Beaver Dam Municipal Tickets

Beaver Dam Municipal Tickets

Posted in the Beaver Dam Forum

Sandi

Beaver Dam, WI

#1 Feb 6, 2010
How many of us are aware that if you don't pay a ticket in the city of Beaver Dam, a warrent will be issued for your arrest. And, you'll be sent over to the Dodge County Detention Facility?

Recently there was a list in the Daily Miss-Print of unpaid tickets. One individual was arrested on the warrant. Another caught wind of this and called the Beaver Dam Municipal Court. Dawn, who answered the phone wasn't very friendly, at all. She said all the mail sent to this person was returned to her (Dawn). The correct mailing address was on the ticket!!!! Now, how dumb can one get?

It costs the County about $56.00 per day to house one inmate. The tax payers currently have to come up with $3.20 of that. Here's the question; why would any city send someone to a county jail and then in turn pay the county jail $56.00 a day for that individual? Dawn told me that the city does pay the county for this. I understand that the individual arrested on the warrant can either pay the ticket(s) or serve the time. I don't know how that's figured. But say you have a $100.00 ticket does that mean you can serve 2 days, get out, not owe anything and the city has to pay the county for your housing?

Wouldn't it be easier to locate current/correct addresses, especially when they're right in front of you! Mail off these tickets. Reach a payment agreement if need be and deal with this all at the city level alone?
Brian

Milwaukee, WI

#2 Feb 14, 2010
That's a great idea Sandi! Unfortunately it makes sense so the city would never do that. Why would they start to do things that make sense? That would be totally out of character for BD! The downtown fiasco should be proof of that! Maybe if they would have cleared a channel through the Tower parking lot, and built a floodwall FIRST, they might not have had to tear down 10 buildings! But, that's a whole other can of worms...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaver Dam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Super Suds Car Wash Jul 23 Scott Bell 1
News DNR warden saves skunk stuck in McFlurry cup Jul 20 private guy 1
Debate: Marijuana - Beaver Dam, WI (Aug '10) Jun '15 NaTosha 6
News Fox Lake citizens allege police mismanagement (Apr '07) Jun '15 brando 12
News Wisconsin city bars use of kangaroos as service... Jun '15 DILF 7
Review: Cj's Bar Jun '15 Warren luitink 1
Review: Dietz's Unlimited Improvement LLC May '15 chad 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beaver Dam Mortgages