New Movie to Begin Filming in Beaumont

Full story: KBTV Beaumont

Southeast Texas is getting a taste of Hollywood with a new movie set to be filmed this summer in Beaumont and surrounding areas.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
anonymous minority

Beaumont, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2006

Judged:

How about a movie that shows the true values that plague Vidor tx like the abundant racism that continues to this very day. Make sure to have those hand painted signs up so that hollywood can get a taste of what vidor has to offer.
anna

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2006

Judged:

anonymous minority wrote:
How about a movie that shows the true values that plague Vidor tx like the abundant racism that continues to this very day. Make sure to have those hand painted signs up so that hollywood can get a taste of what vidor has to offer.
You can not just sit there and talk about racism in one southeast texas town...its everywhere down there. Jasper (everyone knows what happened there) Lumberton..its not just Vidor. I myself have grew up in Vidor and i do agree that racism is still there but it has came along way. Just 10-13 years ago i remember seeing the KKK on main street handing out flyer's but you dont see that know more. So to sit there and name just one town is not fair nor right. Racism is everywhere and i think that is something you have yet to learn.
tom arizona

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2006

Judged:

RACISM IS A LEARNED DISEASE.PREJUDISE EXIST AMONG ALL WHO CAN SEE. A BLIND MAN DOESN'T KNOW RACISM BUT CAN BE TAUGHT TO HATE. IF WE SAW A ROSE IN THE MIDDLE OF A CACTUS POD WE'D WANT TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THIS UNIQUE SIGHT. BUT IF WE SAW A CACTUS AT THE BASE OF A ROSE BUSH WE'D WANT TO GET THE HOE AND RIP IT OUT BECAUSE IT DOES NOT BELONG. IF THE RACIST WERE SO RIGHTEOUS THEY WOULD REALIZE THAT GOD MADE AND LOVES ALL OF US RED,YELLOW,BLACK AND WHITE.

“The Indestructible Mooze”

Since: Feb 09

Moozetown, Watacountry

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

anna wrote:
<quoted text>You can not just sit there and talk about racism in one southeast texas town...its everywhere down there. Jasper (everyone knows what happened there) Lumberton..its not just Vidor. I myself have grew up in Vidor and i do agree that racism is still there but it has came along way. Just 10-13 years ago i remember seeing the KKK on main street handing out flyer's but you dont see that know more. So to sit there and name just one town is not fair nor right. Racism is everywhere and i think that is something you have yet to learn.
So ? Making a movie will show both sides of the story, won't it ?

Moozetown, Watacountry

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2009

Judged:

tom arizona wrote:
RACISM IS A LEARNED DISEASE.PREJUDISE EXIST AMONG ALL WHO CAN SEE. A BLIND MAN DOESN'T KNOW RACISM BUT CAN BE TAUGHT TO HATE. IF WE SAW A ROSE IN THE MIDDLE OF A CACTUS POD WE'D WANT TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THIS UNIQUE SIGHT. BUT IF WE SAW A CACTUS AT THE BASE OF A ROSE BUSH WE'D WANT TO GET THE HOE AND RIP IT OUT BECAUSE IT DOES NOT BELONG. IF THE RACIST WERE SO RIGHTEOUS THEY WOULD REALIZE THAT GOD MADE AND LOVES ALL OF US RED,YELLOW,BLACK AND WHITE.
Can a blind man smell the difference between black & white ?

Moozetown, Watacountry

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Judged:

potrezebie wrote:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Yes isn't Texas the home of chainsaw massacres ?

What about "Vidor Chainsaw Massacre" ?
cajak34

Orange, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Judged:

anna wrote:
<quoted text>You can not just sit there and talk about racism in one southeast texas town...its everywhere down there. Jasper (everyone knows what happened there) Lumberton..its not just Vidor. I myself have grew up in Vidor and i do agree that racism is still there but it has came along way. Just 10-13 years ago i remember seeing the KKK on main street handing out flyer's but you dont see that know more. So to sit there and name just one town is not fair nor right. Racism is everywhere and i think that is something you have yet to learn.
people especially minorities always want to point out racism as if it just is against minorities. how about when a caucasian gets lost in a minority region and a black or hispanic assaults them or robs them just because they are whire? is this not racism? or when a person gets a job just because of their race and not their qualifications? couldn't this be racism? so see i believe that racism does exist and it not only applies to minorities but none of your "civil rights leaders" want to discuss that. they all just think it applies to minorities, and until your so called leaders own up to the fact that there is racism on both sides of the coin then the only ones that is going to be pointed out is when the minorities are not treated fairly, esprcially in the eyes and the mind of the minorities

Moozetown, Watacountry

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Judged:

cajak34 wrote:
<quoted text> people especially minorities always want to point out racism as if it just is against minorities. how about when a caucasian gets lost in a minority region and a black or hispanic assaults them or robs them just because they are whire? is this not racism? or when a person gets a job just because of their race and not their qualifications? couldn't this be racism? so see i believe that racism does exist and it not only applies to minorities but none of your "civil rights leaders" want to discuss that. they all just think it applies to minorities, and until your so called leaders own up to the fact that there is racism on both sides of the coin then the only ones that is going to be pointed out is when the minorities are not treated fairly, esprcially in the eyes and the mind of the minorities
It would seem then that racism rears its ugly head in many different forms in the seemingly innocent town of Vidor in South East Texas, doesn't it ?
R Kirkland

