Deputy Jacob Phelps & the new Sheriff

Deputy Jacob Phelps & the new Sheriff

Posted in the Beaver Dam Forum

Tax Paying Citizen

United States

#1 Feb 24, 2011
Deputy Jacob Phelps volunteered for 5 years and worked as an employee for another 5 years for the Ohio County Sheriffs Office. The new sheriff comes in and fires him over something petty! All of you that were talking about how great the new sheriff is... ARE YOU SEEING WHAT IS HAPPENING!! This young man has given the county 10yrs of service to have a guy from owensboro come in and let him go?!?
Your kidding

United States

#2 Feb 24, 2011
What happened exactly?
LMFAOlmfaoLMFAO

Owensboro, KY

#4 Feb 24, 2011
You ignorant piece sh*t. Jacob got his job by sucking Elvis' D*ck. If he was fired for no reason then there would be a law suit. DAVID THOMPSON fired him because HE TAZED A HANDCUFFED WOMEN, which ISNT petty.
Seriously

Pflugerville, TX

#5 Feb 24, 2011
LMFAOlmfaoLMFAO wrote:
You ignorant piece sh*t. Jacob got his job by sucking Elvis' D*ck. If he was fired for no reason then there would be a law suit. DAVID THOMPSON fired him because HE TAZED A HANDCUFFED WOMEN, which ISNT petty.
I didn't ask to be called names! Only what happened. You seem to be offended wasbthat the job you were wanting? You're pathetic!
LMFAOlmfaoLMFAO

White Plains, KY

#6 Feb 24, 2011
Well obviously I was talking to the person that started this topic "Tax Paying Citizen", Not you!
The Truth

Paducah, KY

#7 Feb 25, 2011
David Thompson pretty much had his hands tied. Jacob tazed a handcuffed woman and he didn't have the rights to use a tazer. The shieff asked Jacob to sign a paper saying he did wrong. Jacob refused because he said the woman was out of control, the shieff said yeah but you know you're not supposed to carry a tazer and she was handcuffed and that's obsessive force. When Jacob didn't sign it he got fired.

It's actually kind of sad, Jacob would have been a really good deputy is given the time to get the experience under his belt. Hopefully he tries to get on at like beaver dam or Hartford.
Tax Paying Citizen

United States

#8 Feb 25, 2011
You lower yourself to call me an "ignorant piece of sh*t " wow.. Thank you for proving your ignorance, hopefully everyone will skip over your 2nd grade comment.

~Anyway, Jacob tazed the woman because she was out of control. Other official witnesses agreed he was doing the right thing. By signing the paper, Jacob was setting himself up for a law suit! Basically, the sheriff wanted him to sign it to get the pressure off of the sheriff and his department!
LMFAOlmfaoLMFAO

White Plains, KY

#9 Feb 25, 2011
You are really ridiculous, you know that? Exactly how out of control can a handcuffed women be? You may not think that what Sheriff David Thompson did was correct, But it was.
Hmmmm

Madisonville, KY

#10 Feb 25, 2011
LMFAOlmfaoLMFAO wrote:
You are really ridiculous, you know that? Exactly how out of control can a handcuffed women be? You may not think that what Sheriff David Thompson did was correct, But it was.
You must be the husband,
She was probably fried out of her mind, and showing herself, the usual "skank on meth", kicking, spitting and screaming. Jacob is a great person, he would of never did something like this if he did not feel threated,
Sorry your wife was arrested and ta-zed maybe next time she will not take the fall for you, Hopefully busting you meth heads one at at time will clean this county up. Now LYAO at that, coward
Fan of whats right

White Plains, KY

#11 Feb 25, 2011
The new sheriff is allready cleaning this place up and its pissing people off!!I say thumbs up to the new sheriff. now low lifes havent got Elvis an his flunkys to do their dirty work. everybody on a level playing ground to bad for the better than thow people that done crooked shit an got away with it because of their relationship with Elivs!! I say great job Sheriff get rid of every one of the crooked cops in this county!!So if your breaking the law you might wanna watch your back no matter how much your worth!!He dont seem to be showing favoritism!!
Tax Paying Citizen

United States

#12 Feb 25, 2011
That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard in my life! Jacob Phelps and "crooked cops" are two things that should never be in the same sentence. Yes, I agree there are crooked cops and yes, Sheriff Doolin did have some "questionable" people working for him but Jacob Phelps was NOT of them! If you are a local citizen, and you have just a little more sense than your average meth user... You'd already know this!
Fan of whats right

