Comments
301 - 320 of 350 Comments Last updated Jul 8, 2014

Since: Oct 12

Cloverdale, IN

#304 Jan 25, 2013
WHAT IN THE WORLD!! STILL NOTHING, NO ONE ARRESTED, I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!! ONLY IN LAPORTE....
RIP LITTLE SHAWN

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

#305 Jan 25, 2013
across the miles wrote:
WHAT IN THE WORLD!! STILL NOTHING, NO ONE ARRESTED, I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!! ONLY IN LAPORTE....
RIP LITTLE SHAWN
Nothing will happen until we get a LOCAL Chief of Police that cares about the local citizenry.

This one only focuses on his bi-monthly City Council speech and supporting building projects.

Since: Jan 11

United States

#306 Jan 26, 2013
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing will happen until we get a LOCAL Chief of Police that cares about the local citizenry.

This one only focuses on his bi-monthly City Council speech and supporting building projects.
It shows how hollow you are to think the chief has so much control on everything in the community or the pd. he is one very small piece and doesnt control everything. For you to suggest all murders have gone unsolved shows your lack of knowledge, most over the years have been solved. There are some open cases that have been shared with the rangers and other agencies and without public help, will likely never be solved. Although they may have strong suspects, it is the DA that must accept and file charges. Getting harris county DA to see the light is sometimes challenging. As for this case, there were obviously a number of people (more than one) if you read the stories, and getting it down to one for the DA to file a charge can be challenging. For those who suggest LP cops were enjoying the holidays instead of thinking about this victim, you are as cruel as the murderer of this child.

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

#307 Jan 26, 2013
empireboy wrote:
<quoted text>
It shows how hollow you are to think the chief has so much control on everything in the community or the pd. he is one very small piece and doesnt control everything. For you to suggest all murders have gone unsolved shows your lack of knowledge, most over the years have been solved. There are some open cases that have been shared with the rangers and other agencies and without public help, will likely never be solved. Although they may have strong suspects, it is the DA that must accept and file charges. Getting harris county DA to see the light is sometimes challenging. As for this case, there were obviously a number of people (more than one) if you read the stories, and getting it down to one for the DA to file a charge can be challenging. For those who suggest LP cops were enjoying the holidays instead of thinking about this victim, you are as cruel as the murderer of this child.
Hey, the LPPD had no problem convincing a DA to accept bogus charges against me... if they worked half as hard to find the murderer of this baby the whole thing would have been over by now!!!

The Chief does not control EVERYTHING... and he IS just a very small piece... but he IS a piece of the PROBLEM!!!!!

He was brought to La Porte by the corruption controlling our city government... and he HAS to go!!!!

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

#308 Jan 26, 2013
empireboy wrote:
<quoted text>
It shows how hollow you are to think the chief has so much control on everything in the community or the pd. he is one very small piece and doesnt control everything. For you to suggest all murders have gone unsolved shows your lack of knowledge, most over the years have been solved. There are some open cases that have been shared with the rangers and other agencies and without public help, will likely never be solved. Although they may have strong suspects, it is the DA that must accept and file charges. Getting harris county DA to see the light is sometimes challenging. As for this case, there were obviously a number of people (more than one) if you read the stories, and getting it down to one for the DA to file a charge can be challenging. For those who suggest LP cops were enjoying the holidays instead of thinking about this victim, you are as cruel as the murderer of this child.
Not really. Let's see. Last time I checked La Porte and Houston were both part of Harris County and use the services of the same DA's office. If you research news archives you will find that when a child is killed in Houston there is almost an immediate arrest of the person who is responsible. LPPD uses that bs line all the time...oh, well we called the DA, and they didn't accept the charges. The DA taking the call knows only what the officer is telling him. LPPD officers are lazy and corrupt. Just more work on their part if charges are accepted. Of course, if they dont like someone they are more than happy to present it to the DA to get charges and do the work. There were a limited number of people involved with this baby, and someone should have already been held responsible. Not enough people in La Porte will hold the people in charge responsible, so it will continue as it is. As for Shawn and his family, I want them to know he isn't forgotten, and their pain isn't forgotten even if they have been ignored by the LPPD.

