Facebook Video
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Shandy Stonee

Madisonville, KY

#1 Oct 1, 2010
How disturbing is it that children are so in-human that they could set and Video a child being brutely beaten by another student and not help them.
Parent

Madisonville, KY

#2 Oct 1, 2010
I so agree with what you said, as I set and read the paper, my heart felt the sadness and hurt this mother and father must have endured knowing their child was being done like this and no-one stepped in to help him. Every child that was involved should be punished.
Sarah

United States

#3 Oct 1, 2010
I agree with both of you.. what happened to that poor boy was so awful.. I couldnt imagine standing there watching that happen and not helping him.. much less having to be the mother watching the video of her son on the ground helpless... There is a BIG problem with bullying in the Ohio County school system.. its not just high school, its all of them, even elementary... Something needs to be done.. the teachers and school officials need to listen and TAKE ACTION when a student comes to them and says "hey, I have a problem with someone bullying me" Dont just blow it off.. look what happens.. My heart goes out to the kid that got looked over, and ended up getting beat up, because I know someone had to have known something was going on between these two or that the kid that did the hitting was a "bully" and did it to others.. he should have been stopped a long time ago
Parent

Madisonville, KY

#4 Oct 1, 2010
Yes Sarah I agree, the boy was hit 26 times and was kicked once during a 24 second video, could not imigine what went on before the video. The boy refused to fight, when the other student kept pullin his hat off then sucker punched him. So sad,
serious as a heart attack

Richmond, KY

#5 Oct 2, 2010
wat when did this happen i nvr heard of it
parent

Madisonville, KY

#6 Oct 2, 2010
It happened Sept. 17th along the fence line at the football game, it is in the Ohio Co. paper, front page. It has been on facebook video, a student from Ohio co middle school recorded the fight and posted on her wall, it is not their now cause they made her remove it. She should be charged just like the boy that started the fight, I guess another story of a child without parenting control, who would allow a child to post something like that on their status, the child whom posted it has pics of her grabbing her crouch, curse words, and my son goes to school with her and states she is pretty wild, so guess that expalins why she would be were the fight is and not at the ball game like she is suppose to be.
Outside Observer

Greenville, KY

#7 Oct 2, 2010
The time is coming when we must rid these sub-humans from our midst. If they want violence-they should be dealt violence. Not interventions, not therapy, not community service. If violence is all they understand-then violence they shall receive! Any comments suggesting that, "We are no better than them" Then you simply don't understand what is facing this Nation.
another parent

Canton, OH

#8 Oct 2, 2010
i agree with everyone on this topic, i wont even let my children go to any of the games because there is always a fight planned. whatever happened to just haveing a great time at our schools games instead its a bunch of punks thats always trying to prove how bad they are, well in my book all they are is a bunch of cowards that needs some good oh time spankings! not beatings but a good but whooping, yeah i know someone doesnt beleive in that, but ask yourself this, how much of drugs, beatings,and anything else you can think of went on before they took out paddleing at the schools and homes? how a days parents dont even know where there children are half the time, and we sure didnt have 13 year olds haveing babies...thank you for your time
another parent

Canton, OH

#9 Oct 2, 2010
oh yeah i missed spelled a few words sorry
Concerned parent

Madisonville, KY

#10 Oct 2, 2010
Outside Observer, really not sure what you are trying to say, or what point you are trying to make. Intervention, therapy and community service is great if it works, but any human that would keep pounding their fist in another human that many times, not sure if any of the above things will help. We are not talking about a few punches or pulling hair we are talking about (26 punches and a kick) in 24 seconds. A concussion and bleeding on the brain is serious. plus any person that could stand their and video a such thing should be punished also they can not have any conscious at all, therefore go as far as putting the beating on her face book page, while seems the parents need to be investigated, do parents not check their children's things anymore.
Another Parent, thank you for agreeing you are totally right, hopefully this will be investagated allot more and this kids parents will have peace.
What The Hell

