Winston Churchill on Islam

Winston Churchill on Islam

Posted in the Baytown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Elaine

Houston, TX

#1 Jul 4, 2014
“How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property – either as a child, a wife, or a concubine – must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the faith: all know how to die but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.”
-Winston Churchill
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#2 Jul 4, 2014
You're a racist!!! You're a hater!!!! You're intolerant!!!!.
fubar

Garden Grove, CA

#3 Jul 5, 2014
Elaine wrote:
“How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property – either as a child, a wife, or a concubine – must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the faith: all know how to die but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.”
-Winston Churchill
I liked Winston and even own a one pound sterling silver plate of him. He did underestimate the Muslim horde during world war one when he lost at Gallipoli. He threw thousands of men's lives away and many ships in a doomed from the start action. He was able to overcome his disgrace and rise to become the great symbol of England's defiance of Hitler. He led them through the war and then threw him out right before the war's end.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4 Jul 5, 2014
Islam will never coexist peacefully with any other religion or people.....Fact of Life.....
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#5 Jul 8, 2014
True, so very true. There isn't even peaceful coexistance between sunnis and shites. They kill each other on a regular basis. Can you imagine if Baptist and Methodist behaved in that manner?
fubar

Garden Grove, CA

#6 Jul 8, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Islam will never coexist peacefully with any other religion or people.....Fact of Life.....
That's funny. They coexistence in Iraq until as one moron lied about WMDs and invaded and started a sectarian Civil war. The big losers were the millions of Christians who were run out of the country after our criminal invasion. They also lived together in Syria under Assad. They also coexist in Jordan. Christians and Muslims live together in Palestine too. The truth is out there if you bother to look.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7 Jul 8, 2014
Texan wrote:
True, so very true. There isn't even peaceful coexistance between sunnis and shites. They kill each other on a regular basis. Can you imagine if Baptist and Methodist behaved in that manner?
Remember the Crusades, though they were centuries ago......different people and religions, just don't evolve at the same pace.....
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#8 Jul 8, 2014
You misunderstand. Sunnis and Shites are both Muslim sects and they kill each other in the name of Allah. Baptists and Methodists are both Christian denominations and they do not kill one another in the name of God. Muslims are the only people I know of that make Holy War against others of their own religion. fubar the only reason they coexisted in Iraq was Saddam Hussien. He didn't put up with their crap, and they were all afraid of him.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#9 Jul 8, 2014
Texan wrote:
You misunderstand. Sunnis and Shites are both Muslim sects and they kill each other in the name of Allah. Baptists and Methodists are both Christian denominations and they do not kill one another in the name of God. Muslims are the only people I know of that make Holy War against others of their own religion. fubar the only reason they coexisted in Iraq was Saddam Hussien. He didn't put up with their crap, and they were all afraid of him.
..At the cost of gassing hundreds of Kurds, as i recall.....i understand completely, and perhaps they should work it out themselves, including 3 separete smaller countries.....
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#10 Jul 8, 2014
Actually it was thousands of Kurds, and they haven't been able to work it out in over a thousand years. If they did seperate into three smaller countries they would continue to kill each other in the name of Allah. Fear is the only thing that keeps them in line. Leaders like Hussien are the only ones who can maintain anything even resembling order. It has been that way since Islam became a religion.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#11 Jul 8, 2014
Texan wrote:
Actually it was thousands of Kurds, and they haven't been able to work it out in over a thousand years. If they did seperate into three smaller countries they would continue to kill each other in the name of Allah. Fear is the only thing that keeps them in line. Leaders like Hussien are the only ones who can maintain anything even resembling order. It has been that way since Islam became a religion.
So then, explain the alternative or path you recommend? Where do we come in?
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#12 Jul 9, 2014
We should not have come in. When there is a terrorist attack on this country, retaliate with the same cruelty that they do. Make the entire Muslim world fear us. Just say NO MORE OF YOUR SHIT OR ELSE! Then BACK IT UP! That sir is the only thing those people understand.
fubar

San Francisco, CA

#13 Jul 9, 2014
Texan wrote:
You misunderstand. Sunnis and Shites are both Muslim sects and they kill each other in the name of Allah. Baptists and Methodists are both Christian denominations and they do not kill one another in the name of God. Muslims are the only people I know of that make Holy War against others of their own religion. fubar the only reason they coexisted in Iraq was Saddam Hussien. He didn't put up with their crap, and they were all afraid of him.
Christians did slaughter each other by the thousands in the past and as you pointed out we have evolved some since then. These dictators like Hussein and Assad are the only ones who seem to be able to keep the people from killing each other. We are backing the wrong side in Syria the same way we were wrong in Iraq. We even (I hate to say it) probably backed the wrong side in Libya, but time will tell. We also backed the wrong people in Iran but that might still work its way out.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#14 Jul 9, 2014
Texan wrote:
We should not have come in. When there is a terrorist attack on this country, retaliate with the same cruelty that they do. Make the entire Muslim world fear us. Just say NO MORE OF YOUR SHIT OR ELSE! Then BACK IT UP! That sir is the only thing those people understand.
That's right! Send them a strongly worded letter. Then they will think twice about acting up.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#15 Jul 9, 2014
Not a letter, after the very next terrorist attack, retaliate and then say NO MORE! Granted the gutless puke that's in the White House won't do it. BUT it needs to be done, it is the only thing they understand. As for your statement fubar, which war did the Christians fight and kill each other in the name of God? Name one.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#16 Jul 9, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny. They coexistence in Iraq until as one moron lied about WMDs and invaded and started a sectarian Civil war. The big losers were the millions of Christians who were run out of the country after our criminal invasion. They also lived together in Syria under Assad. They also coexist in Jordan. Christians and Muslims live together in Palestine too. The truth is out there if you bother to look.
"They coexist in Iraq"?????....Really?.... Want a redo? How about Syria, where Christians are beheaded, for not converting to Islam?......
SamDamnit

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jul 10, 2014
Subaen allaha hi wabi ham dihi...allahu ta allaha ta allaha hi
Elaine

Houston, TX

#18 Jul 10, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> "They coexist in Iraq"?????....Really?.... Want a redo? How about Syria, where Christians are beheaded, for not converting to Islam?......
Better check your countries. Islamic extremists are likely to do it anywhere, including here. But the Syrian Government under Assad is relatively friendly to Christians.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#19 Jul 11, 2014
Elaine wrote:
<quoted text>
Better check your countries. Islamic extremists are likely to do it anywhere, including here. But the Syrian Government under Assad is relatively friendly to Christians.
Yeah, when he isn't gassing the rest....right......
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#20 Jul 11, 2014
Relatively friendly to Christians? I would say that is a relative statement that would depend on how YOU define friendly. The Muslim religion tells them to convert or kill the infidel; THAT WOULD BE US; just in case you haven't figured that one out yet.. I did just have a great idea. We could send Elaine and that guy, you know the one that claims to have all the answers to the middle east and have them set those Muslims straight. Yep, they would have things fixed in no time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where is the #1 rated location 1 hr girl, please 10
The Confederate flag is a symbol of pride. 1 hr girl, please 9
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 13 hr Fartman 904
Homophobe A.G. Paxton "You don't need to do you... 14 hr Defiant1 17
Happy Independence Day 19 hr red dawn 2
Ted cruz 19 hr red dawn 20
Trump Sat fubar 1
More from around the web

Baytown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Baytown Mortgages