eastern football
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
den

United States

#1 Sep 28, 2012
Does eastern know when they will be fielding a high school team very proud of the school to start football and to welcome them to SOC I
preston

Athens, OH

#2 Dec 30, 2012
den wrote:
Does eastern know when they will be fielding a high school team very proud of the school to start football and to welcome them to SOC I
would be great if Beaver came into the SVC. they would be very competative in ALL sports and not have to compete with schools much larger than theres is.

and in a few years(it does take that long for schools to be able to compete)you would have a cross county rivalry in Piketon(I am from Piketon BTW), and it could be like years ago when we played you guys more than just in the Holiday classic. piketon first played a JV schedule in its first year and then joined the SOC and was just outclassed for many years. after leaving that conference and starting up the SVC, the table was much leveler for them, as I feel it would be for your team.

but however the conference your school joins, good luck in the future
preston

Athens, OH

#3 Jan 2, 2013
here is a great link for all of you Beaver sports fans.

http://svcsportszone.com/blog/

hope that you do consider joining this league even tho it would be an uneven number
The truth

Jackson, OH

#4 Jan 3, 2013
The SVC has much bigger schools they are all D-3 and Eastern will be D-6 the smallest division in the state. I would assume they will stay right where they are in the SOC with Green,East,Notre Dame,Symmes Valley teams there size.
preston

Athens, OH

#5 Jan 4, 2013
The truth wrote:
The SVC has much bigger schools they are all D-3 and Eastern will be D-6 the smallest division in the state. I would assume they will stay right where they are in the SOC with Green,East,Notre Dame,Symmes Valley teams there size.
I wasnt aware of the differences in the size of the schools, thanks for placing that on the forum.anyway, we wish the school great success in their new approach to providing more sports for their young men
preston

Athens, OH

#6 Jan 4, 2013
The truth wrote:
The SVC has much bigger schools they are all D-3 and Eastern will be D-6 the smallest division in the state. I would assume they will stay right where they are in the SOC with Green,East,Notre Dame,Symmes Valley teams there size.
I did do some research and was very surprised.

Piketon has around 1,400 students, while beaver has around 800
wtf

Columbus, OH

#7 Jan 7, 2013
The truth wrote:
The SVC has much bigger schools they are all D-3 and Eastern will be D-6 the smallest division in the state. I would assume they will stay right where they are in the SOC with Green,East,Notre Dame,Symmes Valley teams there size.
um dude, there is so such thing as D6. it goes to D4?
JMJ

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Feb 11, 2013
As interesting as it would be to have a football team at Eastern it just isn't very realistic on their budge.
Faithful

Chillicothe, OH

#9 Feb 11, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>um dude, there is so such thing as D6. it goes to D4?
um dude your wrong there are 6 divisons in football. Ck your resources
ftballmama

Chillicothe, OH

#10 Feb 11, 2013
JMJ wrote:
As interesting as it would be to have a football team at Eastern it just isn't very realistic on their budge.
are you aware of the amount of money we raised just last year? We raised OVER $7,000 at just one fundraiser! We have built quite a budget to work with this year and already have a schedule reaching threw 2015 when we play our first conference game! At that time we will be school funded! Its happening doubters and nay Sayers!!
somebody from beaver

Jackson, OH

#11 Feb 20, 2013
Yes it is happening. I heard somebody talking and they said we would maybe have a freshmen team next year? Again that could just be a rumor. they also are trying to get a 10,000 dollar grant from nbc.
ftballmama

Chillicothe, OH

#12 Feb 21, 2013
somebody from beaver wrote:
Yes it is happening. I heard somebody talking and they said we would maybe have a freshmen team next year? Again that could just be a rumor. they also are trying to get a 10,000 dollar grant from nbc.
Students that are currently a freshman WILL be able to play this coming season! Scoreboards going up soon! Keep going online to vote for our program to win that grant!
Really

