More than 1,000 dead birds fall from ...

More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

There are 10206 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Jan 2, 2011, titled More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Zap

AOL

#6312 May 28, 2012
looks From 57 to 27, that's pretty good. I got a formula that turns 70 into 15, of course I have to shave my chest.
Zap

AOL

#6313 May 28, 2012
OK, I really don't have a chest, but if I did I would have to shave it.

Fort Worth, TX

#6314 May 30, 2012
poor birdies
Raydot

California City, CA

#6315 May 31, 2012
Summer is over and winter is here. It snowed at 8 thousand feet a few days ago and the wind blew all the cherries off the trees. So much for iradic weather. Thats right, black top the earth. Chicken breast are in demand and so they cost 13 bucks for five breast. The thighs are still 2 bucks for more than enough. And Obama says we need more growth, more people to flood the United States. It now cost 25 bucks to park at the beach because of over crowding. And the mountains are no longer free to visit. One needs an adventure pass for 10 bucks now. Russia and China say hands off Syria. Israel wants to nuke Iran and our boys are comming home to no jobs. They have been replaced by illegal alien cheap labor slaves that can be owned and whipped. Colon Powell will not endorse Obama, but he will hire illegal aliens to work on his house just like Romney. They can't afford to hire skilled educated Americans. Our Country is in a mess. Good nite.

United States

#6316 Jun 1, 2012
Really?
Old Army

Quitman, AR

#6317 Jun 1, 2012
Suffering from empty nest syndrome here. Last of the four young wrens graduated from flight training and my Chickadee is going back to work after another surgery. We need rain.
Zap

AOL

#6318 Jun 1, 2012
sounds like your wife has had some problems. Sorry to hear it, my prayers to you both. Back to work sounds good though. Rain, yeah I could use some too. Picked up 16 guineas at the post office this morning, they are doing OK, they look healthy & are very active, not to mention expensive. Now if I can get them big enough to protect themselves from snakes & all the other predators out there. I parked them in the garage for the next 5 weeks. I've had power outages for the last 2 days, short oes not much to worry abt. I can't afford to have a long outage, don't know how to keep them warm.
Old Army

Quitman, AR

#6319 Jun 1, 2012
Thanks Zap. She had a rough go but actually less pain in her legs than before.
Churmudgeon

United States

#6320 Jun 1, 2012
I just had deer burger for lunch. A doe got hit by a car and I processed her. She had a fawn. a little buck. Ive been bottle feeding him and he is doing Ok. But its hard to raise a bottle fed little deer, sheep or goat. Ya gotta feed them just a small amount every few hours just like a human baby. Im enjoying this cool weather. I know its off topic bet be gotts get to 10,000 post somehow!
Old Army

Quitman, AR

#6321 Jun 1, 2012
Sorry Chur, there's no way you can talk about 4,079 road kills. No way to get to 10,000. Go visit "Did you vote today".
Churmudgeon

United States

#6322 Jun 1, 2012
Old Army wrote:
Sorry Chur, there's no way you can talk about 4,079 road kills. No way to get to 10,000. Go visit "Did you vote today".
I havent visited did you vote today? in quite a while.
wcc

Raleigh, NC

#6323 Jun 5, 2012
ouch

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#6324 Jun 5, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
I just had deer burger for lunch. A doe got hit by a car and I processed her. She had a fawn. a little buck. Ive been bottle feeding him and he is doing Ok. But its hard to raise a bottle fed little deer, sheep or goat. Ya gotta feed them just a small amount every few hours just like a human baby. Im enjoying this cool weather. I know its off topic bet be gotts get to 10,000 post somehow!
I nursed a little doe for a couple weeks until she got strong enough to kick the crap out of me and escape
Old Army

Quitman, AR

#6325 Jun 5, 2012
My other brother (in law) Daryl, raised one too, even put a collar on her. He never kept her pinned up but she left when she got the call of the wild (horny) and was gone for a long time but a year later brought her two fawns to visit. They were a little skittish at first but she let us pet her. Its been about 5 years now, guess she got too close to the deer slayer.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#6326 Jun 5, 2012
The little deer is doing fine. Ive been feeding him about 9 ounces of milk every 3 hours. I been feeding him whole cow milk cut 50% with water. Its not our first rodeo we have a doe that is now 7 years old. She is in a 2 acre pen with a 8 ft high chain link fence. Im gonna castrate the buck. I dont want to raise a pen full of pet deer that my wife wont let me eat.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#6327 Jun 5, 2012
those little deer can kick faster than you can count so be carefull, when the little guys sack drops use rubber bands on them they will pretty much do the hard work on the castration part.

Batesville, AR

#6328 Jun 5, 2012
More than 1,000 dead birds fall from the sky when my wife pulled down her pants.Not only did birds drop so did most of the living creatures in a 10 mile radius.I was able to survive because i saw it coming,so I was able to escape by running into the direction of the wind.

Manila, AR

#6329 Jun 6, 2012
yes
Raydot

California City, CA

#6330 Jun 12, 2012
I really don't know what taste better, BASS from the near by lake or the TUNA that is tainted with traces of NUKE from FUCKUSHIMA nuclear power plant in Japan. I just love striper BASS, but I hate Obama and his undocumented democrats. Oh, and the White House Scandal along with our Nations High Unemployment. Oh yeah, almost forgot and the Nations enormous debt that has trippled since our last failed puppet even. Please people, when you vote, be sure and punch all the way thrugh, No loose chads now. Oh and one more thing, We need to get rid of all those inconsiderate, no good stinkin filthy fricken Bleep! Bleep! scum that are milking the system and get their Bleep! Bleep! kids and make them clean up the Bleep! mess they left. I mean come on what the Bleep!I'd be willing to kick their Bleep Bleep all the way back across the Bleep! border if thats what it takes. Thats all Oh Bleep what the Bleep.
Char

Bexar, AR

#6331 Jun 12, 2012
So'.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bearden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need info Jul '17 Janet 1
Posted land (Jan '17) Jan '17 Wackadoehuntingclub 1
July 4th Weekend (Jun '16) Jun '16 SouthboundPachyderm 1
Memorial Weekend? (May '16) May '16 SouthboundPachyderm 1
News Amber Alert issued for missing child (Feb '09) Dec '15 Weedman 46
Charlie Smith (Jul '15) Jul '15 Concerned 1
Bobby Mo Quarles (Dec '13) Jul '15 devon foust 6

Bearden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance