Joe Krupinski

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

Unlike last year, it looks like Sea Cliff could have a contested village election March 20. The Alliance Party, which was formed by Mayor Bruce Kennedy in 2009, has not announced its plans yet. The two trustee seats are now filled by Tom Powell and Peter Hayes, neither of whom have indicated whether or not they will run again for another two-year term.

Enter Anthony Losquadro, who has the support of the Property Owners Committee to run for a trustee seat. Losquadro scored a home run by doing a villagewide mailing of a postcard alerting the public to an important village board hearing Jan. 9.

The postcard drew more than 100 residents to the village courtroom to hear that the mayor and trustees planned an override of a 2% cap on any municipality's property tax increase, as recommended by the state.

There were so many questions and objections to the idea during the two-hour hearing that Mayor Kennedy deferred the proposal to the deadline date in early March. Later in the monyh, the village administrators amended that to a 1.85% tax increase for the 2012-2013 budget, which is UNDER the cap.

The triumph for Sea Cliff home and business owners can be directly attributed to the dedication and organizational skills of the 46-year-old Losquadro, a 20-year resident. In my opinion he sounds like someone taxpayers could use to be their watchdog on the village board. His time is his own as the owner of an alarm systems company. And I personally like his eloquence and charisma.

What Losquadro needs before declaring his candidacy for the elected office is a show of gratitude and support from property owners. His e-mail site is seacliffpoc@gmail.com. For our own
benefit and protection, let's give this guy a little push.
Manhasset Esq

Sea Cliff, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

Mr. Losquadro had best keep his head low. Rumor has it that Carlos Aquino as well as Mitch Benesowitz are gunning to expose him as a thief.
Joe Krupinski

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

I hope that you realize that comment above constitutes a threat against Anthony Losquadro's life. You seem so blase' about your delivery. But the law frowns upon such 'an expression of intention to hurt, destroy or punish as in retaliation or intimidation.' Look it up in the penal code. It goes for New York and your idyll New Hampshire as well. Tell you what, express yourself in a sincere apology and we'll forget about it, no questions asked. Otherwise, I have a lawyer friend who would relish a case like this.
Ziggy

Sea Cliff, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Wow, that's a huge leap. Threatening his life? I don't read it that way. You sure are silly Joe.
Joe Krupinski

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

You are reading it quite wrong if you don't think that was a threat and intimidation. What do you have against a guy running for office in a village election anyway?
Diane

Sea Cliff, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

I am friends with this guy Anthony's next door neighbor and ho is not a nice guy. He illegally built a huge shed and dog run on thier property line right outside her windows. This poor neglected dog whimpers and cries all day long. She complained to village hall after Anthony said "too bad - I have my rights" and after many warnings he was issued tickets. He actually went to trial on this stupid matter. Why cant he just be a good neighbor? I could never vote for somebody who cant even get along with thier own next door neighbor!
Joe Krupinski

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

I believe that there is a much larger issue here than a dog run, Diane. It comes down to an employee of the village trespassing on a taxpayer's property without permission or notice. It could happen to anyone with the way the code is now written. Anthony Losquadro wants to change that, not only for himself but for every household in Sea Cliff.
It's called good citizenship.

Bad News

Sea Cliff, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Joe the locations under the names are your {ISP}location and cannot be changed.Go to topix.com for more info.
Joe Krupinski

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Thanks for the heads-up on locations, Bad News. I just wish I could get a Glen Cove designation like you instead of Oceanside on the South Shore. I'm a North Shore kind of guy.

We have a contested election going in Sea Cliff with independent Anthony Losquadro running for trustee. He's a go-getter who already has helped property owners save a bundle as a private citizen.
Think of how much he could do as an elected official.
Twin Harbors

Sea Cliff, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Joe Krupinski and Anthony Losquirto are twin brothers from different mothers. Both are angry with an axe to grind. Neither paticipate in the process and both have alterior motives. They should both crawl back into the holes they came out of.
giggles

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Joe is misinformed, and once again running his mouth trying to prop up someone who he knows little or nothing about. Simple research will find that his pal only moved here from one of the boroughs 5 count them, 5 years ago. A man who is attempting to sue the village does not deserve to sit on the Board of Trustees. Why don't you run for one of the positions Joe? Oh I know, because you will not win... AGAIN. Don't listen to Joe, he has not a clue about the Law or politics. The only thing he knows about is drinking, embarassing himself and sleeping on the Village Green.(better know as passing out due to alcohol.)
Joe Krupinski

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Oh, when are you guys, Twin Harbors and Giggles, going to learn that bad-mouthing me is a waste of your time. After 40 years in Sea Cliff, 30 of which I spent organizing political parties and such, I have heard all of the jibes and worse. So nothing bothers me, especially coming from a couple of dunces like you.
Adele

