Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 2,597)

Showing posts 51,921 - 51,940 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56597
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Don't be shy. How many missed me thus far today?
I am not the least bit shy. I missed you just exactly the same way that I missed that case of hemrrhoids that I had a couple years ago. The pain in the butt was gone.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56598
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Indeed, how sad do you have to be....perfectly describes the unatroll club from Scottsville to a "T"....T is for TROLL...the most vile and disgusting ones ever to hit the BIRD thread.

What Is A Troll?

The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.

Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.

Why do trolls do it?

I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?

Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!).

Troll - Angler or Underbridge Dweller?
How can troll posts be recognised?
No Imagination - Most are frighteningly obvious; sexist comments on nurses' groups, blasphemy on religious groups .. I kid you not.

Pedantic in the Extreme - Many trolls' preparation is so thorough, that while they waste time, they appear so ludicrous from the start that they elicit sympathetic mail - the danger is that once the group takes sides, the damage is done.

False Identity - Because they are cowards, trolls virtually never write over their own name, and often reveal their trolliness (and lack of imagination) in the chosen ID. As so many folk these days use false ID, this is not a strong indicator on its own!

Crossposting - Any post that is crossposted to several groups should be viewed as suspicious, particularly if unrelated or of opposing perspective. Why would someone do that?

Off-topic posting - Often genuine errors, but, if from an 'outsider' they deserve matter-of-fact response; if genuine, a brief apposite response is simply netiquette; if it's a troll post, you have denied it its reward.

Repetition of a question or statement is either a troll - or a pedant; either way, treatment as a troll is effective.

Missing The Point - Trolls rarely answer a direct question - they cannot, if asked to justify their twaddle - so they develop a fine line in missing the point.

Thick or Sad - Trolls are usually sad, lonely folk, with few social skills; they rarely make what most people would consider intelligent conversation. However, they frequently have an obsession with their IQ and feel the need to tell everyone. This is so frequent, that it is diagnostic! Somewhere on the web there must be an Intelligence Test for Trolls - rigged to always say "above 150"

Yep, that is you lowlifes. To a T-R-O-L-L...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56599
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not the least bit shy. I missed you just exactly the same way that I missed that case of hemrrhoids that I had a couple years ago. The pain in the butt was gone.
hahahaha, good one Ancient Wolf. Perfectly put. Hope you have enjoyed our hot summer day!!!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56600
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

BIRD story:

David received a parrot for his birthday. This parrot was fully grown with a bad attitude and terrible vocabulary. Every other word was an expletive. Those that weren't expletives were, to say the least, rude. David tried hard to change the bird's attitude. He was constantly saying polite words and playing soft music, he did anything he could think of. Nothing worked. When he yelled at the bird, the bird got worse. If he shook the bird, the bird got madder and ruder.

Finally in a moment of desperation, David put the parrot in the freezer. For a few moments he heard the bird squawking, kicking and screaming and then suddenly, there was quiet. David was frightened that he might have actually hurt the bird and quickly opened the freezer door. The parrot calmly stepped out onto David's extended arm and said: "I'm sorry that I might have offended you with my language and actions, so I ask for your forgiven ess. I will try to correct my behavior."

David was astounded at the bird's change in attitude and was about to ask what had changed him when the parrot continued: "May I ask what the chicken did?"

Cute huh? I bet Stevie would like this and I REALLY CARE he/she troll too. hahaha
Godsmack

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56601
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Everyone SING !!! Ding dong the trolls are dead, the wicked trolls are dead,,

Peace, though short term no doubt, is sweet.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56602
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Have a good evening, Too hot to cook and I ordered carry out pizza and I am out of here to go get it. CLICK

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56603
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Don't be shy. How many missed me thus far today? Fart report:
For the last three says I have farted like a Mule.
Family Dollar
2 rippers
Fartitude, 5.5
Save A Lot
3 sneakers
fartitude, 2.1
Dollar General Store
3 Grandma rippers
fartitude, 4.7
Church
seven silent, great body
fartitde 8.2 aisles cleared
This old shack
one tremor after another
fartitude I now reside at 223 Mule Fart trail, instead of 222.
Say NO to Beano. Farts have rights too.
I crop dusted Godfathers pizza.
Godsmack

