dating guys 10 years younger than you

Posted in the Beattyville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wondering

Jackson, KY

#1 May 2, 2009
i think it is soooooo crazy for these old women to want to date a young guy. Take it from me i am a guy im 21 and i would never want to date anyone over 5 years older than me. What up in this town. these young boys using these old women for a place to eat and sleep. dont make no sense! i dont want to go to bed with somebody my mommys age. i want a young and sexy lady... yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Apr 09

Pikeville, KY

#2 May 2, 2009
In the dating game, these facts are certain: Not every pickup attempt will land a date, not every date will be perfect, and every relationship, except The One, will end in tears. Taking these guarantees on the chin is perhaps the cardinal rule of dating. Don't dwell on the bad times -- learn from them, and get yourself ready to approach the next girl.

“I'm the real Rusty Shackleford”

Arlen, Texas

#3 May 2, 2009
Nancy is just right.

Pikeville, KY

#4 May 2, 2009
Roses are red, Violets are blue. Some poems rhyme, this one doesn't.

Pikeville, KY

#6 May 4, 2009
The average four year-old child asks over four hundred questions a day.
Big Papa

United States

#7 May 4, 2009
I love older women, they know what they are doing

Pikeville, KY

#8 May 4, 2009
"I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
whatever

London, KY

#9 May 5, 2009
dating a older woman is not cool.
who are you talking about.
been there done that

Mount Sterling, KY

#10 May 5, 2009
what do you care if it isn't cool.
whatever

London, KY

#11 May 5, 2009
been there done that wrote:
what do you care if it isn't cool.
i guess you learn by mistakes.
sugar daddyyyyyy

Irvine, KY

#12 May 5, 2009
Tell them been there done that its if you like older women.I dated one once and she knew what she was doing.So go F___ your self.

Pikeville, KY

#13 May 5, 2009
In 1883 Mr Henry Ziegland, broke off a relationship with his girlfriend who consequently committed suicide.

The girl's brother was so enraged that he hunted down Ziegland and shot him.
whatever

London, KY

#14 May 5, 2009
sugar daddyyyyyy wrote:
Tell them been there done that its if you like older women.I dated one once and she knew what she was doing.So go F___ your self.
you learn by your mitakes.but people ever learn.
Minding your business

United States

#15 May 5, 2009
Well let me tell you at the age I am (44) I have noticed that there aren't any men worth dating in Lee County. IF there is and that is a big if I have not found them... I have lived here 14 years and there aren't many men I would even consider.

They seem not to know that they are not supposed to be screwing around with their exs or maybe someone else.

I do not see anything wrong with dating a man who is 10 years younger than yourself. If he makes you happy... he works and doesn't mind helping with the bills and does not try to dictate what you are supposed to do with your money then by all means.... date him.

Most of the men I have met want you to take care of them while they don't work and want you to provide for them....

Notice to the men of Lee County and anyone else.... MEN ARE SUPPOSED TO LOVE THE WOMEN THEY ARE DATING OR MARRIED TO AND THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF THEM NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!

“I'm the real Rusty Shackleford”

Arlen, Texas

#16 May 5, 2009
Older woman seduces younger man. Sound familiar? It's a scene from the 1967 coming-of-age classic "The Graduate."

But high-profile Hollywood couples like Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins (12 years her junior)-- who met and began dating while filming an on-screen romance in the 1988 movie "Bull Durham" -- have proven that life can indeed imitate art when it comes to matters of the heart.
Theirs, however, is a real-life love story of an older woman and younger man -- something that is not so uncommon nowadays. A 2003 study by AARP revealed that 34 percent of all women over 40 in the survey were dating younger men, and 35 percent preferred it to dating older men.
"Societal attitudes have definitely changed," says Susan Winter, 52, co-author of "Older Women, Younger Men: New Options for Love and Romance" -- and she would know. At age 40, she was dating a 19-year-old. "We had to break it off. Quite frankly, his mother made it so impossible," Winter says of the six-year relationship, which inspired her book. "But (that kind of discrimination) would not be allowable now."
Hollywood in particular has defied the ageism stereotype, with celebrities like Madonna and Demi Moore marrying significantly younger men (a 10- and 15-year age gap, respectively, with director Guy Ritchie and actor Ashton Kutcher), and the public has come to accept it. Photo See photos of some famous May-December couples ╗
Moreover, says Winter, women have experienced a significant financial and status shift over the past half-century. "When women as a group are able to have their own economic and social standing and have a power base, they are now able to pick the man that they want rather than having to choose the man to support them and give them social status," Winter explains. "Now we have choices."
But these relationships aren't always portrayed in a positive light. Terms like "cougar" (slang for an older woman seeking a younger man) depict the woman as a predator, rather than an empowered, independent and loving person.