United States

#13 Mar 3, 2013
The football program at Eastern is a WONDERFUL thing for the students and community! However, it is the organizer who worries me!! Watch and see, as soon as someone steps on his toes or pushes his boy down, he will get mad and take off. Or he will upset people and be ran off. Just ask the athletic families at Waverly and Piketon!! How do you think he ended up at Eastern?? Ge was ran out of Waverly, no one there wants him back. And Piketon and Jackson refused to hold his kid back in school for sports purposes so he lands here! I pray the program goes well for our kids, but believe they need someone else running the show!!! As fsr as the money goes, who is controlling that money? I heard that there was an agreement for a specific Beaver woman to do the accounting for the program, BUT as soon as money started coming in that HE started spending it. Is there any accountability for the money???? I just keep praying that things work our and the program is a success for the kids, ALL IF THEM, not just the chosen ones... I seen many talented kids standing on the sidelines last season because their parents didn't hop on the I LOVE SCOTT TOMILSON train. That kind of procedure isn't going to work!! Then he takes his feelings into basketball and cuts the kids who didn't play football, even if they were good players!! Only stating the truth, you all can sit back and watch the show. It is going to be a good one. Hope there is no child crushed in the process if Scott attempting to make his boy a super star!!
Scott Tomlison

United States

#14 Mar 5, 2013
If your going to trash me and my family I would at least like to have the opportunity to supply you with a few facts. I only coached 1 season at Waverly and moved to Piketon the following year when we purchased a house there. Graduated from Waverly and still have many friends and family there. I still have a soft spot for Piketon and did not leave Piketon with any hard feelings, loved the school and people their and those that know me know I left because of my love for football and the challenge to do something that could never be done before. I have used up over 200 hours of my own vacation, personal, and comp time and spent plenty of my own money to make sure the football program started out successfully, the money that you are talking about in our Eastern football account I have been behind raising every penny of with a lot of hard work from some great supporters. I tried twice to have a football board and could not get anyone to join because they would rather laugh and talk about how it would never work out. I was able to get a very respectable community member to start taking care of deposits and put her on the bank account. We do not hide how much we make on fundraisers we even post it on our facebook page. I do spend the money on things needed to build a program pretty much as soon a we get it. I will sit down any time with anyone who has a question about our account and go over bank statements with them. As far as the rest of your story goes I have been coaching long enough to know I will never make everyone happy any parent who has a kid standing on the sideline or getting cut will never be happy, but if he wants to get better I will do everything I can for him or her to help them get better. As for my son I tried to talk him out of playing for me and tried to explain the headaches of playing for your own father, posts like this is one of the things I tried to explain to him but he insisted on coming to Eastern and playing for me even though he knows I will be harder on him then the others and he will have to work twice as hard as everyone else because there will always be parents whispering or posting behind his back, I even let him read your post just to further drive home the point. I will not get back on this trash site again to defend myself you are free to trash me over and over. I will continue to donate my time and build this football program and you are right about one thing, sit back and enjoy the show because it is going to be a good one!
Incorrect

Marion, OH

#15 Mar 5, 2013
I saw your son play on the 7th grade basketball team. But it is bullcrap that you had been harder on him! He played more with many many mistakes, while better hard-working players sat on bench. Of course, he wants to play for you because he plays more! You talk the talk well, but I don't see you walking the walk! Now I will say this, I am glad that you have started the football program, but be sure to play the kids, not just your son & his buddies like in basketball!
bigmama

Chillicothe, OH

#16 Mar 5, 2013
Wow really? You come on here to trash Scott but have you ever looked in the mirror or within your own home first? Maybe you should teach your kid to work his ASS off and take responsibility if they slack in practice or turn the ball over 20 times a game...they have EARNED bench time! But wait...you are probably that parent that teaches them how to whine an cry that they aren't someones favorite!! THEY EARN THEIR PLAY TIME!!!! IF YOU PUT IN 90% IN LIFE DON'T EXPECT 100% REWARD...TEACH THEM TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY...QUIT CODDLING YOUR KID...TEACH THEM TO APPRECIATE BETTER PLAYERS BUT REALIZE IT TAKES A TEAM!! Last but not least...Dalton plays his heart out and his Dad is hard on him just as he is the other players but...Dalton is even harder on himself!! If you don't like our coach or program go whine somewhere else!!
preston osborn