Beaumont, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Judged:

That is bullshit ! As a resident i say you people are living in the past, like the 80's. There is a diverse amt of interracial couples and kids here. Or should i put that in your ghetto language?
They be lots of blacks and whites, ya know homey tipes that stays in vidor, lotsa bright color kids in da skoolz. Get a pimp man and know it b'fore you claim it.
R Kirkland

Beaumont, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Judged:

Vidor is a
beautifully diverse place, before dark.
After dark, you r on ur own!
R Kirkland

Beaumont, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Judged:

FULL OF BULL caca!
Optimistic

Nome, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

Judged:

Here we go again. What is it with Vidor? There are many towns that have been in the news, but still the minorities have to rant on Vidor. Vidor is a good town with some of the best teachers in our schools. And to R Kirkland, what is this about on your own after dark? It's no different than any other town. I'm so sick and tired of people dissing Vidor. Maybe you need to look in your own mirror in your home and in your TOWN. Is your town any better. NOT!! Beaumont? you couldn't pay me enough to live there! You have to watch your life going down some of those streets at night. Drive by shootings, robberies, rapes, assaults, don't need it. Very happy where I live in Vidor and I'm sure I speak for the majority there. People need to let go of the past and look toward the future.
Optimistic

Nome, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

Judged:

To the first post, why did you have to bring that up about a movie being filmed in Beaumont. I think all you wanted to do was start some crap. Maybe you need to lay in your own, oh, maybe you already are.
gotcha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

I don't see why people single out vidor why? what happend there? I mean It's not jasper.
EViL I

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

Judged:

gotcha wrote:
I don't see why people single out vidor why? what happend there? I mean It's not jasper.
Ithink a chapter of the klan use to operate out of there, or mbet still does?
tired of racist people

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2010

You still don't get it!!! Minorities had to have laws made to protect them from being passed over by racist people. If people weren't racist, the laws would not be needed. Open your eyes and see the big picture. It seems that racist people are always looking at what is done for those who are minorities while the non-minorities have every opportunity there is in the world. Stop hating and just live.
It's a shame that laws had to be made to protect minorities against racist people and as long as non-minorities think the way you and they do and teach their kids the same thing, the ugly legacy of "non-minorities" thinking they are superior will continue. Thus, laws to protect minorities will continue.
Non-minorities are so blind. They create problems against minorities and always blame the after-effects on the minorities instead of looking in the mirror, AT THEMSELVES!!!
tired of racist people

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2010

Thank your ancestors for the horrible history they have left in Vidor. It's not happening to you, that's why you don't see it. It's happening to people who don't look like you.
Optimistic wrote:
Here we go again. What is it with Vidor? There are many towns that have been in the news, but still the minorities have to rant on Vidor. Vidor is a good town with some of the best teachers in our schools. And to R Kirkland, what is this about on your own after dark? It's no different than any other town. I'm so sick and tired of people dissing Vidor. Maybe you need to look in your own mirror in your home and in your TOWN. Is your town any better. NOT!! Beaumont? you couldn't pay me enough to live there! You have to watch your life going down some of those streets at night. Drive by shootings, robberies, rapes, assaults, don't need it. Very happy where I live in Vidor and I'm sure I speak for the majority there. People need to let go of the past and look toward the future.
tired of racist people

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2010

You should be ashamed stereotyping a group like that. I think you are just jealous that they have come up with a language that you and your people don't understand. It's called "Ebonics" and they are proud of their heritage. You better watch it, your own kids are copying everything they do and loving it!! They have SOUL now!!!
R Kirkland wrote:
<quoted text>
That is bullshit ! As a resident i say you people are living in the past, like the 80's. There is a diverse amt of interracial couples and kids here. Or should i put that in your ghetto language?
They be lots of blacks and whites, ya know homey tipes that stays in vidor, lotsa bright color kids in da skoolz. Get a pimp man and know it b'fore you claim it.
art

Dayton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Any way you put it, cant stop it. Gods plan. I must say beautiful kids. The black and white mix. You see you are making your life a stressful one tripping on love life between the two races, cant stop it . You know once you go BLACK...... YOU KNOW THE REST. sTILL I SAY beautiful kids. love them and respect them. Might as well.
I see the truth

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Watamooze wrote:
<quoted text>
It would seem then that racism rears its ugly head in many different forms in the seemingly innocent town of Vidor in South East Texas, doesn't it ?
Thank you for taking the words right out of my mouth. Thin people supposely are racist toward heavy people. But what about when the heavy people hate on a thin person - just because they are thin. That's another form of racism. But if a thin person points that out, then society shuns them.
SO MANY FORMS OF RACISM - WAY TOO MANY TO NAME.
So why not just quote the bible. Do unto others as you would like done to you.
AMEN.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Beaumont Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Beaumont Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Beaumont People Search