Texas AG Files Lawsuit Against Conn's

There are 7 comments on the May 29, 2009, www.ksat.com story titled Texas AG Files Lawsuit Against Conn's . In it, www.ksat.com reports that:

Charging the company with failing to honor product warranties, misleading consumers and false advertising, the Texas Attorney General's Office announced it had filed a lawsuit against electronics and appliance retailer Conn's. More than 2,000 complaints were filed with the attorney general's office against the Beaumont, Texas-based retailer, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.ksat.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
notaconnsfan

Frisco, TX

#42 Nov 23, 2010
Bad bad experience with the Conn's. They are ruthless. I made a payment agreement with them, made two full payments in two weeks, and on the day the second payment was taken out of my account, they called wanting more money. I was told those two payments would bring me up to date on my account. In the call they told me that they had rescinded the arrangement because my account balance was too low to warrant it...but didn't feel the need to let me know that. When I finally settled out my account with them, they decided to report to the credit bureaus that it was a charge off and skip...even though I paid them! And they called me 4 times after the settlement to try to get more money out of me! Now they don't want to send me a letter stating that I settled the account...rescinding again? I dare you Conn's! These Conn's are terrible people, they use illegal practices for collection, and they need to be taken off the market. Did you know that the fat-cat CEO makes 3.5 million a year salary? DO NOT BUY A SINGLE ITEM FROM THESE PEOPLE...YOU WILL REGRET IT FOREVER, OR AT LEAST FOR 7 YEARS AFTER YOU PAY THEM OFF AND IT SITS ON YOUR CREDIT.
Bennie

United States

#43 Sep 5, 2011
Paying a bill is not a problem. If I wanted to I could pay it off. The problem I have is I have a product list in operable and it's been an operable for 3 months I keep calling cons..... call conns to fix it and they keep calling me to pay for something that's been an operable for 3 months without any resolution. Okay I pay the bill they finally try to resolve the issue which in turn an exchange. Now spending more money is considered an upgrade, and I am forced to spend 1699 on a product weather I want to or not. I found a tv for 1299 that is truly bigger and better. But by conns rules I'm still gonna pay 1699 for that tv weather I like it or not. I'm only allowed to spend more money for them to redo my contract not less money is this legal
Mike

Mexico, Mexico

#44 Mar 30, 2012
OUTRAGED wrote:
Has anyone had problems with Conn's allowing false credit card applications?
I just discovered that someone filled out an "online" credit card application and the store is taking no responsibility. I would like to hear from anyone else that might have had this same problem with this company because it seems that they are unwilling to work with me on finding out who might have done this. They will Not provide me any documentation of the actual application, they are refusing to give me any information.
Please anyone that can be of assistance would greatly be appreciated, my email address is michelle76006@yahoo.com
Michelle do you have another email address were we can reach you.
toya

New Iberia, LA

#45 Apr 18, 2012
who knows what type of lawyer to hire for conn's
wondering

Fort Worth, TX

#46 Apr 18, 2012
gmpowerhouse wrote:
I file a lawsuit agains Conn's after I purchased a 65 inch DLP widescreen TV. The screen was scratched, there was fan noise, the picture frames broke, and the color was distorted. I wrote certified letters to the store manger, district sales manger, headquarters, and the legal department and no one replied. The judge send my case to mediation. It on only then that Conn's made things right. BUT, IT TOOK 6 FREAKING MONTHS. "I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN AND ADVISED MY ASSOCIATES TO NOT SHOP THEIR EITHER. I hope Conn's gets hit hard in the pocket.
I bought a samsung big screen tv and dots started appearing on the screen and they said to use my manufacturer warranty and when that was not honored they would not honor my warranty i bought at time of purchase
Mary

Beaumont, TX

#47 Jan 12, 2013
Ex-Devine resident wrote:
The collection department wasn't my problem, its the service department. The don't service what they sell. We have been waiting over a year on some service work. No call no nothing. Just broken promises, saying they will call us on a given day.
TOTAL AGREE The service center in Beaumont have 1 Computer tech who's always 2 month in the back. He always reformatted
the computer to its original state. he doesnt trouble shoot the problem i'm so Glad AG on Conns . They have truly mislead ,lied ,overcharge customers.They also need to trained or RETRAINED this customers service rep about being professional , courteous.
crook

San Antonio, TX

#48 Jan 13, 2013
what do you expect from white trash business owners?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaumont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Website for City of Vidor (Mar '09) Sat SocksOnFox 6
News Orange county issues water contamination notice Sat john 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 22 Fart 798
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 18 Fart Smoke 633
Debate: Marijuana - Beaumont, TX (Aug '10) Apr 13 TwoBlueDeafEyes 28
News 400-pound alligator moved from Texas pond to pr... Apr 13 TwoBlueDeafEyes 5
thomas ambriati (Nov '11) Apr 13 Ljax1110 19
More from around the web

Beaumont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]