La Grange, KY

#2 Nov 19, 2012
just saying wrote:
Just heard that Big A Market burnt down this morning
Seriously?
just saying

Jefferson City, TN

#3 Nov 19, 2012
yep, i live about 2 blocks away...fire trucks woke me about 2 this morning....then hubby went to work at 6 and drove by to see
CommonSense

La Grange, KY

#4 Nov 19, 2012
just saying wrote:
yep, i live about 2 blocks away...fire trucks woke me about 2 this morning....then hubby went to work at 6 and drove by to see
Wow. If you find out what happened, please let me know. You probably know me. I am one of Marlene's sons.
just saying

Jefferson City, TN

#5 Nov 19, 2012
yea i know you, you are mike i think...this is Linda I worked there with Marlene for 10 years....how are you and your family doing?
CommonSense

La Grange, KY

#6 Nov 19, 2012
just saying wrote:
yea i know you, you are mike i think...this is Linda I worked there with Marlene for 10 years....how are you and your family doing?
Hey Linda....yes this is Mike. Doing OK here. How about you and yours?
fire marshall bill

Knoxville, TN

#7 Nov 19, 2012
smell the gas?
cha ching
just saying

Jefferson City, TN

#8 Nov 19, 2012
we are doing great....sure do miss my Marlene though, she was truely a saint. I'll let you know if i hear what happened...just glad me and the others finally got away from there
CommonSense

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Nov 19, 2012
fire marshall bill wrote:
smell the gas?
cha ching
Let me tell ya sumptin!
CommonSense

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Nov 19, 2012
just saying wrote:
we are doing great....sure do miss my Marlene though, she was truely a saint. I'll let you know if i hear what happened...just glad me and the others finally got away from there
Glad to know you are doing well. Mom was very fond of her fellow employees and customers. She hated the sin but loved the sinner so to speak.

I kind of wonder if there was some funny business with this fire. Guess we will find out sooner or later.
wondering

Morristown, TN

#12 Nov 19, 2012
Seems, suspicious. Transferring ownership more than once in the last year, financial difficulties, multiple separations of owner and spouse, different home addresses, long term employees let go, and store shelves short of merchandise from time to time, gasoline pumps inaccurate, starting a new and different business in the back to supplement income, and other issues too sensative to reveal here, and it just seems odd. Store has been there a long time, sucessfull through the years, and no major issues I can remember, fires, ect. Then we have a major loss, break in a few months ago, and now this? Coupled with all the other things; maybe just a run of bad circumstances? Maybe more? The investigation may never really reveal why, or it may reveal it all. Lot of people gonna miss that stop for breakfast, gas, beer, lottery, ect. We'll see what develops.
Common Sense

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Nov 19, 2012
Linda....dad went by there and said the place looked pretty much gutted. He said it looked like they were emptying the fuel tanks.
Common Sense

Bowling Green, KY

#14 Nov 19, 2012
@Wondering....did foreigners still own it?
just saying

Jefferson City, TN

#15 Nov 19, 2012
Mike....yea they still owned it but not the same ones when Marlene was there....they kept changing owners and it kept getting worse, so that is why i had to leave...new owner was a crook...he would rip you off in a heart beat
Common Sense

Bowling Green, KY

#17 Nov 19, 2012
Linda...did they run off the good help to keep it in the family, or did they replace you all with people outside the family? Just curious.
just saying

Jefferson City, TN

#18 Nov 19, 2012
they kept trying to get people outside their family but couldn't keep good help I guess. The Father and Mother of the owner finally had to step in and work. I really never shop there, just stop in about once a month to see the morning coffee drinkers
Sheriff Dept Officer

Morristown, TN

#19 Nov 19, 2012
Tony the store opt. is a nice guy to talk with but OMG what a nasty a** place.
wondering

Morristown, TN

#20 Nov 19, 2012
As far as the "help" you say, they had good employees, but like so many other family owned business, there was never enough profit to share after expenses. So, what better way to increase your "profit" than to let the outside help go, and keep it all in the family. Nothing wrong with that, but the way the others were shown the door wasn't correct. Just booted out. Shafted. And now we see the results of going around and coming around. And what may be coming around is even worse. Things ain't as them may first seem to be.
Realist

Jefferson City, TN

#21 Nov 20, 2012
There were none "Booted out" as you seem to think. Tony claimed to have fired some of the older hands to look better as a business owner but the simple truth is that they ALL quit. Not a one was fired.
The know

Whippany, NJ

#22 Nov 20, 2012
The towel heads burnt it down. This needs to be investigated!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bean-Station Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brad McCamey 2 min howmet pet 15
Ali Blair 18 min Smokie 2
East high basketball coach Cloninger going to V... 20 min Ryan 8
Jerk on 160 30 min Melissa 9
The Worst People In Town 1 hr Big Joe 5
shit stirrers of LAC 3 hr Question 8
snitches in morristown (Oct '15) 4 hr Lol 46

Bean-Station Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance