Review: Charles S Nacol Jewelry Co

Review: Charles S Nacol Jewelry Co

Posted in the Beaumont Forum

hanna

Vidor, TX

#1 Jul 2, 2009
not a good place awful bad merchandise bad attitudes way to pricy and rude i dont recommed it at
Hugh Jazz

Lumberton, TX

#2 Jul 2, 2009
never had a problem with nacols... theyve always been very fair and the prices were great!

the son on the other hand is extremely rude! i wouldnt buy anything from him!
DCostello

AOL

#3 Aug 12, 2009
Long time Nacols customer always great prices and Great service..Never had problems know the son personally good guy..
Skorzeny

Tulsa, OK

#4 Aug 14, 2009
junky jewelry
Shopper

Beaumont, TX

#5 Oct 1, 2009
I have been trading with Nacols for a long time and they have very nice jewelry..Not sure where you would get junky at.Always ggot a great deal at Nacol
TWeb

Austin, TX

#7 Dec 3, 2009
The Grandfather and grandson are all great people. Merchandise has always been of the best quality. Been a customer for 20 years and have always been treated with more respect than any other fine jewelry store I have been to.
GOD

Springfield, MA

#8 Dec 3, 2009
This is Timothy Turner, and I'd like to apologize for my previous post. At Avery Ehrlich's request I'd like to include that I was not aware that this was a public forum.

-Tim

Since: Dec 09

Vance, AL

#9 Dec 8, 2009
My family and I (3 generations)have shopped with the Nacol family since the 1960's at Jeff. City, downtown Bmt, the old Parkdale location, West End, and now across from Parkdale in Bmt. We've shopped primarily with the late Mr. Nacol and Habib. Bought lots of jewelry plus luggage, silver, china, crystal, and a grandfather clock. Always am confident of the high quality of everything we purchase there. Don't expect poor quality and cheap prices if you go to Nacol's. Never had any problems with anything from Nacol's. Won't buy jewelry anywhere else.
Customer

Washington, DC

#10 Feb 23, 2010
Purchased my wedding ring @ Nacols back in 2000. Customer service was excellent then. Went in recently to have my stone looked at because one of the prongs was catching flint. Customer service was excellent again. Have been in to look several times and allways treated with respect. They even cleaned a ring my grandmother gave me and made sure all the prongs were secure on it for no charge.
bluesuedehd

Armstrong, TX

#11 Jan 19, 2011
Charles Nacol Sr., was extremely helpful with a pair of diamond ear rings I purchased at Alter's Jewelry for Christmas. I was 2 days late on the return for my money back. Yet, my husband had purchased a bracelet that I had traded for earrings, and I took them back on Jan. 7th, in which I consider my date of purchase. The deadline was the 14th.

He refused to return my money but he offered a credit. I told him I didn't want a credit, I wanted my money back. He got very loud and tried to intimidate me by bragging on his education and experience. I do know enough about diamonds to know I was ripped off.

Mr. Nacol (a friend of Brian A.) told me that he couldn't believe he wouldn't return my money and that B.A. was being ridiculous and to go back and demand my money and besides he had sold the jewelry for double the amount it should have been sold for. I requested the appraisal from Brian A. and he provided it to me.

I went to Nederland jewelers to have them appraised and the gemologist legally appraised them at $994.(He is a certified GIA. Alter's was $1999.approx. That just provides more evidence that they were marked up and I was ripped off.

The 2nd time I went in the store, A.J.for the discussion; B.A. became very irate after I informed him of the research I had found and he said: "This isn't worth it, I don't need your business!"
Then proceeded to tell the cashier to give me a refund. I told him he wasn't going to get my business anyway, duh....He stomped off to his office and slammed the door after I told him to call Mr. Nachol and confirm I was there and the advice he had given me was accurate. I believe it mad him even more irate that he and C.N. were long time friends and C.N. was honest with me.

I have spent approx.$20,000 in 10 yrs.(prob. a drop in the hat for him) but he lost my business! He's a rude business man, very unprofessional.
Buck

United States

#12 Apr 20, 2011
Nacol's , at the store on Phelan used to have a great watchmaker- could fix most anything...What ever Happened to ?

Since: Apr 08

Vidor TX

#13 Apr 22, 2011
bluesuedehd wrote:
Charles Nacol Sr., was extremely helpful with a pair of diamond ear rings I purchased at Alter's Jewelry for Christmas. I was 2 days late on the return for my money back. Yet, my husband had purchased a bracelet that I had traded for earrings, and I took them back on Jan. 7th, in which I consider my date of purchase. The deadline was the 14th.
He refused to return my money but he offered a credit. I told him I didn't want a credit, I wanted my money back. He got very loud and tried to intimidate me by bragging on his education and experience. I do know enough about diamonds to know I was ripped off.
Mr. Nacol (a friend of Brian A.) told me that he couldn't believe he wouldn't return my money and that B.A. was being ridiculous and to go back and demand my money and besides he had sold the jewelry for double the amount it should have been sold for. I requested the appraisal from Brian A. and he provided it to me.
I went to Nederland jewelers to have them appraised and the gemologist legally appraised them at $994.(He is a certified GIA. Alter's was $1999.approx. That just provides more evidence that they were marked up and I was ripped off.
The 2nd time I went in the store, A.J.for the discussion; B.A. became very irate after I informed him of the research I had found and he said: "This isn't worth it, I don't need your business!"
Then proceeded to tell the cashier to give me a refund. I told him he wasn't going to get my business anyway, duh....He stomped off to his office and slammed the door after I told him to call Mr. Nachol and confirm I was there and the advice he had given me was accurate. I believe it mad him even more irate that he and C.N. were long time friends and C.N. was honest with me.
I have spent approx.$20,000 in 10 yrs.(prob. a drop in the hat for him) but he lost my business! He's a rude business man, very unprofessional.
So Alter's lost your business or Nacol's?
ASH

The Colony, TX

#15 Jul 12, 2011
Brian Alter is an ego-testical idiot...Because he has a law degree he thinks he can talk to anyone in anyway...I will never shop there period!!!!!! Alters prices are way too inflated for their so called "Hearts on Fire" diamonds...Everything they sell is not worth the price you pay.... If you want a good deal without all the BS go to Nacols...Everyone that works there from the late Mr. Nacol to Chas Jr. is very helpful and knowledgable to assist you with your purchase....If Alters didn't have the Rolex line they would be broke....Nacols will continue to get my business as they have earned it through the many years my family and I have shopped there....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaumont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 2 hr Deserve farts 776
Nothing but a liar Mon ash 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sun Education farts 947
News Searching the past (Apr '10) Jul 30 Down farts 5
News Beaumont customer gets sticker-shocked with "Ur... Jul 25 George 5
Review: Father & SON Machine Shop & Engine Parts Jul 22 Screwed 1
News Ship hunts for more 'pings' in Malaysia jet search (Apr '14) Jul 16 Search farts 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beaumont Mortgages