Sea Cliff, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Joe have any of your "political parties" ever experienced a victory? If not, why not?
Newsie

Sea Cliff, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

This just in...Anthony Losquadro was recently found GUILTY in court of breaking 4 laws in the village. The presiding judge in the case is very close friends with his attorney which he mistakenly thought would sway the decision. He was fined $3,000 for his blatent violations. The violations were discovered by repeated complaints by his next door neighbor because he was neglecting his dog leaving it locked out doors at all hours in all weather. Breaking laws, violating zoning laws, abusing animals - this guy is out of control! How can you enforce laws that you dont abide to yourself? No wonder he doesnt like cops or code enforcement.
Joe Krupinski

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

How did you come up with this crap, Newsie? It is slanderous and libelous to spread such lies and this could come back and bite you in your arse. The whole thing is fabricatiopn and a farce. Funny if it wasn't such a breach in decorum and decency.
Joe Krupinski

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

It comes down to this: Peter Hayes is a fine fellow and has been a loyal trustee for six years. But he missed 11 of 24 village board conferences and public meetings in the past year.

The Sea Cliff village board, five elected officials, was missing a cylinder. Hayes' assignment was liaison to the Department of Public Works, a big responsibility. Who was tending the garage to see if everything was operating the way it should be? Who was making sure that morale among our hard workers down there was good?

With that attendance record, how could Hayes think of running again? Why is Mayor Bruce Kennedy allowing this to happen?

Because incumbents tend to get more votes than newcomers. Kennedy wants to keep his monopoly on the board. The mayor would rather not have to deal with a trustee that is NOT in lockstep with his administration.

The mayor rather not have to answer inquisitive or touchy questions. No, he wants status quo so he asks a busy accountant, a man who has already stepped down once before, to remain on the board even though he can't be on hand half the time.

Enter Anthony Losquadro, an enthusiastic 46-year-old businessman who would like to stabilize taxes for himself and all other property owners in the community. He is independent, backed by the new Property Owners Party (POP), and ready to serve his friends and neighbors 24/7 in the 'empty' trustee seat that is available. Let's give Losquadro that opportunity, I say. Let's have some new blood on our village board.
Joe Krupinski

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

The more you learn about Anthony Losquadro, the more you have to like him. The independent candidate for Sea Cliff village trustee graduated from the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point and worked on a ship for several years. He later earned an officer's rank with the U.S. Naval Reserve.

Losquadro, who grew up in Manhasset, has lived in Sea Cliff for 19 years. He owns an alarm systems and real estate management business, making his time his own to serve the public 24/7. That is in stark contrast to incumbent trustee Peter Hayes, who has missed 11 of 24 village board conferences and public meetings during the past year.

Losquadro's wife, Lauren, is an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) with Long Island Jewish/North Shore Hospitals. She travels around Nassau County in an ambulance answering 911 calls and other incidents.
Casual Observer

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

I haven't known Anthony Losquadro and his wife, Lauren, for that long. But from what I have observed, they are two genuine people who love living in Sea Cliff. As a homeowner, I'm thankful
to Anthony for his fight to keep our taxes stabilized.

Also, I am a mother of two boys in the North Shore School District. I know superintendent Ed Melnick personally, and he is in complete support of the Property Owners Committee organized by Anthony. Mr. Melnick stated so before the public at the Jan. 19 school board meeting.

Joe Krupinski

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

The Losquadro bandwagon is filling up fast. Don't miss your seat on his adventure to the March 20 village election.

He's virtually a folk hero in Sea Cliff. He did a ;postcard mailing around town athisown expense that drew over 100 residents to a hearing on whether the mayor and trustees should implement an override of the state-recommended 2% property tax increase cap.

The 20-year resident has made a name for himself. But it's not his 15 minues of fame. He has decided to run for trustee on the village board. He is being endorsed and supported by the newly formed Property Owners Party (POP).
Joe Krupinski

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Vote for Anthony Losquadro for Sea Cliff village trustee if you want to see some stability in our property taxes. The 20-year resident, a graduate of the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, wants to See Cliff abide by the state's 2% tax increase cap, while the mayor prefers an override in order to have a cushion for the 2012-2013 budget. "I will always fight for the property owner's rights," said Losquadro, who is running under the Property Owners Party (POP) banner.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bayville Discussions

Search the Bayville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Redumblican Teabagger 6,352
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Thu Steve Douchy 6,364
Hit-and-run victim dies - (Nov '07) Thu Huntington 15
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 23 Sham Hannuty 16,777
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 20 Sham Hanutty 436
Garbage pick up in laurel hollow Jul 14 Mary 1
New Port Chester Police Chief Richard Conway Pr... Jul 10 Bobby h 1
•••
•••

Bayville News Video

•••
•••

Bayville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••