Athens, OH

#17 Mar 5, 2013
I am from Piketon, so I have no dog in this fight. I do NOT know coach Tomilson. so If he wishes to bring the sport of Football to your school, it would behoove ALL of you to back his efforts. a football program does give more young men an opportunity to participate in high school sports. not every young man in high school is 6'3 and/or able to shoot the lights out of a basketball. even at 5'6 or 7 and 140lbs, they can play the game of football and play it well. some of Piketons good players hardly weighed more than that. I remember Fred Foster(not picking on you fred) who played great defense and probably didnt weigh much more than that. bobby devers was another young man in that weight category who never played basketall yet came out and played the game of football with much gusto. Earl wilson never weighed that much(less than 200) and made All State twice. first as a running back, his senior year on defense and then went on to play for the univ. of Cincy.

saying all of that, GIVE HIM A CHANCE, and in a few years, Beaver will rock with cheers for their home team,as they now do with their basketball teams.players with more desire will oftimes beat those of more atheletic ability
Incorrect

Marion, OH

#18 Mar 5, 2013
Ooo you poor thing got all upset because you have to defend your little boy, o how big of you----sarcasm! My kids both my sons & daughter work very hard & excel in many aspects of life, in & out of school, but the court even though they never miss a practice plays hard & does everything requested of them, the coach doesn't play all boys. The girls teams aren't as bad. But boys, however, many sit on bench when starters make numerous mistakes & obvisiously need to set out, but coaches has too big of heads & keep playing the same kids & we lose. Happened at Convo, wonder why we lost there coach? But I have seen it in the jr high with those coaches, & yes seen dalton even move up a couple games for 8th grade, ummm...they are a great team, really you needed that 7th grader, the coach's son---they won tournament without him, Amazing! But 7th lost---hmmmm....addi it up there mom! But I did notice that stopped after the complaints. I'm not saying that your son is horrible, but it brought up by ur hubby! All kids, both boys & girls should play. All come to practice & work hard, but starters get by with stuff like missing practice being suspended, talking back & even cussing out the coaches! But a non-starter oh my punishment & off team. What happened to equality? I love eastern & I'm staying but momma if you cant handle it, well don't let the door hit you on the way out!
bigmama

Chillicothe, OH

#19 Mar 6, 2013
Whine much? The 7th grade lost because of TURNOVERS!! They lack a kid who can move the ball without throwing it away!!! They are in 7th grade for gosh sakes...let me remind you that during the summer a team of combined 7/8 graders went down and dominated Portsmouth's tournament!! Just keep whining and giving your kid excuses not to give 100% and teaching them everyone is wrong except you and watch how they turn out!. Whiners! Have you seen the way the starters get yelled at? The way they get pushed? You would probably whine if your kid was a starter....Wahh..stop talking like that to my kid! Maybe you are just miserable in your own life and look for someone else to point fingers at!! Go coach Tomlison and keep up the good work!! Dalton...you keep playing hard and scoring MOST OF THE POINTS ON SEVENTH GRADE! Good for him that he got some experience with more experienced 8th grade players...only makes you better and will help you out!! Now get over it people! Find something else to pout about...nobody here cares!!
Incorrect

Marion, OH

#20 Mar 6, 2013
Ok you say I'm whining well I'm actually aggravated & frustrated with the whole situation! Kids can get by with some things, & others can't! It all depends who they are & if a starter. My kids work hard at everything & in fact give more than they should, but it doesn't matter to some, ie coaches. My children have been recognized in many aspects except basketball, I know they can't be great at everything, but some kids don't get the chance in some sports when coaches only want to play the same 6 boys. But that's ok, my children, all of them, will be greater than they are now & well the star basketball players, well they can live their dreams that will die (basketball careers) before they start". I'm happy to be their mother & proud even if they don't start on the basketball team-- they all are wonderful & very intelligent kids. They can do anything, just not play much basketball, but not because of anything they do or don't do for the coach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Your theory on Piketon murders of 8 (May '16) 34 min Guest 88_1 176,926
What happened to Emily Kuhn? 1 hr Burgoon 7
Buckeye Daily Deals Used Cars (Aug '16) 1 hr Fran 58
Council candidates 2 hr wendy 49
Cally sub gilliland 2 hr Truth 3
derik zinn (Jan '12) 2 hr Confused 6
kim meadows (Mar '14) 2 hr Concerned Parent 32

Beaver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beaver Mortgages