Since: Jan 11

United States

#309 Jan 27, 2013
Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>Not really. Let's see. Last time I checked La Porte and Houston were both part of Harris County and use the services of the same DA's office. If you research news archives you will find that when a child is killed in Houston there is almost an immediate arrest of the person who is responsible. LPPD uses that bs line all the time...oh, well we called the DA, and they didn't accept the charges. The DA taking the call knows only what the officer is telling him. LPPD officers are lazy and corrupt. Just more work on their part if charges are accepted. Of course, if they dont like someone they are more than happy to present it to the DA to get charges and do the work. There were a limited number of people involved with this baby, and someone should have already been held responsible. Not enough people in La Porte will hold the people in charge responsible, so it will continue as it is. As for Shawn and his family, I want them to know he isn't forgotten, and their pain isn't forgotten even if they have been ignored by the LPPD.
Be careful when you say always, never, immediately, etc. they make you look like a fool since that is not logical or possible. News archives and news are hardly accurately and usually biased, since humans are doing the writing. I would be careful too saying you sympathize with the family. Be more specific and rule some of them out for sympathy since a family member or close friend is obviously responsible for the death. All must assume fault, the family, the police, the DA, and cps.

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

#310 Jan 27, 2013
empireboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful when you say always, never, immediately, etc. they make you look like a fool since that is not logical or possible. News archives and news are hardly accurately and usually biased, since humans are doing the writing. I would be careful too saying you sympathize with the family. Be more specific and rule some of them out for sympathy since a family member or close friend is obviously responsible for the death. All must assume fault, the family, the police, the DA, and cps.
Though I disagree with most of your previous post in this string... I agree 99.9% with this one... but not absolutely, completely or totally.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

#311 Jan 27, 2013
empireboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful when you say always, never, immediately, etc. they make you look like a fool since that is not logical or possible. News archives and news are hardly accurately and usually biased, since humans are doing the writing. I would be careful too saying you sympathize with the family. Be more specific and rule some of them out for sympathy since a family member or close friend is obviously responsible for the death. All must assume fault, the family, the police, the DA, and cps.
.

I have no personal knowledge of this family, and, having close friends who lost children this year, I do sympathize with them. Regardless of the fact that someone was responsible, those who weren't lost the most precious gift God can give us in this life.

As far as false news reports, etc. You should be careful who you caution. I read every day's criminal and civil filings just because I enjoy it, and I can, so the news is not my primary source of information. So, your caution is unwarranted.
Again, the LPPD is corrupt and lazy from what I have seen. Even if there is a legitimate reason no one has been arrested, there is no excuse if the family has not been kept informed and is not sure that anyone in the PD cares about Shawn's murder.

Since: Oct 12

Cloverdale, IN

#312 Jan 27, 2013
What is the problem? my understanding, 2 people in the home...one of which (the mother) is not guilty! I do know the family and for many, many years! I watched the babies mother grow from a baby...she and her parents are good people, I love them dearly. My heart breaks for the families !!
What can anyone do at this point to get justice for this baby ??????

Since: Jan 11

United States

#313 Jan 27, 2013
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>Though I disagree with most of your previous post in this string... I agree 99.9% with this one... but not absolutely, completely or totally.
I feel better!

Since: Jan 11

United States

#314 Jan 27, 2013
Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>.

I have no personal knowledge of this family, and, having close friends who lost children this year, I do sympathize with them. Regardless of the fact that someone was responsible, those who weren't lost the most precious gift God can give us in this life.

As far as false news reports, etc. You should be careful who you caution. I read every day's criminal and civil filings just because I enjoy it, and I can, so the news is not my primary source of information. So, your caution is unwarranted.
Again, the LPPD is corrupt and lazy from what I have seen. Even if there is a legitimate reason no one has been arrested, there is no excuse if the family has not been kept informed and is not sure that anyone in the PD cares about Shawn's murder.
"I have no personal knowledge of this family...", then you allege they have not been kept informed. Obviously, both statements cannot accurate. You read criminal filings, which has nothing to do with open , on going investigations. Your profile name says it all.

