Hey TOPIX Trash Talkers! NEWFLASH!

Posted in the Beaver Dam Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Caitlin Beard

Owensboro, KY

#1 Nov 18, 2011
How about instead of getting on here and TRASHING everyone, you stop and think about the words that are leaving you?!

Ohio co and the surrounding area has lost 6 people in the last three weeks.
Some (if not all, not 100% sure because I only know two of the 6) were suicides.

What the freaking ayy is so important to you to get on here and talk CRAP about people and put them down?! Whoever said 'words cant hurt me' was sadly mistaken.
Words cut deeper than anyone may ever know!

We are all guilty of saying something hateful at some point or another but, constantly getting on here making it a daily habit to inflate yourself by trashing someone and calling them names? Posting things on here that shouldn't be made public, that shouldn't even matter.

What happen to kindness and showing people love and caring and understanding?
A teenager felt there was no way out, felt it was such a dark place that he didn't have another option. A life so young, yet so torn?

A man felt the same way as this teen boy, a man who wasn't even in his 40s.
Something is deadly wrong with this picture.
There have been others in the area as well (other counties i believe)

It's not a matter of Christianity or not.
it's not who or what you believe in anymore, it's how you act.
(Yes i am Christian but I am simply stating that religion has nothing to do with if you're nice or not)

Man up and show some freaking respect because words can leave scars on people you may never see!

Get the heck off topix with your fake arse screen names and GROW UP.
This goes for KIDS
and more importantly the ADULTS who should be setting an EXAMPLE to their kids and teens.

GET OFF THE SITE with your bad words and attitudes before we lose another young member of this society!

(and i know there was threads posted about Brandon and Jake and thank GOD they were deleted! I cant believe some people :/)
Caitlin Beard

Owensboro, KY

#2 Nov 18, 2011
(Oh and for the record, I am not just saying it's Topix alone and the people on the site that are causing the issues. It's people and their negative bad attitudes and bullying and other things that are causing the hurt feelings but we could all START fixing the issue here and STOP with the slandering!)
Amanda McCue

United States

#3 Nov 18, 2011
I agree, Caitlin. it's heart breaking that they had to go through all that and feel there was no way out.
there's kids all over the United States killing themselves over bullying. there's another site kind of like Topix where this 14 year old boy was bullied for being gay, so bad, that he killed himself. no one deserves that much torment.
Caitlin Beard

Owensboro, KY

#4 Nov 18, 2011
No, they don't.
It's been around for a long time, the issues like this
But I guess we have all taken it for granted that in our little town, we haven't really seen these issues.
I think the last few years we have lost enough people due to wrecks and other accidents, we really don't need to be losing more because of this.

I know that I never really thought it would hit home like this.... I don't think anyone ever really does.
It's bull!!

Megan Henderson

Madisonville, KY

#5 Nov 18, 2011
Why is calling someone names? Making fun of them..bringing them down..to where they dont even want to live anymore..so amusing to you?? Is death amusing to you? Being a murderer amusing to you!? Enough is enough words hurt, an they can ruin a person..what you think is funny..is heartbreaking to someone else! Next time you see someone just a little different then you instead of making fun an pushing them around..how about you help that person? Who knows they could become your bestfriend! All these teens an people taking thier lifes..they could have chnaged the world! Made it a better place..but because of bullys an people who just flat out dont care for someone elses feelings..the world will never know! Topix.com needs to be removed from the internet an there should never be another site made like it ever again! Banning topix.com is just the first step..We all need to take a stand an help ban this problem!
Caitlin Beard

Owensboro, KY

#7 Nov 18, 2011
I never said it was started on here.
The fact that we have lost people in our community is sad.
The fact that people get on here with nothing more then hateful words and comments, is sad.
The fact that all this could have possibly been avoided if someone would have helped instead of been mean, is beyond tragic.

By trying not to be rude people and being nice for starters could help.
This goes not only for this site (but it seems to be worse on here...) but it also goes for what people say on Facebook and in person, or behind backs or whatever, in school, in public just in general.

Thank you 'funny' for proving my point about the false screen names and negative attitudes and name calling!:D It's people like you I am talking about.
Joanna

Madisonville, KY

#8 Nov 18, 2011
The internet is full of anonymity and as long as there are sites that allow us to communicate anonymously, this garbage will continue. I think the best and biggest change anyone could make on the internet is to just make EVERYONE who comments or whatever, HAVE to make their identity known.
=(
funny

Clifty, KY

#9 Nov 18, 2011
for starters, if you left topixs it would be one less person starting stuff
Megan Henderson

Madisonville, KY

#10 Nov 18, 2011
I agree with you Cailtin..Its said that some people just dont seem to care..lifes are being taken at far to young of ages..Whether or not it was started on Topix.com or on Facebook or twitter..it does not matter, the nonsense has got to stop!!
funny

Clifty, KY

#11 Nov 18, 2011
i aint started nothing, but them names up thier is throwed all over this site, them bashing and people bashing them, i think they like that and sit and wait behind that computer waiting for it to happen,
Just saying

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Nov 18, 2011
The website isn't the problem, the people on the website are the problem. But I agree with Caitlin completely.
Oh my goodness

United States

#13 Nov 18, 2011
Have any of you ever said anything mean to anyone? Hmm? Has someone ever made you mad and you called them a name in return? I'm assuming that like every other human creature on the planet, that the answer is yes. What if one day, someone came to you and said, "Listen, remember that day that you said blah blah to so and so? Well they just killed themselves and they left a note saying that you were one of the people that was mean to them." Congratulations. I'd be careful if I were you, Megan, about calling people murderers when the fact is, none of this has anything to do with bullying. You never know how that might make them feel. You are only showing that you have no idea what you are talking about and you are struggling to get attention and be praised for your efforts against the evil bullies that "murdered" these people. Whatever. You are on here bashing people that you don't even know. Please, if you want to stop the baashing, start with yourself. And grow up.
Caitlin Beard

United States

#14 Nov 18, 2011
I personally said myself we are all guilty of saying something to someone at some point.
I by no means am making myself out to be anything other than a caring person.
Have you not seen the distasteful hateful slander on here? On Facebook? Heard it in public? Schools stores restaurants etc?

What I'm simply stating is to chose your words more wisely. Think before you speak because words can.impact others on levels you'll never know.

Anyone who has a problem with my statements
Oh well
I reckon you don't have to read it or respond to it now do ya?
Enough

Washington, DC

#15 Nov 18, 2011
Past doesn't matter. It's called having a change of heart. Change has to start somewhere with someone, just bc we've all done it, doesn't make it right. Whats so wrong about wanting to be nice and help out your fellow man? Stay strong girls and take pride in your opinions!
Megan Henderson

Owensboro, KY

#16 Nov 18, 2011
I will be the first to say that i have said mean things to people, because they had said mean things to me in the first place..do i regret it? YES, do i want to do it ever again..NO! Its like what ENOUGH said..a change of heart!! Its time some people take a stand.
Enough

Washington, DC

#17 Nov 18, 2011
Calling someone a jerk...etc. is totally different from publicly ambushing a person with lies and and making a group effort to humiliate that person behind a false name. There's a difference between defending yourself and bullying. This site is bullying, and as in true form, bullies are cowards. It is its own admission of wrong doing when a person can't put their own name beside their own post. If it was ok, no one would feel the need for hiding behind a screen name.
Caitlin Beard

Owensboro, KY

#18 Nov 18, 2011
Whoever you are Enough, thank you for saying it!
Exactly!
"There's a difference between defending yourself and bullying. This site is bullying, and as in true form, bullies are cowards. It is its own admission of wrong doing when a person can't put their own name beside their own post. If it was ok, no one would feel the need for hiding behind a screen name. "
Caitlin Beard

Owensboro, KY

#20 Nov 18, 2011
Oh yes! Of course...
That is the only way I like it. wooohoooo -rolls eyes-
This is why I am 32 weeks pregnant because we all know the only way to be with child is to 'take it in the butt'....

Anything else dumb you would like to say and make yourself look even more mature?

Thank you. Have a wonderful day ;)
good luck charlie

Clifty, KY

#21 Nov 18, 2011
Megan Henderson wrote:
I agree with you Cailtin..Its said that some people just dont seem to care..lifes are being taken at far to young of ages..Whether or not it was started on Topix.com or on Facebook or twitter..it does not matter, the nonsense has got to stop!!
good luck trying to stop it, most people that do that does it secretly, and its too late when you find them, they might say everything is ok too you, then do something ten min later,,
WOW

United States

#22 Nov 18, 2011
AMANDA MCCUE... You have posted stuff on here about people so you have no room to get on here and try to stop bullying. You posted about a girl named Casey and said that she has nothing better to do than lay on her back.... Its on the topic "who at mcdonalds has stds". So u need to fix ur bullying problems before u talk about how awful it is! HYPOCRITE! U have 2 kids at 20 years old, so wouldnt that mean that u have nothing else better to do than lay on ur back??!! Yeah it doesnt feel good does it???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaver Dam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
basketball star transfers to Apollo today 3 hr allinthedna 7
is selling his pain pills why dont the law get him (Sep '11) 4 hr Robby 17
Closet bisexual men 11 hr Dave 15
travis w 11 hr wordFromThousandO... 12
basketball coach brings DC boy to school everyday 21 hr hope OC loses eve... 17
michael Vanderver Fri kissthis 17
Girls on morning shift Mcdonalds.. Thu truth 2
Beaver Dam Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web