Vidor's Jorgenson found guilty of DWI...

Vidor's Jorgenson found guilty of DWI charge

There are 31 comments on the Orange Leader story from Feb 4, 2009, titled Vidor's Jorgenson found guilty of DWI charge. In it, Orange Leader reports that:

Vidor City Manager Ricky Jorgenson was found guilty Wednesday on charges of driving while intoxicated.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orange Leader.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
becca

United States

#1 Feb 5, 2009
Jorgenson faces up to six months in jail and up to a $2,000 fine for the Class B misdemeanor charges. He could also be sentenced to probation.

Give me a break... No wonder So many people drink and drive, the charges just don't add up. We need stiffer sentences for this kind of stuff..... He could have killed someone.
A Concerned Citizen

United States

#2 Feb 10, 2009
Defense argued that fatigue from 20 hours without sleep caused Ricky to collide with the parked DPS vehicle, while the office worked an accident. Ricky admitted that he had 3 or 4 beers before leaving the club. So, Ricky was fatigued and intoxicated, to some degree, when he collided with the parked DPS car? And, if it were fatigue and just legally intoxicated, to which Ricky admitted, why would he refuse to take a breathalyzer or blood test? Furthermore, if Ricky was not legally intoxicated, why did he hire "an expert" lawyer in DWI matters? Some "expert," indeed. That was a big waste of money, which works for justice. The citizens of Orange County have good common sense and can spot a loser drunk when they hear the evidence.
He was innocent until PROVEN GUILTY in a Court of Law. Now, he faces probation and a fine, with probably no jail time because, as City Council Representative David Slaughter put it, "I don't see why he would need to lose his job so long as probation (or whatever sentence given) doesn't interfere with his job. He's done a fine job." The City Manager should be held to a higher standard of accountability, not to a much lower one than that applied to any common arrogant drunk.
Think about this: Mr. Jorgenson, while awaiting trial, ran a criminal background check on several candidates and then hired the Vidor Chief of Police. That's ridiculous!!!! If he had any sense of ethics, he would have recused himself.

I submit to everyone that Ricky Jorgenson is an arrogant alcoholic who nearly killed a DPS officer and others at an accident scene, while driving while intoxicated (convicted) and "fatigued."

I pray the honorable court sentences this arrogant, criminally negligent drunk jail time and that the Vidor city council take appropriate action.
A Concerned Citizen

United States

#3 Feb 10, 2009
Defense argued that fatigue from 20 hours without sleep caused Ricky to collide with the parked DPS vehicle, while the officer worked an accident. Ricky admitted that he had 3 or 4 beers before leaving the club. So, Ricky was fatigued and intoxicated, to some degree, when he collided with the parked DPS car? And, if it were fatigue and just legally intoxicated, to which Ricky admitted, why would he refuse to take a breathalyzer or blood test? Furthermore, if Ricky was not legally intoxicated, why did he hire "an expert" lawyer in DWI matters? Some "expert," indeed. That was a big waste of money, which works for justice. The citizens of Orange County have good common sense and can spot a loser drunk when they hear the evidence.
He was innocent until PROVEN GUILTY in a Court of Law. Now, he faces probation and a fine, with probably no jail time because, as City Council Representative David Slaughter put it, "I don't see why he would need to lose his job so long as probation (or whatever sentence given) doesn't interfere with his job. He's done a fine job." The City Manager should be held to a higher standard of accountability, not to a much lower one than that applied to any common arrogant drunk.
Think about this: Mr. Jorgenson, while awaiting trial, ran a criminal background check on several candidates and then hired the Vidor Chief of Police. That's ridiculous!!!! If he had any sense of ethics, he would have recused himself.

I submit to everyone that Ricky Jorgenson is an arrogant alcoholic who nearly killed a DPS officer and others at an accident scene, while driving while intoxicated (convicted) and "fatigued."

I pray the honorable court sentences this arrogant, criminally negligent drunk jail time and that the Vidor city council take appropriate action.
A Concerned Citizen

United States

#4 Feb 10, 2009
Defense argued that fatigue from 20 hours without sleep caused Ricky to collide with the parked DPS vehicle, while the officer worked an accident. Ricky admitted that he had 3 or 4 beers before leaving the club. So, Ricky was fatigued and intoxicated, to some degree, when he collided with the parked DPS car. And, if it were fatigue and just legally intoxication, to which Ricky admitted, why would he refuse to take a breathalyzer or blood test? Furthermore, if Ricky was not legally intoxicated, why did he hire "an expert" lawyer in DWI matters? Some "expert," indeed. That was a big waste of money, which works for justice. The citizens of Orange County have good common sense and can spot a loser drunk when they hear the evidence.
He was innocent until PROVEN GUILTY in a Court of Law. Now, he faces probation and a fine, with probably no jail time. He may keep his job, as City Council Representative David Slaughter put it, "I don't see why he would need to lose his job so long as probation (or whatever sentence given) doesn't interfere with his job. He's done a fine job." The City Manager should be held to a higher standard of accountability, not to a much lower one than that which would be applied to any common arrogant drunk driver.
Think about this: Mr. Jorgenson, while awaiting trial, ran a criminal background check on several candidates and then hired the Vidor Chief of Police. That's ridiculous!!!! If he had any sense of ethics, he would have recused himself.

I submit to everyone that Ricky Jorgenson is an arrogant alcoholic who nearly killed a DPS officer and others at an accident scene, while driving while intoxicated (convicted) and "fatigued."

I pray the Honorable Court sentences this arrogant, criminally negligent drunk jail time and that the Vidor city council take appropriate action. It's been 3.5 years, and it's time for justice to prevail.
A Concerned Citizen

United States

#5 Feb 10, 2009
To the editor, please remove the first 2 posts. I had to make corrections twice, and it posted all three statements in full. The last one is the only one that needs posting. Sorry. Thank you.

“Quietly Watchin'”

Since: Feb 09

Vidor

#6 Feb 15, 2009
If my memory serves me, "collide" is a bit strong for clipping off the side view mirror of the police car. You make is sound like he rammed into it and then took off! Not the case! Also, he was punished by the city coucil by being placed on unpaid suspension for almost 2 months. There is no mention of this in any of your postings. Also missing in your postings, is that up until that night, he had a clean record with no previous offenses. If you're going to tell a story, tell the whole story! I say give the guy a break! We all make mistakes one time or another and I think he's paid enough!
backroadboy

United States

#7 Feb 16, 2009
watchin wrote:
If my memory serves me, "collide" is a bit strong for clipping off the side view mirror of the police car. You make is sound like he rammed into it and then took off! Not the case! Also, he was punished by the city coucil by being placed on unpaid suspension for almost 2 months. There is no mention of this in any of your postings. Also missing in your postings, is that up until that night, he had a clean record with no previous offenses. If you're going to tell a story, tell the whole story! I say give the guy a break! We all make mistakes one time or another and I think he's paid enough!
I agree. give the guy a break. Should there be similar infractions, tougher measures may be brought against him.

After all, people that have made much worse "mistakes" are being confirmed to presidential cabinet posts. Leave the dude alone.
Concerned Citizen

United States

#9 May 3, 2009
The facts submitted in my post are correct. Thank God he didn't kill the officer or persons in the accident that DPS was working. He did collide with the DPS car and he did NOT stop. I don't care if he had never been caught drinking and driving before, he is GUILTY, as evidenced by the finding of the jury in the trial.

If Mr. Jorgensen would make a public apology, an expression of remorse for his actions, I would be satisfied. He is an appointed official and should be held to a higher degree of accountability. I have ZERO tolerance for people who get DRUNK and then get into a vehicle and take MY LIFE, MY FAMILY's LIVES, and the lives of everyone into his own hands because he is too irresponsible to take a cab home.

Since the court has sentenced him, it would go along way with the citizens of Vidor and Beaumont for him to make a public apology. This would benefit his reputation and show that he admits he was wrong. Until then, I presume what I've seen:
an arrogant, irresponsible convicted drunk.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#10 May 3, 2009
Concerned Citizen wrote:
The facts submitted in my post are correct. Thank God he didn't kill the officer or persons in the accident that DPS was working. He did collide with the DPS car and he did NOT stop. I don't care if he had never been caught drinking and driving before, he is GUILTY, as evidenced by the finding of the jury in the trial.
If Mr. Jorgensen would make a public apology, an expression of remorse for his actions, I would be satisfied. He is an appointed official and should be held to a higher degree of accountability. I have ZERO tolerance for people who get DRUNK and then get into a vehicle and take MY LIFE, MY FAMILY's LIVES, and the lives of everyone into his own hands because he is too irresponsible to take a cab home.
Since the court has sentenced him, it would go along way with the citizens of Vidor and Beaumont for him to make a public apology. This would benefit his reputation and show that he admits he was wrong. Until then, I presume what I've seen:
an arrogant, irresponsible convicted drunk.
You sure are angry.

What happened, did Ricky steal your tricycle as a child?
Concerned Citizen

United States

#11 May 3, 2009
Apparently this is not the forum to voice opinion about personal responsibility and accountability in government. The only people who respond defend drinking while driving and probably other illegal activity.
I hope no one ever kills someone in your family because they were too stupid and drunk to be responsible.
Any further discussion on this particular forum is really pointless and a big waste of time. It takes a real man to stand up to what is wrong. Apparently, no one on this forum qualifies. Sad.

