Ex-House Democratic whip faces corruption charges

A former state legislator, already under criminal indictment, now faces charges of siphoning millions of dollars in state grants from a nonprofit organization he founded. Full Story
Tom

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Mar 26, 2009
Sounds like another Fumo. It is amazing how they use non-profits for their own benefit. Feds should be in on the IRS issues also. It's about time there was some oversight on these corrupt Democrats since Fumo was able to steal millions without any checks and balances on the state level. I remember Fumo, LaGrotta and Veon leading the charge against tort reform for the trial lawyers. Thanks to these disgraced politicians thousands of doctors have left the state and trauma centers remain closed and expectant mothers have lost maternity services in over 40 hospitals in PA. Rendell has not helped matters either.
ENUFF

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Mar 26, 2009
It's amazing how many corrupt politicians are voted in and remain in office in this state and country. When the revolution comes, they all need to be euthanized.
Observer

Houston, TX

#3 Mar 26, 2009
Veon, Fumo,...

Next (I Hope):

DeWeese, Rendell, Perzel, Argall ...

cesare

Hummelstown, PA

#4 Mar 26, 2009
Public Hangings
snowman allentown PA

Sellersville, PA

#5 Mar 26, 2009
We still have murtha and argyll(who voted for the pay raise) is now a senator. Then you people wonder why we have such pisspoor commonwealth government. Look in the mirror, it is YOUR FAULT.
Tom

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Mar 26, 2009
"Veon, the grand jury found, told BIG aides (his non-profit) in 2003 to expect major grants because Gov. Rendell, a Democrat, just took office..The grants to the non-profit skyrocketed to $9.9 million from 2003 to 2006". Only 23% went for program expenses, 77% went for salary, consultants and admin costs. Hey, Eddie that's our tax dollars you gave away and what did you get in return? Was DeWease involved in this misuse of a non-profit also? This is a Fumo-like case to say the least. Thank goodness, Corbett is looking into this.
comment

Korea

#7 Mar 26, 2009
The dominoes shall fall. DeWeese, DeMellow, Eachus... Rendell. Please keep watch, they are methodically taking information from each conviction and each defendant to then utilize that to go after the next one.

Pennsylvania is now hands off. There is not one person in Democratic Party leadership you want to have any affiliation with. There will also be some Republicans who go down also.

This is the best thing to ever happen to Pennsylvania.
jones

AOL

#8 Mar 26, 2009
This is Veon's second arrest . The first was bonus gate in July.

Get this comment and everyone on here.

Veon created this Beaver Initiative for Growth and in two years it raised four million which all went for salaries? The amount is a little bit coflicting but the bigger picture is in Corbett's hands.
jones

AOL

#9 Mar 27, 2009
Beaver Initiative Growth ? What a joke , this whole mess was more about beaver's and growing Veon's growth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaver Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where are my sugar daddys at Sep 24 sugarboy 1
Rico Sanchez (May '10) Aug '14 Manga Figa 12
Looking for any McMillen's (May '13) Jul '14 Richard McMillen 2
Salvation Army giving slower this year (Dec '13) Jul '14 CaCat 24
Review: Big Beaver Kennels Jul '14 Heh heh 2
Review: In The Berry Patch Gift Shop Jul '14 Webstore 1
Pa. woman, 29, drowns swimming in river Jul '14 betty 1
Beaver Falls Dating
Find my Match

Beaver Falls Jobs