S.Texas sheriff proposing tent city for jail overcrowding

Overcrowding at local jails has spurred Cameron County Sheriff Omar Lucio to propose building a "tent city" to temporarily house inmates. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Hop

United States

#87 Mar 26, 2008
Wow, you are wrong if you think it is ok to have one drink then drive. Tell my friends 10ft under that it is ok. Tell their families, that drinking and driving is ok, as long as no one is hurt...duh. It is only a matter of time till someone gets hurt. Usually people who drink one drink and drive tend to drink more at other times and drive. If you do the crime, you do the time. In a hot sweaty tent is fine by me. Why should you have air conditioning when I do not in my home. You should only be served MRE's and live like rats. Take a look at how the men and women serving this country and dying are living before you complain any further.
Milenko

Falmouth, ME

#88 May 4, 2008
Too damn bad for going there. Shouldn't have broken the law. Take what you deserve
cholo

Phoenix, AZ

#89 Aug 18, 2008
i like it mayne
Dose it matter who I am

Covington, GA

#90 Sep 23, 2010
Bob Gator wrote:
Jasil and prison have never been comparable to a vacation in the Bahamas. There have always been those who will return to jail time and time again. I think the tent city and the pink underwear are a great idea. Jail should be a place that normal people should not want to be subjected to. If normal people are in a place like tent city perhaps they will be taught a lesson. If we can't supply enough cable tv, libraries and excersize rooms etc. maybe some can be saved by this tough love. I live in Acadia Parish La. and we have a very agressive police and Sheriff against drugs and person on person crime. If this could be coupled with tough sentencing and punishment such as no catered meals, living in tents, Pink underwear inside and stripes for the work details, I believe this would reduce the desire to be incarcerated. Some of these are lifetime criminals who are at home in the current system. These criminals need a little "Shock and Awe".
I tell you what I was thinking of your posting but it seems your IQ already shows but I will hope only one day you will see the light. I do know if you took out being able to make a profit and make the city pay for the people they lock up and not the fed Gov. bet there be plenty of room in jail.
KeithAZ

Wimberley, TX

#91 Dec 15, 2011
MJM wrote:
<quoted text>
You lack a bit of credibility considering his name is Joe Arpaio, not Pyle.
You are wrong, Pyle is right for that county. Arpaio does not cover the whole state. But, Pyle is a Arpaio wanabe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaumont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vidor is a godforsaken hellhole (Feb '12) 1 hr Working man 42
Family mourns, without closure after hit and ru... Feb 27 Anne2015 1
Mom opens up natural parenting store in Beaumont Feb 24 Guest 4
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 16 Farts 779
Review: Health & Happiness Gymnastics Center (h... Feb 14 Barbara Longron S... 2
Vidor Music Thread (Sep '13) Feb 13 Barbara Longron S... 9
Vidor is a horrible trashy place (Jun '12) Feb 11 jessica7897 16

Flood Warning for Jefferson County was issued at March 05 at 12:38PM CST

Beaumont Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Beaumont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:24 pm PST