Did Bean Station Fire Dept Cause Wreck on Lake Shore/25E?

Posted in the Bean-Station Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20

Since: Oct 09

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Bean Station Fire Dept set up on road intersections collecting money donations. Is this creating a road safety hazard? It should be Illegal.
MEEEE

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

the fire dept stoped the road block at 12 and the wreck happend around 1:30 so NO the FD didn't cause the wreck. should it be illegal? YES but insted of complaining about everything donate a little and just maybe they won't have to stand out there risking their lives.
question

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

FlyOnThaWall wrote:
Bean Station Fire Dept set up on road intersections collecting money donations. Is this creating a road safety hazard? It should be Illegal.
How about you get out and raise money for them. They donate their time and put themselves in harms way, all for no pay. Either support them or don't call them when you need them, you piece of garbage.
Native

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

FlyOnThaWall wrote:
Evidently you are another transplant that doesn't know that the fire department and rescue squad HAVE to depend on roadblocks to operate. You will be glad if you ever have to call them.
sayitsnottrue

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

having been a volunteer fireman,i am aware of what they do to support themselves,and oh yea ,i am a transplant,bet i give twice what some of you do.we transplants can afford to live here as well as other places,can you?

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2011

Thanks MEEE for answering my question, and I did donate money Saturday. And yes I agree it should be Illegal but there are other ways to raise money. The New market fire department raises money with a Saturday night dance, boxing and other activities.

question,,,,, I agree, they do go arms way, but setting up on the road like that is putting people lives in danger as well the fire fighter life too.

Native, here is what I seen, 4 cars turning on to lake shore. 1st car stops, makes a donation, 3rd 4th car stuck in the four lanes with no were to go. Traffic running 55 and 65 mpg coming at them on the 4 lane. YES I call this road block money collection a bad road safety hazard.

If you people will read, all I did was ask two questions on my topic and post.

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2011

sayitsnottrue wrote:
having been a volunteer fireman,i am aware of what they do to support themselves,and oh yea ,i am a transplant,bet i give twice what some of you do.we transplants can afford to live here as well as other places,can you?
Sayitsnottrue ,, Iím not quite following you; can you elaborate on your post? Transplant sound pretty important.
hit and miss

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Almost rear ended a car stoped and giving money
Prime Time

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Yeah, me to; I was coming off the 4 lane at the bank and a minivan was in front of me and it slammed it's brakes on to stop and drop a little dab of changes in the boot. I does create a safety hazard when they are asking people to stop right off a busy hwy to drop a few coins in a boot. The BSVFP is supposed to promote safety throughout the community, not only fire prevention but any kind of safe practice that will keep folks safe. To me setting up a fund raising event on a busy intersection to promote folks to come to a complete stop to contribute, is setting up the folks in the community to be in a series accident. I know they need donation to operate , but look at all the other fire departments in the area; they donít stand in the road collecting money.
Looking Glass

Rutledge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

I agree it is a hazard, but if they hit their brakes, and you're tailing them so close that you hit them or nearly hit them, its no one's fault but your own... I don't care who is in the road. Grainger county drivers alone are absolutely scary to drive with on the road. I have to PLAN on someone being on my side of the road when turning a blind corner. That is ridiculous. As far as some of these local services having to collect money in this manner, its a shame. That is one of the fundamental things that should be adequately funded, they shouldn't be forced to focus so much on things such as raising money. That is my opinion anyways. As far as everyone else... maybe some of you can start thinking about driving as if you aren't the only other vehicle on the road?

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Looking Glass wrote:
I agree it is a hazard, but if they hit their brakes, and you're tailing them so close that you hit them or nearly hit them, its no one's fault but your own... I don't care who is in the road. Grainger county drivers alone are absolutely scary to drive with on the road. I have to PLAN on someone being on my side of the road when turning a blind corner. That is ridiculous. As far as some of these local services having to collect money in this manner, its a shame. That is one of the fundamental things that should be adequately funded, they shouldn't be forced to focus so much on things such as raising money. That is my opinion anyways. As far as everyone else... maybe some of you can start thinking about driving as if you aren't the only other vehicle on the road?
Hay! Letís stick to the subject Looking Glass
We are talking about the fire department setting up on the road, collecting money, not Grainger County drivers. If one person gets killed in an auto wreck at an intersections an the fire department is set up collecting money. How do you think the County or Bean Station would react? Or even the families of the person that got killed? How would the members of the fire dept feel? What if?
I do hope the best for every one.

FlyOnThaWall
Looking Glass

Rutledge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

I did touch on the subject. People that want to blame the local departments setting up on the road for near accidents such as rear-ending... if you are following that closely and you hit someone it doesn't matter if you saw a purple flying unicorn it is the rear-ender's fault. I also said that they shouldn't have to set up in the road because they should get funding. I think it probably should be illegal because its dangerous for them and an added hazard to the road, likewise, I think if there was ever to be a wreck from stuff like that (God forbid) it will probably be made illegal. But then maybe more funding would also be created for the departments. This isn't just Bean Station Fire dept either, this is the rescue squad and all the other depts as well.
question

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

FlyOnThaWall wrote:
Thanks MEEE for answering my question, and I did donate money Saturday. And yes I agree it should be Illegal but there are other ways to raise money. The New market fire department raises money with a Saturday night dance, boxing and other activities.
question,,,,, I agree, they do go arms way, but setting up on the road like that is putting people lives in danger as well the fire fighter life too.
Native, here is what I seen, 4 cars turning on to lake shore. 1st car stops, makes a donation, 3rd 4th car stuck in the four lanes with no were to go. Traffic running 55 and 65 mpg coming at them on the 4 lane. YES I call this road block money collection a bad road safety hazard.
If you people will read, all I did was ask two questions on my topic and post.
The turning driver is the one at fault. The Fire Department DID NOT have the road blocked. A driver that stops, knowing there are cars behind in a situation such as that needs to have their license taken. And, the drivers behind had the choice of not trying to zip across the 2 lanes and put themselves in that situation. Not the Fire Department's fault. Blame someone else. Question for you........ are you willing to take over raising the funds the Fire Department needs to protect YOU and everyone else in the community so they don't have to do roadblocks anymore? You seem to be really concerned....just HOW concerned are you? Concerned enough to get out there and raise the money yourself, or spearhead the fundraising activities? Ball's in your court! Will you put your actions where your mouth is?

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

question wrote:
<quoted text>
The turning driver is the one at fault. The Fire Department DID NOT have the road blocked. A driver that stops, knowing there are cars behind in a situation such as that needs to have their license taken. And, the drivers behind had the choice of not trying to zip across the 2 lanes and put themselves in that situation. Not the Fire Department's fault. Blame someone else. Question for you........ are you willing to take over raising the funds the Fire Department needs to protect YOU and everyone else in the community so they don't have to do roadblocks anymore? You seem to be really concerned....just HOW concerned are you? Concerned enough to get out there and raise the money yourself, or spearhead the fundraising activities? Ball's in your court! Will you put your actions where your mouth is?
We can argue all day long on this topic, Iím not going to argue with you. With theses road blocks some one could loose there life, and a life is not worth a few dollars in the boot.
Uh Huh

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

It wasnt just the fire department. The shirners also stood at that intersection as well. it not just the fire department here, it everyone that stands there.
no no

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

FlyOnThaWall wrote:
yes
Hazard

Silver Point, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

I have lived in many states never have I seen people standing in the middle of the road. One of the collect people will get hit by a blind or crazy driver
stand off to the side, Save yourself
hit and miss

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

I think it should be illegal.but they won't make it illegal till some one gets killed..
former volunteer

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

hey if you all dont like the fire dept. first of all wen your house gets on fire dont call them, and when you see them on the side of the road dont give them money, but dont bit*h when they cant afford to buy fuel for there trucks to come to save your as* you think them members like standing on that hot pavement in the sun collecting money, trust me they dont, i use to do it for the rescue squad and it sucks, but its for the love of the community and citizens is why they do it, so dont talk bad about these people, help them for god sake, the county commission sure wont, that the reason they are collecting money anyway, so i say to you and i mean the people that bad mouth the volunteers in this county, go join and see what its really like and if you dont than shut up,,im very proud of all the people who volunteer there time to save a person they have never met, and sometimes they even donate there lives, to save sombody...so hats off to the rescue squad and fire dept. good job.
BeanStationer

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2011

Lets all get together and petition the city to include money in the FY 2012-13 budget for the BSVFD raise my taxes a little I like to think my 3 yo and my wife and me are safe.Com e on folks step up to the plate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Bean-Station Forum right now

Search the Bean-Station Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 9 min Bayless 140,594
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 46 min pondering it 8,916
ISO :appartment or house to rent 16 hr 02shadow 1
vet clinic in bean station, dirty! (Jun '11) Tue Jennifer 33
sean mosher eww (Nov '11) Mon know first 9
poor valley Trash !!!!! Mon nailem 6
Theives In Bean station (Feb '11) Sun hmmm 98
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bean-Station Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000