Student Says Teacher Ridiculed Him Over Broncos Jersey

Full story: KNTV San Jose 6
A Pennsylvania high school student said his teacher humiliated him in class for wearing a Denver Broncos jersey, reported KMGH-TV in Denver. Full Story
Steve R

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jan 29, 2006
I graduated from New Brighton High School. For those of you that dont know, New Brighton is the neighboring town to Beaver Falls. ANYWAY, I attended Diversity Day Programs at Beaver Falls High School which Mr. Kelly was in charge of. He is an awesome Guy and Teacher!!! The class this incident happened in is an Ethnicity Class. ALL STUDENTS that enter the class aree WELL AWARE of what goes on in the class. Plus it's an elective, so not everyone HAS to take the class. As much as I LOVE NBHS and all the teachers there, I wish I could have taken Mr. Kelly and his Ethnicity Relations Class. Im sure if the student in question got up and told Mr. Kelly how severly it was bothering him... it would have stopped then and there!

GOOD JOB MR. KELLY, DONT CHANGE A THING WITH YOUR CLASS

~Steve R
Danielle P

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Feb 2, 2006
I think that Joshua Vannoy needs to stop wining about what happened to him. When he put that jersey on Friday morning he expected attention, but didn't like what he got. If he really is such a big boy like his mom says then he needs to shut up and accept what happened...
stacy

Mckees Rocks, PA

#4 Jun 7, 2007
i went to nb schools 2nd,3rd and 9th thrid i was kidnapped from the school it was seen by the schools employees i told them was not allowed to leave with him because he tried to kill my mother they made me go with him strait after he was released from jail and i was was found near dead a year later for a year i was locked in a room and beat everyday the school distric is no good i was kicked out of the 9th grade in `99 a short time after i enrolled agin i was a 14yo with a good gpa i did nothing wrong i ask for a reason when they told me (NOT MY MOTHER ME!!!!!) not to return back to school i no longer had a right to an education they said they just could i had to go through near 3 years of hell i had to sue just so i could graduate when i went to court they offered no reason to the court for what they had done and put the blame and me because i didnt stop them from doing it quicker the school said in court to my face i wasnt a good person and i prob had kids and lived off welfare (trueth is i have no kids and i worked a job and did tutoring at home) the judge ruled in my favor so i had to do 3 grades in 1 school year i finished school in 03 and walked with my classs and went to college nb kicked me out for no reason and hurt my life alot this is the worst school in the world dont let bad people bring good people down
JVP

East Palestine, OH

#5 Jul 26, 2007
Is this still going on? I went to Beaver Falls and Mr. Kelly was my homeroom teacher his first year teaching at the school. This Vannoy kid sounds like he is an attention seeker, why would you wear that shirt to school anyway when everyone is a Steeler fan.
terrika

Beaver Falls, PA

#6 Feb 28, 2010
mr kelly is the best!! c/o 2006
Jim

Ellwood City, PA

#7 May 15, 2010
It's a shame that somebody that by all accounts is a great teacher, gets his name dragged through the mud nationally and sued by someone who appears to be looking for not only attention but also money. I guess that's what the world has unfortunately become.

Does anyone know if this has been resolved and if so what the outcome was?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaver Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where are my sugar daddys at Sep 24 sugarboy 1
Rico Sanchez (May '10) Aug '14 Manga Figa 12
Looking for any McMillen's (May '13) Jul '14 Richard McMillen 2
Salvation Army giving slower this year (Dec '13) Jul '14 CaCat 24
Review: Big Beaver Kennels Jul '14 Heh heh 2
Review: In The Berry Patch Gift Shop Jul '14 Webstore 1
Pa. woman, 29, drowns swimming in river Jul '14 betty 1
Beaver Falls Dating
Find my Match

Beaver Falls Jobs