear one unless it is presented to them in a ceremony recognizing bravery in battle. Like I said if Governor Fallin (faling) can't be a good mother how can we expect her to be the leader of the state of oklahoma. This is not about republicans or democrats this is about NEGLECT. For by which you must be one of those neglectful individuals too. BTW you hit the nail right on the head when you said 'not do anything'.
Joyce

Morrilton, AR

#2466 Mar 7, 2014
You are obviously not Native American. Just self serving like the entire Fallin family. I bet you think its OK for a white man in blackface makeup to march in a civil rights parade and simply say "Oops. Just kidding." It has nothing to do with being Repugthug and everything to do with being insensitive and selfish.
Lizza

Morrilton, AR

#2468 Mar 7, 2014
Daughter of Okla. governor defends headdress photo

Posted: Mar 07, 2014 7:39 AM CST
Updated: Mar 07, 2014 1:31 PM CST
By KRISTI EATON
Associated Press OKLAHOMA CITY (AP)- The daughter of Oklahoma's governor is defending a photo of herself wearing a Native American headdress, though the picture was removed from social media sites after criticism that it was insensitive.
Christina Fallin, whose mother is Gov. Mary Fallin, is not Native American. The photo of her in a red-and-white feathered headdress was posted Thursday on the Facebook page of her band with the words "appropriate culturation." She said Friday she feels a "connection to the Native American culture."

Native Americans consider the headdresses to be sacred items. Retailer Victoria's Secret and the band No Doubt have apologized in recent years for using Native American dress as fashion statements.

Christina Fallin made headlines in 2011 after videos for a magazine showed her strolling around the governor's mansion in avant-garde fashions.

Follow Kristi Eaton on Twitter at http://twitter.com/kristieaton .
Lizza

Morrilton, AR

#2469 Mar 7, 2014
Gov. Fallin's Daughter Defends Headdress Photo

Posted: Mar 07, 2014 11:25 AM CST
Updated: Mar 07, 2014 1:17 PM CST
By News9.com and Wire Reports - email

The 26-year-old posted a photo of herself on her Instagram account and the Facebook page for her band on Thursday evening.

Fallin also posted a letter on her Facebook page.

OKLAHOMA CITY - The daughter of Oklahoma's governor is defending a photo of herself wearing a Native American headdress, though the picture was removed from social media sites after criticism that it was insensitive.
Christina Fallin, whose mother is Gov. Mary Fallin, is not Native American. The photo of her in a red-and-white feathered headdress was posted Thursday on the Facebook page of her band with the words "appropriate culturation." She said Friday she feels a "connection to the Native American culture."

Fallin also posted a letter on her Facebook page, which says in part, "we feel that it would not be honest if we did not admit publicly that a woman in a headdress can be a very beautiful thing. You can keep your distance from something your whole life out of fear that you might taint it, or that it might taint you. Or you can embrace it and let it affect you. We chose to live our lives in the latter category."

Native Americans consider the headdresses to be sacred items. Retailer Victoria's Secret and the band No Doubt have apologized in recent years for using Native American dress as fashion statements.

Christina Fallin made headlines in 2011 after videos for a magazine showed her strolling around the governor's mansion in avant-garde fashions
Marcus

Charlotte, AR

#2474 Mar 8, 2014
Get rid of that fallin.
Joyce

Little Rock, AR

#2479 Mar 11, 2014
REMEMBER:

Vote For Joe

Ace

Newport, AR

#2481 Mar 12, 2014
Joyce wrote:
REMEMBER:
Vote For Joe
Agree.
ravenscroft

Bartlesville, OK

#2483 Mar 14, 2014
Mary Fallin is a vicious c*nt.
Son of Sam

Maumelle, AR

#2486 Mar 18, 2014
C*nt

1) A person so vile as to be without any redeeming feature.

As he smiled and assured the world that he "cared passionately for the people of Iraq" George W Bush revealed himself as the personification of a fu**cking c*nt.
Captain Nickles

Tulsa, OK

#2487 Mar 19, 2014
What?
Bud

Morrilton, AR

#2488 Mar 19, 2014
Son of Sam wrote:
C*nt
1) A person so vile as to be without any redeeming feature.
As he smiled and assured the world that he "cared passionately for the people of Iraq" George W Bush revealed himself as the personification of a fu**cking c*nt.
Is this a reference to the gov of Ok?
Joyce

Greenbrier, AR

#2489 Mar 21, 2014
Vote For Joe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
liz ibison Sep '14 damnn 1
You called the Aliens here. (Nov '08) Jun '14 Carlos Salazar 3
match.com posting... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Kat 1
Eliminating Police Dept Disclaimer (Sep '13) Apr '14 Brandon renshaw 15
People of Beaver (Sep '13) Mar '14 wake up Beaver Ok 7
Beaver safety & crime prevention (Feb '14) Feb '14 LRSavong 1
Help your Nursing Home (Jan '14) Jan '14 concernedcuts 1 3
Beaver Dating
Find my Match

Beaver Jobs