First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Whatzup

Zoe, KY

#1 Nov 2, 2008
Why isn't Begley St. a one way street? I was in town the other day-met a car had no where to go for trucks parked on the blacktop. I heard Great Business, good people just wrong kind of business for inside town limits.
browser

East Point, KY

#2 Nov 2, 2008
answer to your question - because they don't want to make it a one way street.

take a detour if you can't get through...lol
Whatzup

Zoe, KY

#3 Nov 3, 2008
You should not have to take a detour on a supposed two lane public road!

Since: Nov 08

beattyville

#4 Nov 4, 2008
i think it should be a 1 way street b/c it is always cramed... and it is really bad with all this work going on.. and that really sux 4 me b/c i live there!!!!
Nosie

Richmond, KY

#6 Nov 7, 2008
one way, two way, we would still complain the way i see it between the 2 businesses on that side of the street it should be called lucas street because they own one side all the way down at least they work and are not living off the taxpayers money. One thing about it I bet if you needed someone to tow you in. Who Would you call? Probably the same one that I would because he is hard working and he don't take the shirt off your back. I go down that street quite a lot right now I have more trouble getting out of the other end of that street with not being able to see for parked vehicles on the steet and it's a one way street on that end too with those parking spaces on that end too. But do we complain about that. No because there is no one to pick on there. And even on main street we deal with big trucks unloading and ups unloading everyday! Do we complain! again no there is no one to pick on.
Whatzup

Jackson, KY

#7 Nov 7, 2008
Nosie, why are you getting so defensive? I plainly wrote that I heard this was a good business and good people! CALM DOWN! I just think that the street should be a one way street turning in from the by-pass or turning in from main street. Even you wrote you can't see to pull out from the other end on main and I agree. I'm not picking on anyone, I'm talking about the road, NOT THE BUSINESS OR THE PEOPLE.
Nosie

Richmond, KY

#8 Nov 7, 2008
Whatzup, nothing against your comment. just there has been lots of other folk making complaints about this street. I have known this family for a long time. They have always been a working family. Some of the complaints probably haven't come through here. Just heard about them on the street. And they are picking.
In the Know

Zoe, KY

#9 Nov 8, 2008
Whatzup wrote:
Nosie, why are you getting so defensive? I plainly wrote that I heard this was a good business and good people! CALM DOWN! I just think that the street should be a one way street turning in from the by-pass or turning in from main street. Even you wrote you can't see to pull out from the other end on main and I agree. I'm not picking on anyone, I'm talking about the road, NOT THE BUSINESS OR THE PEOPLE.
The reason everyone is so defensive is they know what really goes on there. They party as hard as they work.

Since: Nov 08

beattyville

#11 Nov 8, 2008
i understand what all of you r saying!!!! but i live on that street so i really know how it is there!!! and i use to work 4 jonah and yea he drinks over there but he also gets his work done.
mee

Pikeville, KY

#12 Nov 20, 2008
yea we might have a beer or 2 after work and the shop is closed down but never while we are working. we dont drink on the job.
hey

Anderson, SC

#13 Nov 21, 2008
number one you should not drink in city limits in a dry town. Number two all the junk should be moved no matter how hard the family works this mess makes our street look awful and a safety hazard. You can not beautify the city if you do not clean up the mess on Begley st,
just someone

Jackson, KY

#14 Nov 23, 2008
Yes, the mess on Begley Street should be cleaned up even though part of the state police use this as a hang out. That could be the reason these people are allowed to use an old truck and trailor as a wrecker. I bet they really have towing insurance don't you? I KNOW that they have went and picked up cars with open containers of beer in the truck. How's that for safety?
someone

Beattyville, KY

#15 Nov 24, 2008
lemme tell you something the guys down there at the shop are hard working and do the best they know how.where would you go to have your car worked on probably the same place i would take mine. i have seen how these guys work and they are good at what they do. they are entitled to do what they want and when they want when work is done. so dont put someone down when you dont even know what goes on.isnt ppl allowed to have a time to drink or relax after they have worked there asses off to probably fix your car also. in city limits or not. dont just pick on them pick on everyone else in lee co also.
truck driver

United States

#16 Nov 28, 2008
ok he has car all over the place bt it a place to get car fixed so why dont some of u people the ptin him down start on don begley he has juck cars oll over town
friend of jonah

United States

#17 Nov 28, 2008
he has cleaned up that place in the last few days! I think it is looking good, and what he does on his own time is his business!
Get-It

United States

#18 Nov 30, 2008
The only way that place could get clean,is if billy bud bought it back and shoved it over in the river with his dozer.
just someone

Beattyville, KY

#20 Dec 8, 2008
you all are pathetic

Since: Dec 08

Irvine, KY

#21 Dec 11, 2008
he is hard working granted....as for the quality of his work..i cant say. However as a business owner.. it would seem that he would want to take pride in his business like billy bud did and clean up all the junk and stuff that does on ocassion spill out into the street causing hazardous situations. As for the state police hanging out there all the time.. i was told that a certain young man brought a stolen laptop there to sell and they had to be called there.. so yes jonah works hard...but with phillip being pride volunteer recipient he should take some PRIDE in his place of business and please clean up the eye sore. AND on final note.. THANK YOU JESUS its on the back street of town and not directly on main!!!!

Since: Sep 08

United States

#22 Dec 11, 2008
Begley Street isn't the only eyesore in Beattyville. What about all of the junk cars that Don Begley has piled up in every free spot in town? Now that is an eyesore.

Since: Dec 08

Zoe, KY

#23 Dec 11, 2008
so true ale8girl but why not maintain a professional atmosphere like billy bud had.. why create a hazard.. where u have to swerve to keep from running over an engine...just seems like with the big pride award.. there would be some big pride in their business

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beattyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raymond 4 hr Unfair 12
Cheap or free driving education courses in Beat... 10 hr The Original Yeti 9
brenda silcox 15 hr rick 1
toby and stivers Tue Wrong 16
Looking for info Primrose area Mon lovely 2
local poet (Nov '09) Mon Entitled 2 an opi... 65
Semtak Sun JTheGiants 4

Beattyville Jobs

Personal Finance

Beattyville Mortgages