First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bright day

AOL

#1 Jan 19, 2011
WELL they finally got Rid of Darrell Helton. thats the best thing they ever done.he should have been gone long before now. he was a Big joke for Kindwoods School. i hope they get the right person to do the Job.
Question

United States

#2 Jan 20, 2011
Why did they get rid of him?
city girl

AOL

#3 Jan 20, 2011
Question wrote:
Why did they get rid of him?
they are trying to keep this a secret, but it got to the point they had to kick him out.
old kingswood student

Maryville, TN

#4 Jan 24, 2011
good....kingswood school needs to be completly changed...it doesn help all of the students..just some!
peviouse resident

Knoxville, TN

#6 Feb 2, 2011
yes, they finally got rid of all mr helton and all the other bad seeds that were there ..an they do have a new administrator, and he is geniune about getting the program on the right track not just for some kids but all.. and i am very excited about this..kingswood is back!!!!!! the good one the one that helped kids regardless of there personal feelings or benefeit an i couldnt be more happy cant wait to offer my services and be apart of the great thing that is just begining..i hope everyone is as well an will come join...ill be there soon to see in what ways i can help....cant wait
mother

United States

#7 Jul 28, 2011
What is kingswood like now? I am hearing a lot of awful things about it. I have talked to several parents recently who have said its worse now than its ever been...and have had to take there children out because its so bad. Does anyone have any current information on what has changed....or if is getting better?
Oldtimer

Knoxville, TN

#8 Jul 28, 2011
Helton should have been taken away in cuffs! Anyone who knew him knew he was a crook! I wonder how many kids contributed to his retirement from their money? Good riddance Darrell Helton!
children

Morristown, TN

#9 Jul 28, 2011
brice justice is over it-wasn't sure how that would pan out when i first heard about it-hes personality when working with public isn't the greastest in my opinion--time will tell
wow

United States

#10 Jul 28, 2011
Oh no...that's not a good sign. Justice has an awful reputation from what iv heard. I hear he's fruity as a bat.... And gets laughed out of the courtroom by the judge. No wonder I've been hearing that the place is going under. Last I heard was that the kids there are feed rotten food and is treated like prisoners. I wouldn't send my kid there if it was the last place on earths
whatever

United States

#11 Aug 9, 2011
Kingswood is an orphanage. All the kids are trated like slaves there and they feed them food that is old and expired. The children are threatned to be sent to mental hospitals and b tied up. If someone would go and talk to the kids they would see how the place really is. They fire the nice teachers and keep the meen ones and no one there cares about how the kids really feel. All the teachers lie to the kids about everythingand say its going to chance and get better but it won't. It never does I know. I went there not long ago I know all the kids there. Its worse then hell
concern

Morristown, TN

#12 Aug 10, 2011
i would hate to think any child would be mistreated.I had brothers and sisters that attended years ago and it was a good place to be everyone was treated fairly and with respect.I myself cannot beleive it has changed that much.Yes disipline is nessary in any school or place.As for Brice Justice he is a very fair and nice person in all dealings I have had with him.If you have a gripe with the school why not ask for a meeting with the board members they are all honarble people and I am sure they would address your concerns.Kingswood school needs the help of the community not the hinderance.
get real

Bridgewater, NJ

#13 Aug 10, 2011
He may be fair but does he really have the education to fill this position? I think that the community would have a say in who would be best for the position. Dealing with children with needs requires knowledge than being a school officer and as I have heard, I think he is a pastor there? Everyone has an opinion and I personally don't care for him but, this is a decision that should be made for the children and not by who will work for less money or who you know.
bull

United States

#14 Aug 11, 2011
He's not a good person he's a crooked cop and a false profit who uses gods name to do the devils work
citizen

Morristown, TN

#15 Aug 11, 2011
bull wrote:
He's not a good person he's a crooked cop and a false profit who uses gods name to do the devils work
i need examples for a good cause
well

United States

#16 Aug 20, 2011
Anyone have anything good to say about this place anymore?
concern

Morristown, TN

#17 Aug 22, 2011
Kingswood School is a good place for children and the community should support them instead of tearing them down.Have you stopped to think where would these children be if not there? Peopldnt be so judgemental until you know the facts.They are there for a reason....No one in their family it would seem has the morals to take their family in.If you are gonna pick why not find out who their families are and start there
a thought

Julian, NC

#18 Aug 22, 2011
Isn't this school for kids with behavior problems? Sort of a last resort before jail? Maybe if the teachers are mean they have to be? Just a thought.
candace bates

Myrtle Beach, SC

#19 Oct 28, 2011
concern wrote:
Kingswood School is a good place for children and the community should support them instead of tearing them down.Have you stopped to think where would these children be if not there? Peopldnt be so judgemental until you know the facts.They are there for a reason....No one in their family it would seem has the morals to take their family in.If you are gonna pick why not find out who their families are and start there
i used to be at kingswood and i hated it at first but it worked for me and i liked it met new ppl and mr. helton was an inspiration to me afterall years after i left there and went home i needed my ged and he helped me get it done at walters state comm. college he didnt have to do that i wasnt his responsibility anymore so therefor i think he is a good man and from what i hear the new guy is no good
candace bates

Myrtle Beach, SC

#20 Oct 28, 2011
i used to be at kingswood and i hated it at first but it worked for me and i liked it met new ppl and mr. helton was an inspiration to me afterall years after i left there and went home i needed my ged and he helped me get it done at walters state comm. college he didnt have to do that i wasnt his responsibility anymore so therefor i think he is a good man and from what i hear the new guy is no good
bad bad

United States

#21 Oct 28, 2011
Kingswood used to be A good place...until the new leadership came in. The new administrator is a complete idiot and the women who he partners with ia crule to children. These kids are mentally abused and mistreated. I just heard from a kingswood employee that the place is shutting down. I know thAt since darel left they can't keep the place staffed. They have gone through at lease 10 counselors and and case managers. I've heard that everyone leaves because of how bad the kids are treated. The women who is in charge is the one who abuses the kids. I have been so bothered by this that I have even called nashville to start an investigation on the place. Kingswood was a wonderful place while darrel helton was in charge. He was a good man. He was done wrong and the women who abuses these children is the one who lied and got him kicked out. Please spread the word that this is not a safe place for children anymore. It makes me sick when I drive by it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bean-Station Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's going on at the red light in bean station. Sat curious user 1
News Sheriff: Inmate beat another because mom told h... Sat words count 11
jennifer harville Sat -yaknowwhat- 1
Too the Lieing Contractor spreading Bean Statio... Mar 27 LaFollette Finisher 4
were did bens place go? Mar 27 Bean station 4
Dollar tree in Bean Station? Mar 26 Burferd 4
Screaming teacher's assistent at Bean Station ... Mar 25 Jug 4
Bean-Station Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web