NBC aired a reality dating show this summer -- "Age of Love" -- that pitted women in their 20s against women in their 40s in a battle for the heart of tennis star Mark Philippoussis. Meanwhile, online dating sites like GoCougar.com urge older women who seek younger men to "get what you want."
Such pairings can and do work.
Mary Pender, 37, a high school special education teacher in Huntington Beach, California, connected with a truck driver seven years her junior who she met on an online dating site. Though she'd always dated older men before, she "thought it was exciting to date someone younger" -- and, as it turned out, he thought it'd be just as exciting a match.
"He thinks it's cool that I am comfortable in my sexuality," says Pender. "He likes that I am secure in our relationship and I have my own things to do without him."
Indeed, the idea of dating an older woman is titillating for some younger guys. Jeremy Abelson, a self-styled dating impresario who organized the Natural Selection Speed Date event that paired wealthy bachelors with beautiful women this past February in New York City, can see the appeal.
wondering

Irvine, KY

#17 May 5, 2009
whatever you ppl say.
are you kidding

United States

#18 May 5, 2009
wondering wrote:
i think it is soooooo crazy for these old women to want to date a young guy. Take it from me i am a guy im 21 and i would never want to date anyone over 5 years older than me. What up in this town. these young boys using these old women for a place to eat and sleep. dont make no sense! i dont want to go to bed with somebody my mommys age. i want a young and sexy lady... yeah!!!!!!!!!!
You have to be joking. When I was 21 I lusted over older women in their 30s, 40s and 50s, even. Older women just look so much hotter and they are more experienced lovers. If given a choice between a sexy girl my age and a sexy woman 20 years older, I'd go for the older woman every time. There's just something about them that is so d*mn sexy.

Pikeville, KY

#19 May 5, 2009
It is said that in today's world, every other marriage will end in divorce. Unfortunately that is a very sad statement, but it's true. That leaves a lot of women in their 40s, 50s, and 60s, single, a lot of men too, butů men in their 40s, 50s, and 60s, seem to only want to date women in their 20s, or 30s. So where does that leave women in their 40s and up? It's always been socially acceptable to see older men with younger women, but when an older woman is seen with a younger man, terms like Mrs. Robinson, and cradle robber are whispered behind raised hands. Times are changing though and society it getting used to the idea of younger men dating and even marrying older women. The mature women today is a lot stronger than she used to be, and knows that just because she's older, she isn't ready to sit in a rocking chair and knit doilies all day. The mature woman of today believes in herself and she doesn't care what "the neighbors may say," Today she is looking for what makes her happy, and really doesn't care what others think she should do.
One question that usually gets asked a lot it; "Why would a man want to date a women 10 or 12 years older than him?" Actually, younger men have been attracted to older women for a long time, it's just that today these couples are not keeping it a secret anymore. Here is what some of these "younger men" have said about dating a woman 10 to 12 or more years older than them. Some young men are attracted to an older woman's maturity and the fact that older women seem more comfortable with themselves. Older women have lived more and are more established; they can take care of themselves and don't rely on a man to take care of them. Younger men are attracted to the fact that older women act more mature and seem to be less materialistic than younger women. Mature women don't mess with their heads and play mind games with them, acting coy and shy one minuet, the next minuet mouthing off and being bossy, showing her true self.
Minding your business

United States

#20 May 5, 2009
wondering wrote:
Well my dear... not all older women would give a young 21 year old kid a chance. I have been hit on by a few younger kids... I figure all they want is a SUGAR MOMMY...

I am sorry if a 21 year old kid looked at me as anything other than a older women and wanted to date me you better believe that I would be running the other way. I know I do not want to have a diaper bag in tow where ever I go... I have raised my kids to be good adults...

maybe the younger boys of their 20's should leave us cougars alone or they might learn something that they do not want to know. I mayself would rather have a man 10 years younger than me but hey lets get real... I know at my age (44) I am going to look at older men and maybe a few freinds that are 36 or older... Why would I want a man who acts worse than my daughters.

Here is your peice of advice... leave the older women alone... they know that if you are in 20's that you are looking for someone to support you so you do not have to live in mom's basement and adhear by her rules... so get a job you lazy bum.

Pikeville, KY

#21 May 5, 2009
Yesterday I parked my car in a tow-away zone when I came back the entire area was missing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beattyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Escaped prisoners on 498 4 hr Pam 6
Pamela thompson aka Elmer 8 hr Believer 70
Lee County Basketball Coach 19 hr ELMER 4
Wendy Hearld with her meth face on lol 22 hr Seen the paperwork 15
Ted Cruz Wed Not Elmer 1
Does anyone know.... (May '09) Wed john 10
Ashley Morrison Tue fine 11
Beattyville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web