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56604
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Abeliever wrote:
BIRD story:
David received a parrot for his birthday. This parrot was fully grown with a bad attitude and terrible vocabulary. Every other word was an expletive. Those that weren't expletives were, to say the least, rude. David tried hard to change the bird's attitude. He was constantly saying polite words and playing soft music, he did anything he could think of. Nothing worked. When he yelled at the bird, the bird got worse. If he shook the bird, the bird got madder and ruder.
Finally in a moment of desperation, David put the parrot in the freezer. For a few moments he heard the bird squawking, kicking and screaming and then suddenly, there was quiet. David was frightened that he might have actually hurt the bird and quickly opened the freezer door. The parrot calmly stepped out onto David's extended arm and said: "I'm sorry that I might have offended you with my language and actions, so I ask for your forgiven ess. I will try to correct my behavior."
David was astounded at the bird's change in attitude and was about to ask what had changed him when the parrot continued: "May I ask what the chicken did?"
Cute huh? I bet Stevie would like this and I REALLY CARE he/she troll too. hahaha
Sweet, took me a second, but then, sweet.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56605
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Godsmack wrote:
Everyone SING !!! Ding dong the trolls are dead, the wicked trolls are dead,,
Peace, though short term no doubt, is sweet.
hahaha, WE wish...they are a bunch of ding dongs and I am not talking about the hostess or the Little Debbie ones either. hahaha

Short term is right..there is a he/she lurking in the shadows ready to pounce and unatroll is probably emailing and calling them right now. He hates to be outnumbered and he has to razzle dazzle them with his stupidity. I was rolling laughing at your jabs yesterday. Dirty talk or not. lol Hope you had a great day!! I did.:)

Hey even the BIRDS are SINGING. lol

Wild Cardinal singing
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Bird Songs Skylark
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Robin
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Mockingbird Song Serenade
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
puke

Auxier, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56606
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Godsmack wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet, took me a second, but then, sweet.
puke puke puke
Godsmack

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56607
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Ok, so this lady stops in a pet store to find a pet as company. She spies a large green parrot with a 20 buck tag on it's cage, she asked why it was so cheap.. the store owner said it came from a brothel and sometimes said not so nice things. Not discouraged she bought the bird and took it home.
When she uncovered it's cage the bird looked about and said "new madam, new house",, the lady did not think this too bad. Later her two daughters came in and the bird whistled and said "new madam, new home, and umm new girls"... they laughed it off. Later the husband walks in, the bird sees him and says "Hey Bob, glad you made it, the new girls are hot".
Godsmack

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56608
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha, WE wish...they are a bunch of ding dongs and I am not talking about the hostess or the Little Debbie ones either. hahaha
Short term is right..there is a he/she lurking in the shadows ready to pounce and unatroll is probably emailing and calling them right now. He hates to be outnumbered and he has to razzle dazzle them with his stupidity. I was rolling laughing at your jabs yesterday. Dirty talk or not. lol Hope you had a great day!! I did.:)
Hey even the BIRDS are SINGING. lol
Wild Cardinal singing
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Bird Songs Skylark
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Robin
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Mockingbird Song Serenade
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Well sorry about the dirty, but ignoring them failed, beign nice and polite failed, engaging them in a topic failed,, all they know is dirty, so it seems fight fire with fire.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56609
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Have a good evening, Too hot to cook and I ordered carry out pizza and I am out of here to go get it. CLICK
You too Ancient Wolf, I did the crock pot thing today. AC frost and a roast, potatoes, carrots, onion and a little celery cooking in the crock pot. Dinner is served. hahaha Enjoy your pizza. I think I will get everything ready to serve and enjoy before my evening walk. Will check in latter to see how much fun the unatroll club had dazzling each other for TROLL of the Day! I REALLY CARE should show up anytime now. hahaha

Hope all the REGULARS and decent posters have a nice evening.

Trolls hahahahaha, hope your AC goes out if you have any.

I am taking the wise Ancient Wolf lead and .....

