Lee County Marching Band.....Should t...
know

Clay City, KY

#41 Oct 14, 2011
To hrmm i was on all trips back in the Barrett days and I will have you know the kids were perfect NOTHING ever remotely bad went on this is a disgrace to the great program and kids !!!! no one ever "ran free" everyone was watched all the time!!!!!!
truth

Chesterfield, MO

#42 Oct 20, 2011
eeeeee wrote:
<quoted text>
you know that mr barrett went to another high school to do that right? they demoted him...l dont blame him for rsigning his job....they treated that man like crap....he gave his life to the school and the marching band went to state ll dont know how many times....look at where he is...he is at the elementary school libraries. he went to antoher school. he was great at his job..and they should be lucky to have him. no hes not the nicest person in the world and he had his favorites, but he was a good instructor...not the best but a darn good one. and michelll estes cant do anything..she has afamily.....she has a flie unlike him which music and bad was his whole life. so dont get mad at me for stating the truth.
The truth is mr barrett was a spoiled rotten little kid, of course he got a long with all the band students (not saying the band students are spoiled rottten, but kids). The reason he was demoted was because he had problems with authority. And is that really the person you want teaching your kids (answer should be NO)? The board didn't need to ask him to say, they should have fired him a long time ago for taking a student in his car to a school event after being told no.
Tie

Circleville, OH

#43 Oct 21, 2011
He was a queer everyone knows that wake up you crazy people.Did you ever see him with a woman come on.
no mean

Richmond, KY

#44 Oct 21, 2011
stop being mean
Concerned

Baldwin City, KS

#45 Dec 21, 2011
So, what can we do to get a new director? Where would we find someone willing to come to Lee Co?
ha ha

Lebanon, KY

#46 Dec 21, 2011
at the band director store there is one in Fayetee mall
funny

Baldwin City, KS

#47 Dec 21, 2011
ha ha wrote:
at the band director store there is one in Fayetee mall
haha, 2 for 1 holiday special?
bandkid

Lebanon, KY

#48 Dec 21, 2011
the kids have got to want it and work hard. Band is work and its worth it but the kids have got to become dedicated and practicea lot they can do it if they want it!
boohoo

United States

#49 Dec 23, 2011
OMG, and now you're on the board of education aren't you, quite transparent who you are. Wow, I feel so lucky!!
people in glass houses wrote:
Lee County is lucky to have any extra curricular activities. Because of the economy and the state and federal goverment cutting budgets there are many places that don't have any!!!! They don't have band, sports, NOTHING!!! A lot of elementary schools have no music, art or PE unless the teachers teach them in their classrooms. Thankfully Michelle stepped in when Tony quit. If not there might not be a band at all!!! When the elementary schools hired a new music teacher a few years ago they got 1 application! Just 1! I know because I was parent on site base when she was hired. People aren't lining up to drive all the way to Lee County to teach music!! I hope we never lose any of the 'extra' things in any of our schools but realistically we probably will. I don't think the board wants to cut anything but you can only do what you can do with the budget you;re given.
I hope those that are with the band now continue to work hard and enjoy it. The ones I talk to do. They aren't worried about the past they are focused on the future!!! Smart kids!!!!!
Old Fan

Paris, KY

#50 Sep 3, 2012
How's the marching band doing this year!? I've heard that on September 15th at Montgomery County, The Lee County Band will get to go against one of its alumni's band!
Heyya

Langley, KY

#51 Sep 4, 2012
Old Fan wrote:
How's the marching band doing this year!? I've heard that on September 15th at Montgomery County, The Lee County Band will get to go against one of its alumni's band!
. Yep good luck them both!
HAPPY TO BE HOME

Dandridge, TN

#52 Sep 6, 2012
Hey i just moved home to lee co.........couple months ago and fresh eyes and ears ......... First there is nooooooooo band or team gona win each and ever year...........when we are down............THE GOAL IS TO GET BETTER.......and when our marching band is down IS when they neeed our support even MORE sooooooooooo i will be going to that comp............. JUST TO SUPPORT OUR BAND..................... so please meet me there.
Heyya

Georgetown, KY

#53 Sep 6, 2012
HAPPY TO BE HOME wrote:
Hey i just moved home to lee co.........couple months ago and fresh eyes and ears ......... First there is nooooooooo band or team gona win each and ever year..........when we are down..........THE GOAL IS TO GET BETTER.......and when our marching band is down IS when they neeed our support even MORE sooooooooooo i will be going to that comp.......... JUST TO SUPPORT OUR BAND.......... so please meet me there.
good luck to all bands they work hard
fyi

Zoe, KY

#54 Sep 8, 2012
barrett and his band boosters NEVER let any kids run wild. I was there. I know.
and Barret was and is not gay. if he likes the other side fine but I am female and we had a few outings so to speak. no one's business but even if he was gay what the heck would that matter on how well he done his job.
just found out

Mount Sterling, KY

#56 Sep 16, 2012
he's in three forks damm
Sad Times

Paris, KY

#57 Oct 10, 2012
Time for a NEW DIRECTOR
come on

Zoe, KY

#58 Oct 12, 2012
well they got put on the front page of the paper for coming in second place! but oh wait there were only 2 bands in their class lmao!!!!! so they didnt accomplish a thing. and guess who beat them paris who now has mr williams who is barrets former student!!!!!
they left all that out!!! lee was also dead last overall.
now i know the kids work hard and i give them props but the problem is estes not the kids. they can only do what the director wants them to do. i am sure there are kids in there that could blow your mind with their talent
they just need a real director not a moron!!
jeb

Jackson, KY

#59 Oct 12, 2012
hahaha. really they got dead last and got put on the front page hahaha. ive read some of the kentucky marching band forums and its funny how they still compliment how respectful presentable talented and impressive lee county was in 08. thats 4 years ago i think barrett made a statement and taught much more then just music to these kids. he taught what you can accomplish when you set your mind heart and soul into something. that hard work truely pays off when you get beat by a band by less then a point and they compliment you to your face. when finalist and champions brag and cheer for you. when estes brings home a reserved grand championship against some power house bands like barrett did then thats time to celebrate.
shameful

United States

#60 Oct 12, 2012
I wouldn't have him back if even if he could beat bands at a collegiate level. If he supports spiteful scum like you who would belittle kids who are trying and doing well, then he doesn't deserve to direct an elementary kazoo orchestra. Really, if he can't be director he and his disciples should make fun of the kids, many who are very young? I used to think pretty highly of him. He should distance himself from these comments. Years ago, Lee county's ball teams couldn't win a game, but they were in the paper too. Should the community quit supporting its children because they aren't number one? That's pretty damn shallow.
What a prima donna

Fredericksburg, VA

#61 Oct 13, 2012
He's always been a spoiled brat and a prima donna. Ask a lot of the people who went to high school with him. Poor little WATB didn't get his way and he just quit. No support or sympathy for him here at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beattyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
coroners race 8 min concerned citizen 1
Preacher refusing to shake hands? 23 min W W T 1
Pauls' Motel Gym (Jul '13) 32 min Connie 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 35 min ChromiuMan 151,947
jail tracker 4 hr Pam 16
The poorest white town in america Sat Tims99526 33
city police and so called mayor Sat BigE 13

Beattyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beattyville Mortgages