What are some of the biggest/current issues in the Beaumont area right now?

Posted in the Beaumont Forum

MattR

Denham Springs, LA

#1 Aug 31, 2012
Journalist moving to the area for a job and looking to get a feel for what people are talking about for story ideas, etc. Any ideas? What are the issues facing the community? Thanks!
Concerned Vidorian

Vidor, TX

#2 Sep 16, 2012
Vidor BB Festival. Something no right about the way it was handled this year....I still wonder if it is totally legal to take Vidor city "HOT" tax money and spend it outside of the city. Law describes Vidor as inside the city limits. Not just because you have a Vidor address. Sure they have been doing it...That could just mean no one has complained to the right state people. I was out last night. I noticed that there wasn't a large number of people at our motels...The main rule to spending "HOT" tax money is it must "put heads in beds". I don't see this event doing what the law requires for the use of this money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaumont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 6 min Joen 18,739
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 54 min stupid people 375
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 55 min stupid people 682
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 2 hr fubar 590
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 11 hr Fossilfartz 22,728
The Uncle Willie Show (Apr '07) Sep 27 uncle willie winner2 66
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Sep 26 Fossilfarts 802
Beaumont Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Beaumont Jobs

Beaumont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Beaumont News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beaumont

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]