Utica, KY

#11 Oct 2, 2010
These are the kinda things you read happening in big cities far away....when so many people don't realize this stuff is going on everyday in there own backyard...everyday at ohio middle and high school children are bullied and made to feel less human in everyway possible...from name calling to racial slurs from beating the living hell out of someone while people watch...what has this county come to where people don't even care that someones life is less important than a facebook video...wow how cool are you that 600 people watched your video a video where you watched a young boy be brutally beaten while you stood by and more then likly egged it on...where were the parents of the boy who was doing the beating? Where were the parents of the kids who stood by and watched as this act of violence was happening... certainly nowhere to be found....they wonder why more than half the pregnancy occuring in ohio county are young girls under the age of 16 and the use of drugs is just a past-time for alot of kids teachers are to busy chatting during the time between classes and ready to dismiss any claims of bullying as kids just being kids...what is it gonna take in order for someone to do something..its gonna take someone dying for people in this town to get smarter about the choices they let there young teens make on there own...they need to be more of the PARENT then the cool mom and dad but sadly no one will do anything because no one thinks the problem is them....
parent

Madisonville, KY

#12 Oct 2, 2010
"What The Hell", you are 100% correct I could not agree with you more. Bulling is a very cruel abuse that is happening everyday, and allot of times it is overlooked until the kid who is being Bullied acts out and states something that he may do then they are ready to do whatever to him. This saddens me to know that this boys parents haves to live with the vision of their child being nearly beaten to death by another student. I am not sure what I am more angry over the beating or the video, it sickens me just to know that other student stood around and watched this happen, who could do that.
I know children do things behind their parents back and you as a parent cannot keep an eye on your child 24/7, but for a video to be on your child's face book page and you not know about it, come on...there were over 200 comments made on the video, seeing this girls face book status I can picture her being involved in a situation such as this. I hope this kids parent pushes this issue and everyone involved gets punished for being there and watching this. This county needs to make it safe again for children to enjoy things, such as football games and other activities
Front Page News

Madisonville, KY

#13 Oct 2, 2010
Seen this on the front page of the "Ohio Co Times", I can not believe this went on and someone actually video it, I hope the parents of this child See's that every child involved gets punished this has to stop before this becomes a everyday ritual.....'
God Bless this family
Smitty

Madisonville, KY

#14 Oct 2, 2010
Yeah, i agree with everyone, for real parents need to teach their kids to act right--Im talkin bout bringin back good ole fashioned butt whoopins. Also teachers, counselers, etc, need to take action, when a child comes to them, being bullied. It's getting damn ridiculous.
Been in that boat

United States

#15 Oct 3, 2010
It saddens me how many of these children are out there. my son was done this to. He was beaten by 2 boys while these two girls that were susposly my sons girlfriends friends set by and watched. They left him for dead and should of all been charged with attempted murder. How were these girls raised that they could feel so little and stand by and watch. Neither girl notified anyone and especially not the girlfriend. im thankful my son is ok. I didnt have a video but i know what I seen When i went an picked him up. That is something I will never forget! I hope
my children will treat people with respect and
stick up for those that need their help. Prayers go out to this young man and his family!
Outside Observer

Greenville, KY

#16 Oct 3, 2010
another parent wrote:
i agree with everyone on this topic, i wont even let my children go to any of the games because there is always a fight planned. whatever happened to just haveing a great time at our schools games instead its a bunch of punks thats always trying to prove how bad they are, well in my book all they are is a bunch of cowards that needs some good oh time spankings! not beatings but a good but whooping, yeah i know someone doesnt beleive in that, but ask yourself this, how much of drugs, beatings,and anything else you can think of went on before they took out paddleing at the schools and homes? how a days parents dont even know where there children are half the time, and we sure didnt have 13 year olds haveing babies...thank you for your time
Another Parent, you are exactly right. Many people are sickened and will not tolerate the punks and freeloaders that are always talking about their rights. As citizens of this county we have the right to not be threatened by these lowlives. I for one will not tolerarate any more of this nonsense!! Fight Back!! Let us rid this formerly nice county of freeloaders and punks!!!
another parent

