Lesser charge, lighter penalty in tot...

Lesser charge, lighter penalty in tot's death

There are 22 comments on the Beaumont Enterprise story from Jan 11, 2006, titled Lesser charge, lighter penalty in tot's death. In it, Beaumont Enterprise reports that:

Orange County Sheriff's Deputy Harry Meaux, left, leads Lewis Todd O'Dell, 41, of Buna, right, from the Orange County Jail to the Orange County Courthouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Beaumont Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
not surprised

College Station, TX

#21 May 5, 2011
I sat and read all of the comments, I know first hand the lifestyle of both the boyfriend and the mother and no neither one of them were living a life that was suitable for a baby. That was not the first time the baby was in a motel you forget there was witnesses to that fact. They both were adults and chose to do what they were doing. Evidently "amazed" you didnt know either of them the way you thought you did, if your family Im am sure they kept alot from you. Rumors and gossip do make things alot worse. If someone wanted to spend alot of money this all could be re-opened and the outcome I assure you would be alot different. I have reveiwed the case file and there was no video. The mother was very lucky. Lets hope her new child is important enough for to change the way she was living.
amazed wrote:
You say you followed this storey close? then why is it that you know so little? First of all the child wasnt drug from sitter to sitter and wasnt drug from motel to motel. In fact this was the first time the child had ever stayed in a hotel and it was due to the fact they were waiting on an aparment. it was for a few days. An the mother didnt live a partying/disfunctional lifestyle. Going out once a weekend is not disfunctional. Lots of normal loving people and parents do it. And as far as implicating the boyfriend..it took the girl a while before she even believed he would do such a thing herself. Or maybe it was she didnt want to believe she trusted such a person to be around her child. Regardless.. the fact of the matter is that this case was investigated for over a year before anything happend. Obviously they had a reason to believe that he was guilty to have persued this in the first place. And after watching him and checking in to his lifestyle they found out the truth. Maybe you should get all your fact together and then tell me what you think. otherwise i wouldnt write things about people and cases i didnt know about. it really can make a person look stupid. In this case im sorry to say thats exactly what you sound like. STUPID!!<quoted text>
DRYMAN_Hodie

Jasper, TX

#22 Jan 22, 2013
amazed wrote:
your talking about a 40 year old man and a twenty something year old girl. Your telling me she got him involved in a lifestyle of partys and drugs. How stupid can you be. And a little fyi. She was not kicked out of her parents house because of not taking care of her child. She moved out because her parents didnt approve of her dating this man. And have you thought for one minute that people have different ways of expressing their emotions. Have you concidered a state of shock and disbeleif. Maybe a little numb. You can say you will react a certain way but you never know until it happens to you. And my advice to you is not judge someone over things you hear. Thats how rumors get started. <quoted text>
Wanted to address this..
Its been 7 years and nothing going to change whats been done. Still to this day I know Todd did not do this.. In reply to your question, that is exactly what I am saying she got him involved. You said it yourself a 40yr man married with 3 kids and a 20yr girl that party's every weekend.. Hmm!? Duh, Who had the party life first? How stupid can YOU be!? I don't wanna hear " don't say nothing if you don't know facts" Idc how long you've known her. You don't know who your talking to. I have known Todd my whole life and I was involved in the hearings,court, statements etc. SO HUSH!! And addressing Her not showing emotion at the hospital until a hour later. Was simply a FACT. No reaction concerned the staff at the hospital.So if they raised an eyebrow when they deal with having to tell mothers news like that daily. hmmm. So don't try to come here about not knowing anything about the case.. All in All He will have people always support him no matter what and she will have people support her . No since of debating it . No way in hell I'll ever change my mind or ever stop defending him!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaumont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking of moving May 15 Crymcglahan 1
vpd officer Laredo lying coward citizens beware... (Jun '13) May 14 Mamas baby 8
Discrimination is wrong May 12 Fred 3
News Gas near $3 a gallon (Jan '11) May 5 Th3 Equalizer 92
Vidor is a horrible trashy place (Jun '12) May 4 CeCe 39
Review: AAA Appliance (Oct '13) Apr '17 sanctified96 3
Beaumont Federal Prison (Jun '07) Apr '17 Live and let live 116

Beaumont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beaumont Mortgages