ohio county fair pageants

ohio county fair pageants

Posted in the Beaver Dam Forum

just wondering

White Plains, KY

#1 Sep 23, 2011
Anyone know any of the results of the pageants so far? How did everyone do?
kelsey

Union Star, KY

#2 Sep 24, 2011
just wondering wrote:
Anyone know any of the results of the pageants so far? How did everyone do?
Ashlynn camp & Noah phelps -lil miss & mister
Katie raymond- Miss pre teen
Mary Fields- mrs
Kelsey leisure- miss teen

The miss Ohio county is tonight at 7
correction

White Plains, KY

#3 Sep 24, 2011
mrs is mary frizell
question

Madisonville, KY

#4 Sep 24, 2011
RIGGED!!! thats all!!
mom

Henderson, KY

#5 Sep 24, 2011
question wrote:
RIGGED!!! thats all!!
Whose was rigged?
mom2

Madisonville, KY

#6 Sep 24, 2011
what pageant do people think was rigged? there isnt any sense in getting on this forum talking about kids who competed and done their best. all the kids in the pageant looked wonderful, unfortunately not all of them could get trophies. theres always next year for the ones who didnt place. pageants are meant to be for fun, not competiton for everyone to get mad about and run others down.
wow

Detroit, MI

#7 Sep 25, 2011
I was at these pageants, and I've judged pageants before. I picked every winner before they were named. It's all about confidence, and being comfortable on stage! Whoever said it was rigged is just mad because the person they were there to watch didn't win. Or the contestant herself wrote it. And that just proves they didn't deserve to win. Just because you're beautiful, doesn't mean you have the personality. These judges are trained to look for that too. Honestly, there were many beautiful girls in all these pageants! To the ones who didn't win, try again! Isn't it for fun anyway?
HAPPY TOGETHER

White House, TN

#8 Sep 28, 2011
wow wrote:
I was at these pageants, and I've judged pageants before. I picked every winner before they were named. It's all about confidence, and being comfortable on stage! Whoever said it was rigged is just mad because the person they were there to watch didn't win. Or the contestant herself wrote it. And that just proves they didn't deserve to win. Just because you're beautiful, doesn't mean you have the personality. These judges are trained to look for that too. Honestly, there were many beautiful girls in all these pageants! To the ones who didn't win, try again! Isn't it for fun anyway?
i was there also. and like you i think all the girls were winner even if they didnt win. they did. they had to take time out to be there try their best and help out others that needed help. so i think they were all winners in my book there was no losers that night...
mom

Tomball, TX

#10 Sep 29, 2011
HAPPY TOGETHER wrote:
<quoted text>i was there also. and like you i think all the girls were winner even if they didnt win. they did. they had to take time out to be there try their best and help out others that needed help. so i think they were all winners in my book there was no losers that night...
Thats so true. There were all beautiful - all 3 nights!! So glad there are people that understand that all the girls were amazing and they all did an awesome job! Congrats to all the contestants
woo hoo

Owensboro, KY

#11 Sep 29, 2011
Savannah should have won!!!
saw it all

White Plains, KY

#12 Sep 29, 2011
woo hoo wrote:
Savannah should have won!!!
Her cheeks were hanging out of the back of her shorts...can you say wardrobe malfunction, OOPS!
contestant runnerup

White Plains, KY

#13 Oct 7, 2011
our county had our first ever Mrs pageant,not very many competed.We all worked hard and did our very best to show that pageants aren't just for the young,us Mrs can strut just the same.Oh,I got 3rd,next time maybe 1st.
yay

Madisonville, KY

#14 Oct 19, 2011
went well
Pageant mommy

Utica, KY

#15 May 27, 2012
Some of them are rigged... I've put mine in a few... If u hear a parent speak of being a judge it kinda tells u who will win it... If parents r gonna be judges don't put ur kid in it... Doesn't matter if u didn't judge ur county or not... It's not fair when u know what to teach ur child and the others are clueless... It's for fun but make it fair...
fair member

Centertown, KY

#16 May 27, 2012
Just to set the record straight, in the 31 years of doing pageants at the Ohio county fair, there has never, nor will be a parent from Ohio county that will judge in Ohio county. We also have close pageants that does not allow girls from other counties to participate in our fair. From baby contests to the miss, judges are all from other counties. Now this may not be the case for other local pageants. from the Kentucky association of fairs and horse shows, rules require us to supply judges from outside counties. we cannot help if parents have been selected by other counties to judge their pageants but all kids have the same and equal opportunity to represent Ohio county.
Pageant mommy wrote:
Some of them are rigged... I've put mine in a few... If u hear a parent speak of being a judge it kinda tells u who will win it... If parents r gonna be judges don't put ur kid in it... Doesn't matter if u didn't judge ur county or not... It's not fair when u know what to teach ur child and the others are clueless... It's for fun but make it fair...
questioned

White Plains, KY

#17 May 28, 2012
When you have two people go behind the stage with the paperwork, come out and point to the contestants while whispering behind papers there is certainly something going on...but, knowing this girls and parents still go for this kind of thing...Our pageant system has lost its credability. The ohio county fair needs new, fresh ideas to increase the number of people who want to attend.I remember when the fair gave away a car, money and great prizes. I know times are hard but we could have a great fair again. Fair member is correct the judges come from other counties however...we do swap judging events...you scratch my back I'll scratch yours?
Ashley

Boynton Beach, FL

#18 May 31, 2012
When is the fair and how does the baby pagent work
setup

Boynton Beach, FL

#19 Jun 7, 2012
The Mrs was setup last year! The winning contestant was heard saying she was asked to be in it!!! And one of the judges said she knew her and really liked her! How fair is that???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaver Dam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Decker no longer principal 2 hr Angie 13
Doug robertson 3 hr Sam 4
Any 3rd shift perdue guys up for some fun 4 hr Works at Purdue 24
affair in Iron Mountain 7 hr Inquiring minds 3
women looking 8 hr are you kidding me 2
long hair blonde at horsebracnh store 8 hr slim 13
Hayley Bullock Sat dwa 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beaver Dam Mortgages