Canton, OH

#17 Oct 3, 2010
Outside Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Parent, you are exactly right. Many people are sickened and will not tolerate the punks and freeloaders that are always talking about their rights. As citizens of this county we have the right to not be threatened by these lowlives. I for one will not tolerarate any more of this nonsense!! Fight Back!! Let us rid this formerly nice county of freeloaders and punks!!!
thank you outside observer, i agree with you also!!!!
inyours

Utica, KY

#18 Oct 3, 2010
i could understand your alls concern for this kid if it was a hazing or a mob on top of him. this kid was only beat up my one other kid, one on one, and he lost. Now, i do not know either of these kids, but from what my experience was in m.s. and h.s., tussles and scraps happened daily, and nothing was done about it then. the difference was then that we didnt have the technologies to record and share. we had to watch it live to see it. Im fairly sure if this kid made it home that night and didnt say anything to his parents, and that they didnt even know anything about it until the next day. Im guessing the kid lived to fight another day. maybe the injured boy taunted and provoked the other one. the paper said he didnt, but i wasnt there and neither were you. kids are gonna fight and there will always be winners and losers, unless they end up on facebook, no one will ever know.
caring

Jeffersonville, IN

#19 Oct 3, 2010
When is a fight a fair fight? when both parties are par-taking in it, correct? when is it not a fair fight? when One is doing all the hitting and the other is trying to get away or cover himself to protect himself.

You are right, there will always be Kids fighting in school. But when one is being beaten by the other and there are people standing around watching it and not doing anything to help the one being beaten they are as much at fault as the one doing the beating.

Maybe he didnt tell his parents because he was afraid of what might happen if he did. Sometimes kids that are being bullied don't tell. Because they are more afraid of what will happen to them if they do. They don't want other kids to think they are cowards. Its bad enough being bullied, but when parents get involved it makes it worse on the child. But there are times when you have to draw the line. If Parents won't stand up for their kids, who will? That's what is wrong with the world today. Too much is being pushed aside and let go for the sake of not causing more trouble.
Don't blame the child that took the beating. No one deserves to be hit like that, regardless if they provoked it or not, in this case I don't think that was the case. From what I have heard, they barely knew one another.

So I think we all need to pray for both family's involved. I know the Parents of the one that did the beating have to be heartbroken. No one wants to see their child hurt or in trouble. So before you go on a website talking about people you don't even know, just remember that regardless of the situation both boys have families that love them and they neither want bad for their sons.
soul searcher

Richmond, KY

#20 Oct 3, 2010
inyours wrote:
i could understand your alls concern for this kid if it was a hazing or a mob on top of him. this kid was only beat up my one other kid, one on one, and he lost. Now, i do not know either of these kids, but from what my experience was in m.s. and h.s., tussles and scraps happened daily, and nothing was done about it then. the difference was then that we didnt have the technologies to record and share. we had to watch it live to see it. Im fairly sure if this kid made it home that night and didnt say anything to his parents, and that they didnt even know anything about it until the next day. Im guessing the kid lived to fight another day. maybe the injured boy taunted and provoked the other one. the paper said he didnt, but i wasnt there and neither were you. kids are gonna fight and there will always be winners and losers, unless they end up on facebook, no one will ever know.
ok either you are not a parent or just so cold harded you dont care, either way when you have a child that gets beat or worse then lets see how you feel when your child is done like that. never is it okay for anyone to get beat over just trying to prove how bad you are! and i know this boy very well and he is the kind of kid that justs wants friends and to fit in, i hope when you have children of your own nothing ever happens to them like it did this young man...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaver Dam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
paxton and ball 7 hr George 8
Brittney Austin is so hot!!!! 9 hr yummy 6
Meth head painter 22 hr Hmmmm 7
Kevin Bradshaw Tue 458epc 3
looking for jamie Tue Popeye 2
Said her name was jamie Tue mchappy 13
Tori part 2 Dec 11 yummy 31

Beaver Dam Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance