SUBWAY has gone to shit
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
facts

Booneville, KY

#1 May 29, 2011
I was there yesterday and an elderly man had ordered 5 sandwiches. It took a while but that was not the concern. After he had paid and was approx 5- 10 feet from the register on his way out, the cashier there named Sue said " God if you cant make your mind up before you get here dont even come to subway". I guess this old man did not tell her what he wanted to eat quick enough. I didnt know that we worked for them, not the other way around. I am done with subway
true

Macon, GA

#2 May 29, 2011
facts i agree with you its went to the dogs i seen man crazy ellen shewwmaker over there loading her kin folk down with items on thier sub.i havent been back in 2 months ellen doesnt wash her hands and look who shes married to im sure there are rules for food handling im sure that no 1 wants to eat after her that place stinks maybe now she will leave other men alone that comein there she got her a real prize when she got dan aint the man
facts

Booneville, KY

#3 May 29, 2011
I have to disagree on the elen bashing, but you are entitled to your opinion. I just hated to see an elderly man talked to like an animal.
Chief Thundercloud

AOL

#4 May 29, 2011
facts wrote:
I have to disagree on the elen bashing, but you are entitled to your opinion. I just hated to see an elderly man talked to like an animal.
-
----------
If this be true, and I assume it is, I hope that the sizeable tip that you left her was the advice that she "should talk kind to the customers, especially the elderly"...... Thank you for letting us know of this incident.... We will not patronize this establishment.

The management should be made aware of this type of behavior by the employee.....
facts

Booneville, KY

#5 May 29, 2011
One can only hope that they get the message
ha ha ha

Winchester, KY

#6 May 29, 2011
Chief Thundercloud wrote:
<quoted text>-
----------
If this be true, and I assume it is, I hope that the sizeable tip that you left her was the advice that she "should talk kind to the customers, especially the elderly"...... Thank you for letting us know of this incident.... We will not patronize this establishment.
The management should be made aware of this type of behavior by the employee.....
The management does not care. They fired one of their best employees (Penny) back in the winter because she was trying to be professional and do things the right way.

It's a shame all we have is DQ and Subway for quick-serve restaurants. We could really use a Wendy's or a McDonald's or even a Taco Bell.
for real

Raccoon, KY

#7 May 30, 2011
she cussed bonnie that is not professional if you ask anybody
Haha

Pikeville, KY

#8 May 30, 2011
ha ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>
The management does not care. They fired one of their best employees (Penny) back in the winter because she was trying to be professional and do things the right way.
It's a shame all we have is DQ and Subway for quick-serve restaurants. We could really use a Wendy's or a McDonald's or even a Taco Bell.
Doesn't surprise me any. Ellen is a total bitch. I refuse to go to Subway in Lee County at all costs because of her. I go to Estill instead when I'm in town or anywhere else.
Beattyville resident

Waco, KY

#9 Jun 3, 2011
It's not just subway. Iknow Shell Mart makes a fortune, but I don't know how. Every time I go down to order a pizza, the pizza maker snarls who nose because she has to fix it, the check out guy is so rude it's unbelievable, and what other store doesn't have chicken and wedges ready for the 5:00 rush? They have yet to have what I want to eat when I go down there and I have gone down at different times and different days. I don't get it. I guess when you have NO competition you can treat people any way you want and not have the items on hand that you advertise.
i think

Raccoon, KY

#10 Jun 3, 2011
i think the food sucks anyways the chicken and taters are almost burned black and people are hardly even able to eat them someone should contact the manager of the shell mart and they need more workers everytime i go in there it is a 10+ min wait
Shells the same

Macon, GA

#11 Jun 3, 2011
i think wrote:
i think the food sucks anyways the chicken and taters are almost burned black and people are hardly even able to eat them someone should contact the manager of the shell mart and they need more workers everytime i go in there it is a 10+ min wait
I agreee! and the people who work in there are so unfriendly, that one woman won't even talk, that's no way to operate a business. They should fire the whole lot and hire people who know how to be personable and actually try to give their customers the best possible food and service.
frank

Manchester, KY

#12 Jun 4, 2011
i havent ate at subway in over a month last time i was in there i had to wait over a hour and still didnt get what i wanted then her husband came in and he got the biggest sub ive ever seen i bet she put 5 pc of chicken on a sub and then said he had reward points and got it for free only way to keep a man is feed him lol
BackatCha

Ladson, SC

#13 Jun 4, 2011
Go on line to this link and file your complaints with Subway Corporate.

http://www.subway.com/Applications/CustServic...

Make your case, be specific, dates, times, events. Remember Subway is a franchise, and Fred DeLuca has written some pretty stiff penalties for screwing up the Subway rules.

Put the owners on report!
pam

Lexington, KY

#14 Jun 4, 2011
you watched under cover boss didntchya?
good girl

Hazard, KY

#15 Jun 7, 2011
they need to do something they are so slow
ive worked for subway and

Nerinx, KY

#16 Jul 17, 2011
ive worked for subway and this is the slowest one i have ever been in. Every time i go in there big ellen messes my sub up. how do u mess something up when their standing there telling you what they want on it? Big ellen needs to pay attention to her job and not everything else going on. I think they need to get her big butt out of there, she looks like shes eating up all the profit. thats crazy when the manager of the place cant make a sandwich right. they take for ever to get you out. it shouldnt take 15 minutes to make 2 subs.
you are right

Raccoon, KY

#17 Jul 17, 2011
i agree with ive worked for subway and that place really needs something done about it
speedie

Lancaster, WI

#18 Jul 17, 2011
ellen has always been nice to me but nice don't cut it when your in a hurry they sure could speed things up a bit
True

Chesterfield, MO

#19 Jul 21, 2011
That old man more than likely came in there with the $25 dollars he made from selling a pill to a kid and demanded a sandwich. Then 5. Then was too high to realize what the hell he wanted.

Some people have obviously never personally dealt with the public in the last few years.
bud

Macon, GA

#20 Jul 24, 2011
somedays subway is good and somedays subway is slow. but are you really going to jump on people that have to stand there under the pressure of you staring at them while they make your sandwhich. they are a cashier combined with a cook. they do both jobs, but atleast they are working unlike many able folk who don't even try to find a job. and trust being a cashier and dealing with people can really get to you by the end of the day. but obviously some of you have forgot what it is like to have to work a job like that. and they really messed up when they fired shelly cause she was one of the quickest and best workers they had.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beattyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last one to post wins (Jan '11) 35 min Princess Hey 69
Where is Jamie Fultz 1 hr XXX 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr CNN 789
Brianna-Donnie MacIntosh 20 hr Looking 1
defeat Obama loving Cluster Howard (Dec '15) Sun yeah 20
just wondering Sat curious 3
Amy Thacker Sat XXX 2

Beattyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beattyville Mortgages