I'm moving on.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#12 May 3, 2009
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Apparently this is not the forum to voice opinion about personal responsibility and accountability in government. The only people who respond defend drinking while driving and probably other illegal activity.
I hope no one ever kills someone in your family because they were too stupid and drunk to be responsible.
Any further discussion on this particular forum is really pointless and a big waste of time. It takes a real man to stand up to what is wrong. Apparently, no one on this forum qualifies. Sad.
I'm moving on.
Sure you can voice your opinion, that's what the place is for.

I can offer you a tissue for your temper tantrum on this same public forum.
concerned citizen

Beaumont, TX

#13 May 4, 2009
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you can voice your opinion, that's what the place is for.
I can offer you a tissue for your temper tantrum on this same public forum.
It's not a temper tantrum, and I don't need your tissue, Ma'am. You continue to be the lady that you are, and I will move on to a forum that is not filled with people who sympathize with drunks. Good luck to you ma'am.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#14 May 4, 2009
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a temper tantrum, and I don't need your tissue, Ma'am. You continue to be the lady that you are, and I will move on to a forum that is not filled with people who sympathize with drunks. Good luck to you ma'am.
Yet here you still are, ranting and raving just as before.

I'm sticking with the hypothesis that you've got some type of vendetta against Ricky Jorgensen.

“Quietly Watchin'”

Since: Feb 09

Vidor

#15 May 5, 2009
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Apparently this is not the forum to voice opinion about personal responsibility and accountability in government. The only people who respond defend drinking while driving and probably other illegal activity.
I hope no one ever kills someone in your family because they were too stupid and drunk to be responsible.
Any further discussion on this particular forum is really pointless and a big waste of time. It takes a real man to stand up to what is wrong. Apparently, no one on this forum qualifies. Sad.
I'm moving on.
Since you're "movin' on" you won't see this. I feel that anyone who drinks and drives is playing Russian Roulette, not only with others lives, but their own as well. However, having said that, I try not to judge people and unless you are without any guilt of any kind, you might rethink your words. Offering an opinion is one thing, calling people names is childish and incitive.

“Quietly Watchin'”

Since: Feb 09

Vidor

#16 May 5, 2009
... and yes, I'm still watchin'
Xcntrikhin

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#17 May 5, 2009
charmer motho eno ha se taba ya hore ha abapala mantlwane kapa jwang o qetwa ke ho nahana hore o wa tseba kanti no,ha a tsebe hore o rata the guy or not coz if ba ne ba ratana sa mampela nkabe ba entse ntho eno feela yes nkabe ele painful but ke boikarabelo babona ba le babedi to make it less painful as possible and ba e etse with passion bale babedi not ba e etse for the sake of doing it,ha ba sure ba lebabedi hore ba batlanang

&fe ature=related
DO NOT EVER TREAD ON ME

Beaumont, TX

#18 May 11, 2009
The convicted drunk is convicted. If he completes his probation period with no new violations and meets all probation conditions, he will have a new chance at life. If he ever hurts or kills anyone in my family because of drinking while driving, woe to him. ONLY the law will protect him, and he will beg for incarceration. I wish him the best of luck, staying away from the DEMON of alcohol

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#19 May 11, 2009
DO NOT EVER TREAD ON ME wrote:
The convicted drunk is convicted. If he completes his probation period with no new violations and meets all probation conditions, he will have a new chance at life. If he ever hurts or kills anyone in my family because of drinking while driving, woe to him. ONLY the law will protect him, and he will beg for incarceration. I wish him the best of luck, staying away from the DEMON of alcohol
Demon of alcohol?

Are you a christian fundamentalist?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#20 May 12, 2009
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Demon of alcohol?
Are you a christian fundamentalist?
Just fair warning to him or anyone who hurts my family.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#21 May 12, 2009
Jeet Kune Do Master wrote:
<quoted text>
Just fair warning to him or anyone who hurts my family.
Ooh, I know I'm scared.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaumont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert "bobby"Holland (May '10) 10 hr Too much drama 6
vidor water Sep 2 gorillawarfarin 2
News Wind damage in Mid-County; Neches River t (Sep '08) Aug 30 MrsWolfgang96 13
travis family murder (Jun '08) Aug '17 i remember 36
James Urban Aug '17 Curious 1
Hello Aug '17 Hello 1
The Uncle Willie Show (Apr '07) Jul '17 angel_above 76

Beaumont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beaumont Mortgages