Since: Jan 11

United States

#315 Jan 27, 2013
across the miles wrote:
What is the problem? my understanding, 2 people in the home...one of which (the mother) is not guilty! I do know the family and for many, many years! I watched the babies mother grow from a baby...she and her parents are good people, I love them dearly. My heart breaks for the families !!
What can anyone do at this point to get justice for this baby ??????
How do you know who was in the home(more specifically, who was with the baby)? How do you the mother is innocent? Since your suspects are limited in your opinion, perhaps you should further insight to detectives. Not sayiing it would help, but couldnt hurt. I agree though, very frustrating the more time that goes by.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

#316 Jan 27, 2013
empireboy wrote:
<quoted text>
"I have no personal knowledge of this family...", then you allege they have not been kept informed. Obviously, both statements cannot accurate. You read criminal filings, which has nothing to do with open , on going investigations. Your profile name says it all.
I guess if you have a small mind it is difficult for it to all make sense.
1. You implied news reports about perpetrators being arrested quickly in Houston as compared to La Porte were often false and biased and that reading criminal filings every day didn't include investigative reports. So, let me link this together for you. A criminal filing confirms whether or not the suspect shown on the news has truly been charged or arrested, so whether or not the news is accurate is irrelevant. An investigative report is also irrelevant as to whether the person has been charged or arrested, and investigative reports are not released to the public, anyway, so that was a stupid thing for you to bring up, anyway. The criminal filing only contains a few documents. The amount of information available on the Harris County is significantly more and includes criminal history, case activities and settings, bond information, charging instruments and indictments, and so on.
2. Not being personally acquainted with Shawn's family does not preclude one from being made aware of situations through whatever means or from voicing are and co cern for their loss. One thing I notice as absent is anything from Shawn's family disagreeing with what has been said against the LPPD and voicing their support and satisfaction with the handling of Shawn's death by the LPPD.

Since: Jan 11

Ballwin, MO

#317 Jan 29, 2013
Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>I guess if you have a small mind it is difficult for it to all make sense.
1. You implied news reports about perpetrators being arrested quickly in Houston as compared to La Porte were often false and biased and that reading criminal filings every day didn't include investigative reports. So, let me link this together for you. A criminal filing confirms whether or not the suspect shown on the news has truly been charged or arrested, so whether or not the news is accurate is irrelevant. An investigative report is also irrelevant as to whether the person has been charged or arrested, and investigative reports are not released to the public, anyway, so that was a stupid thing for you to bring up, anyway. The criminal filing only contains a few documents. The amount of information available on the Harris County is significantly more and includes criminal history, case activities and settings, bond information, charging instruments and indictments, and so on.
2. Not being personally acquainted with Shawn's family does not preclude one from being made aware of situations through whatever means or from voicing are and co cern for their loss. One thing I notice as absent is anything from Shawn's family disagreeing with what has been said against the LPPD and voicing their support and satisfaction with the handling of Shawn's death by the LPPD.
I dont think you will see anything from them unless they post as "momma", etc, unless you know specific posters. The press does not print everything or or every case, or every detail. Media is pretty much useless and printed at 8th grade level, which i guess is ok for you. I respect your opinion but disagree with parts of it. I pray the culprit is nailed and rots in jail.
sad

Houston, TX

#318 Jan 29, 2013
I want justice!!!!!!!!

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

#319 Jan 29, 2013
empireboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think you will see anything from them unless they post as "momma", etc, unless you know specific posters. The press does not print everything or or every case, or every detail. Media is pretty much useless and printed at 8th grade level, which i guess is ok for you. I respect your opinion but disagree with parts of it. I pray the culprit is nailed and rots in jail.
You make a lot of assumptions, and, like I said, little, if any, of my information comes from news media. Still anything I ever share is by choice and not always an indicator of the sum total of what I know. Whatever information I possess is mine to share and not someone else's to take.
sad

Houston, TX

#320 Jan 30, 2013
how do we get the media involved again?! this is ridiculous!!!
Shawns Grandpa

Pasadena, TX

#321 Jan 30, 2013
sad wrote:
how do we get the media involved again?! this is ridiculous!!!
For now please don't.

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

#322 Jan 30, 2013
Shawns Grandpa wrote:
<quoted text>
For now please don't.
At some point... when your family decides it's right... the people will stand behind you.

Just let us know.
Shawns Grandpa

Pasadena, TX

#323 Feb 1, 2013
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
At some point... when your family decides it's right... the people will stand behind you.
Just let us know.
Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Darwinism in Arizona 3 min Elaine 8
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 45 min The 17,878
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Defiant1 22,294
Jeff Pound and Becky Cobb (Jul '13) 10 hr DP CASSIE 20
Youth Wrestling coming to La Porte! 10 hr Heavy Fed 25
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 13 hr Wow Wee 524
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) 14 hr That Fart Guy 722
•••

Baytown News Video

•••
•••

Baytown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baytown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Baytown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baytown
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••