"CLICK"
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56610
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Godsmack wrote:
Ok, so this lady stops in a pet store to find a pet as company. She spies a large green parrot with a 20 buck tag on it's cage, she asked why it was so cheap.. the store owner said it came from a brothel and sometimes said not so nice things. Not discouraged she bought the bird and took it home.
When she uncovered it's cage the bird looked about and said "new madam, new house",, the lady did not think this too bad. Later her two daughters came in and the bird whistled and said "new madam, new home, and umm new girls"... they laughed it off. Later the husband walks in, the bird sees him and says "Hey Bob, glad you made it, the new girls are hot".
hahaha, cute, like an escaped unatroll bird, just rearrange the words. BOB, check hahaha, New Unatroll, New shack, the new BOBS are hot....hahahaha

Dirty posts or not, I enjoyed them. No virgin ears here. lol That seems to be all they know.

Now I'm "CLICKING", be back later.
OhioJeepGirl

Auxier, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56611
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Hello Topix family! Just stopped by for a minute! I HAD to post this! ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Know your ‘troll’: UK considers law disclosing users` identities

British internet users may soon have an opportunity of meeting those who ‘troll’ them face to face. The parliament is considering a legislation making website operators to identify users posting defamatory comments.

­The Defamation Bill is going through the second reading on Tuesday. If put through, the legislation will allow users to take legal actions directly against their online abusers.

If a user claims there is defamatory content being posted about him online, instead of taking action against the website, he can ask the website operator to give them the name of the person who posted the remarks.

Within the legislation the defamatory comment is defined as causing or likely causing “serious harm to the reputation of the claimant.”

Currently, any offensive commentary or libel posted online is in the responsibility of the website operators. The bill will spare them of lawsuits from offended users.

“Our proposed approach will mean that website operators have a defense against libel as long as they identify the authors of allegedly defamatory material when requested to do so by a complainant,” said the Justice Secretary, Kenneth Clarke.

He added that the government wants a libel regime that makes it possible for people to protect their reputations effectively but also ensures that online information cannot be easily censored by casual threats against website operators.

At the same time the bill will strengthen freedom of speech on the internet. It removes the rule stipulating that each separate viewing counts as a separate offence.

The legislation will also introduce a one-year limit to online libel claims in order to stop claims about old articles.

This comes on the back of several cases of online harassment of public figures in the UK. The most public and recent case was that of Frank Zimmerman, who sent a threatening email to MP Louise Mensch and has been banned from contacting her or her husband, as well as 24 other public figures he has been “trolling.”

http://www.rt.com/news/internet-privacy-legis...

Miss you guys!!! See you in July!
JSYK

Burlington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56612
Jun 12, 2012
 
I don't know if there are really "Reptoid Aliens" I do believe the gov is doing something but I would think gov is behind the alien explanation too. They want us to think that there are aliens so we will all unite & go along with New World Order. Google illuminati etc and you will see a lot. They control Hollywood, Hip Hop & all kinds music and singers, actors ect. to influence us all. it is all about Satin worshipers.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56613
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Abeliever wrote:
Indeed, how sad do you have to be....perfectly describes the unatroll club from Scottsville to a "T"....T is for TROLL...the most vile and disgusting ones ever to hit the BIRD thread.
What Is A Troll?
The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.
Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.
Why do trolls do it?
I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.
Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.
For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.
Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?
Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!).
Troll - Angler or Underbridge Dweller?
How can troll posts be recognised?
No Imagination - Most are frighteningly obvious; sexist comments on nurses' groups, blasphemy on religious groups .. I kid you not.
Pedantic in the Extreme - Many trolls' preparation is so thorough, that while they waste time, they appear so ludicrous from the start that they elicit sympathetic mail - the danger is that once the group takes sides, the damage is done.
False Identity - Because they are cowards, trolls virtually never write over their own name, and often reveal their trolliness (and lack of imagination) in the chosen ID. As so many folk these days use false ID, this is not a strong indicator on its own!
Crossposting - Any post that is crossposted to several groups should be viewed as suspicious, particularly if unrelated or of opposing perspective. Why would someone do that?
Off-topic posting - Often genuine errors, but, if from an 'outsider' they deserve matter-of-fact response; if genuine, a brief apposite response is simply netiquette; if it's a troll post, you have denied it its reward.
Repetition of a question or statement is either a troll - or a pedant; either way, treatment as a troll is effective.
Missing The Point - Trolls rarely answer a direct question - they cannot, if asked to justify their twaddle - so they develop a fine line in missing the point.
Thick or Sad - Trolls are usually sad, lonely folk, with few social skills; they rarely make what most people would consider intelligent conversation. However, they frequently have an obsession with their IQ and feel the need to tell everyone. This is so frequent, that it is diagnostic! Somewhere on the web there must be an Intelligence Test for Trolls - rigged to always say "above 150"
Yep, that is you lowlifes. To a T-R-O-L-L...
I have lost count of how many times you have posted this information on yourself. Get over it.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56614
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

OhioJeepGirl wrote:
Hello Topix family! Just stopped by for a minute! I HAD to post this! ha ha ha ha!!!!!!
Know your ‘troll’: UK considers law disclosing users` identities
British internet users may soon have an opportunity of meeting those who ‘troll’ them face to face. The parliament is considering a legislation making website operators to identify users posting defamatory comments.
­The Defamation Bill is going through the second reading on Tuesday. If put through, the legislation will allow users to take legal actions directly against their online abusers.
If a user claims there is defamatory content being posted about him online, instead of taking action against the website, he can ask the website operator to give them the name of the person who posted the remarks.
Within the legislation the defamatory comment is defined as causing or likely causing “serious harm to the reputation of the claimant.”
Currently, any offensive commentary or libel posted online is in the responsibility of the website operators. The bill will spare them of lawsuits from offended users.
“Our proposed approach will mean that website operators have a defense against libel as long as they identify the authors of allegedly defamatory material when requested to do so by a complainant,” said the Justice Secretary, Kenneth Clarke.
He added that the government wants a libel regime that makes it possible for people to protect their reputations effectively but also ensures that online information cannot be easily censored by casual threats against website operators.
At the same time the bill will strengthen freedom of speech on the internet. It removes the rule stipulating that each separate viewing counts as a separate offence.
The legislation will also introduce a one-year limit to online libel claims in order to stop claims about old articles.
This comes on the back of several cases of online harassment of public figures in the UK. The most public and recent case was that of Frank Zimmerman, who sent a threatening email to MP Louise Mensch and has been banned from contacting her or her husband, as well as 24 other public figures he has been “trolling.”
http://www.rt.com/news/internet-privacy-legis...
Miss you guys!!! See you in July!
OhioCreepGirl. Glad you could stay long enough to copy and paste something.
OhioJeepGirl

Auxier, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56615
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
OhioCreepGirl. Glad you could stay long enough to copy and paste something.
It was a pleasure! Isn't it funny how my copy and paste is still more creative and polite that what trolls can come up with? Just saying.=)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56616
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Abeliever wrote:
BIRD story:
David received a parrot for his birthday. This parrot was fully grown with a bad attitude and terrible vocabulary. Every other word was an expletive. Those that weren't expletives were, to say the least, rude. David tried hard to change the bird's attitude. He was constantly saying polite words and playing soft music, he did anything he could think of. Nothing worked. When he yelled at the bird, the bird got worse. If he shook the bird, the bird got madder and ruder.
Finally in a moment of desperation, David put the parrot in the freezer. For a few moments he heard the bird squawking, kicking and screaming and then suddenly, there was quiet. David was frightened that he might have actually hurt the bird and quickly opened the freezer door. The parrot calmly stepped out onto David's extended arm and said: "I'm sorry that I might have offended you with my language and actions, so I ask for your forgiven ess. I will try to correct my behavior."
David was astounded at the bird's change in attitude and was about to ask what had changed him when the parrot continued: "May I ask what the chicken did?"
Cute huh? I bet Stevie would like this and I REALLY CARE he/she troll too. hahaha
Cute, no. That is older than Dinosaur poop. It was what did the Turkey do not a freakin' chicken. Gees. Of course Stevie would enjoy it. You and Stevie are in competition to come up with the oldest corney joke. Right now it's a tie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 51,921 - 51,940 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Beaver Dam Forum right now

Search the Beaver Dam Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Nutz 144,944
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 17 min haah 451
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 6 hr LMS 26,173
beaver dam stop light 12 hr bobby 10
divorce my army husband 14 hr Wondering 20
Rick & Keisha 15 hr Perfect 2
Hospice nurse a joke 17 hr Chinn 14
•••
•••
•••
•••

Beaver Dam Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Beaver Dam People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Beaver Dam News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beaver Dam
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••