White Plains, KY

#13 Feb 25, 2011
Sorry dont do monkey dope so never had to deal with them an apparently its on your mind alot you keep bringing it up. that usually happens to addicts. and I really dont give a damn if he shit cans every one of them!! dont be doing shit where you have to worry bout having a cop to get you out of it!! your tax dollars at work!!
Tax Paying Citizen wrote:
That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard in my life! Jacob Phelps and "crooked cops" are two things that should never be in the same sentence. Yes, I agree there are crooked cops and yes, Sheriff Doolin did have some "questionable" people working for him but Jacob Phelps was NOT of them! If you are a local citizen, and you have just a little more sense than your average meth user... You'd already know this!
LMFAOlmfaoLMFAO

White Plains, KY

#14 Feb 25, 2011
If Elvis was still in office we wouldn't have heard a word about what Jacob did and it would have been like it never happened.
Just like when Tracey tazed that guy that was handcuffed and already in the cop car.
AND
Just like when Andy Doolin(Elvis' brother) was DRUNK And HIGH off his ass on pills wrecked into the bridge on Sunnydale Road.
So all Elvis did was cover things up or act like they didn't happen. David Thompson is cleaning this shit hole up. So Jacob is gone because he acted wrongly against a handcuffed women it doesn't matter if she was a crack head or the daughter of Christ, police officers are supposed to act like they have a little respect for themselves and others and not do things like that.
sad sad

White Plains, KY

#15 Feb 26, 2011
no matter what that woman did, he's an officer of the law and has to treat everyone with respect.
Tax Paying Citizen

United States

#16 Feb 26, 2011
Your facts are off and if this place is such a "shit hole" why don't you move?!?! I don't understand people like you! Always complaining about how horrible Ohio County is but you won't pack your stuff and move!
whos to blame

United States

#18 Apr 4, 2011
if deputy phelps did use a tazer that he wasnt trained to use, then it seems to me that the fault should be directed at the sheriff. after all, who gave him the tazer to use, and who monitors the sheriffs records to see if his officers are trained to use the equiipment he gives them to use? Hhmmm??
old friend

Hawesville, KY

#19 Apr 5, 2011
whos to blame wrote:
if deputy phelps did use a tazer that he wasnt trained to use, then it seems to me that the fault should be directed at the sheriff. after all, who gave him the tazer to use, and who monitors the sheriffs records to see if his officers are trained to use the equiipment he gives them to use? Hhmmm??
I agree with you and Taxpaying Citizen yes the Sheriff should be responsible for his deputiesand there equipment to see that they are trained properly on how and when they need to use it.Should Deputy Phelps have been fired? I don't think so, maybe been written up or maybe suspended for a short time maybe.And as far as Ohio County being a " sh*thole" if you folks don't like it or think it is that why don't you leave? I don't think to many people would miss you.
out of control women

United States

#20 Apr 12, 2011
in response to some peoples stupidity, i just want you to know tbat when oon drus or alcohol or both, a woman can become very unruley.. is that what some of these remarks about? im sorry some chick kicked your sorry butt--(not)......or are you just onne of those guys that is so use to knockin around on woman, that you really dont have a problem with deputy phelps, your really just sorry that YOU didnt get to knock her around! sounds like a case of shortman syndrome to me!
Madintheoc

Jeffersonville, IN

#21 Apr 21, 2011
Jacob Phelps is a great guy with a good heart. He would have never tazed anyone who he didnt think was out of his control or being completly unruley he should have never been forced to sign a paper saying he was wrong and lose his job...or not sign it and still lose his job. Ive seen cops do way worse than taze a crazy person...So why did such a good man with such passion for a job get screwed out of a career he earned and VERY MUCH deserved.
jus sayn

Madisonville, KY

#22 Apr 24, 2011
just sayin..i thought he was cute =) lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaver Dam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
help lookin 3 hr Intheknow09 7
Pizza Hut 7 hr Intheknow09 10
3sum (Jul '15) 11 hr Rd2f 25
Tolerance at the high school 13 hr Joe 3
India winstead 21 hr billy bob 11
Christmas parade Tue Miss Betty 7
jennifer peacock barr (Jun '14) Tue Rd2f 30

Beaver Dam Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance