HCCC student and another man charged in strong-arm robbery

Oct 31, 2012 Full story: WKTV 8

A Herkimer County Community College student and another man have both been charged in connection to a strong arm robbery at a residence in the village of Herkimer on Monday.

Full Story
The truff

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Nov 1, 2012
shoulda kept em locked up from the fight
amj415

Carthage, NY

#2 Nov 1, 2012
What a surprise more trash from the city raping herkimer ny. im so sick of reading this, hey, DA candidates, when is something gonna happen around here to start protecting we who reside here.
Observer

Geneva, NY

#3 Nov 1, 2012
amj415 wrote:
What a surprise more trash from the city raping herkimer ny. im so sick of reading this, hey, DA candidates, when is something gonna happen around here to start protecting we who reside here.
I'm not into politics, I don't work for the cops, the DA, or the courts, but I have to say, the police, the district attorney's office and the courts have sent a lot of criminals to prison over the years. Unfortunately, it's like killing cockroaches; there are always more waiting in the wings to fill the vacuum.

It's easy to lay blaim on one or two people, but in reality, putting "bad guys" in jail is a team effort, and it starts with the community; the mayor, the village board, the village attorney, and the law-abiding residents.
amj415

Carthage, NY

#5 Nov 2, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not into politics, I don't work for the cops, the DA, or the courts, but I have to say, the police, the district attorney's office and the courts have sent a lot of criminals to prison over the years. Unfortunately, it's like killing cockroaches; there are always more waiting in the wings to fill the vacuum.
It's easy to lay blaim on one or two people, but in reality, putting "bad guys" in jail is a team effort, and it starts with the community; the mayor, the village board, the village attorney, and the law-abiding residents.
"the community, mayor, village board and village attorney and the law-abiding residents" put people in jail? No, sorry, the community is the victim, the DA's are the prosecutors that need to get more proactive here. Our residents are scared, hurt, and constantly being harassed by punks that just want a free ride.
huh

Herkimer, NY

#6 Nov 2, 2012
The residents should call in tips to help the police. Everyone is too afraid to be a snitch. Scardycats. Half the people who commit crimes would not be out on the street to commit those crimes if they had been caught for previous crimes with the public's tips. These are not first timers.
No sympathy for City Thug

Rochester, NY

#7 Nov 2, 2012
Lock em up and castrate them, no need for their thug gene to be passed on (probably too late anyways, bet they got baby mommas out there)
Also, they should be banned from any SUNY school.

It's not hard to pick out the trouble makers in Herkimer.
The General

Fairport, NY

#8 Nov 6, 2012
As far as all te NYC kids coming to Herkimer, the person to thank for this is the Dean of Students Matthew Hawes. He protects them from any judical and criminal proceedings The Campus Safety Officers try to enforce the laws and policies of the college but Hawes dismisses their cases. The Director of Campus Safety should not report to the Dean of Students. He should report directly to the President. I have heard some officers say they will not write up students anymore because Hawes does nothing. They would rather arrest them and let the courts deal with them.
No sympathy for City Thug

Rochester, NY

#9 Nov 6, 2012
Have Campus security detain the criminals and have State Troopers arrest them. That way it circumvents Hawes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beacon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Clifford Spencer 758
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 23 hr liberalP 6,443
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Fri Robert Burns 16,790
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 675
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 6,389
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri No one 440
First same-sex wedding of men happening Saturda... (Nov '13) Sep 12 Don Brown 6
•••

Beacon News Video

•••
•••

Beacon Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Beacon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE