Wal-Mart redoes Spring Branch store with Hispanic focus

Mar 27, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Houston Chronicle

Wal-Mart is transforming two of its Neighborhood Markets into Supermercado de Walmart stores.

Comments (Page 13)

Showing posts 241 - 253 of253
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jim C

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#270
Oct 4, 2010
 

Judged:

2

Freddy Villa Zapata jr wrote:
Walmart sees the wave of the future.....the hispanic market is growing.....look at HEB, they have made stores called MI TIENDA[my store] with a Mexican style supermarket[the first was in Pasadena,Tx} and it has real good business.....now WalMart is seeking to get in this market.....so all you "crackers" better get use to it.....hispanics are here to stay.....we will soon marry your daughters and be your family members.....so give me a hug father-in-law!
Thats to be expected,give up the American way for the love of the dollar,the rude awakining is near lol.
Jim C

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271
Oct 4, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

Just think folks when the invasion is complete,just imagine lol.One big giant Mexico.Thank god I grew up in the 50's and 60's atleast I got a tatse of America.I feel really sorry for my grandchildren they will never know.
Jim C

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#272
Oct 4, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

Just think when the Mexican drug cartels take over the streets of America,beheadings,murder,rape ,kid knapping oh boy what a future to look forward to.Mexico reminds me a lot of the terrorist organizations.Think they get off on copying these freaks.
A Southern Gentleman

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#273
Oct 4, 2010
 
You know... Usually I try not to judge people too harshly and have at least a little respect for their opinions if it's apparent that they put thought into it and at least based it on some facts (Because I allow for people to be misguided in their views from time to time... It happens to all of us. It's part of learning).... But holy shit there are some stupid people here. No matter how many facts you present to them, they will continue to play the race card in place of any reasonable refutation. This is why issues like race, immigration and virtually anything else will never be settled in a mature manner because people will always resort to saying 'it's all about hate' or 'it's racist!'. It's seriously ridiculous...
Jim C

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274
Oct 5, 2010
 
A Southern Gentleman wrote:
You know... Usually I try not to judge people too harshly and have at least a little respect for their opinions if it's apparent that they put thought into it and at least based it on some facts (Because I allow for people to be misguided in their views from time to time... It happens to all of us. It's part of learning).... But holy shit there are some stupid people here. No matter how many facts you present to them, they will continue to play the race card in place of any reasonable refutation. This is why issues like race, immigration and virtually anything else will never be settled in a mature manner because people will always resort to saying 'it's all about hate' or 'it's racist!'. It's seriously ridiculous...
Has nothing to do with race,its reality do you live under a rock.Don't get out much.Nieghborhoods in Houston have murders on a daily basis,so much so its becoming common.Just the other day ago I go to purchase gas when I pulled in to the station there a hispanic man laid out on the driveway with his head blown off.Would mention some latino gang issues we have here but obviously you wouldn't understand.This is what a lot of these people are use to doing,not much law and order where they come from.Old habits are hard to break.This is not the future of America most folks were counting on.Better wake up for the sake of your kids,grandchildren ect. if you have any.
susan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#275
Oct 5, 2010
 
Jim C wrote:
<quoted text>Has nothing to do with race,its reality do you live under a rock.Don't get out much.Nieghborhoods in Houston have murders on a daily basis,so much so its becoming common.Just the other day ago I go to purchase gas when I pulled in to the station there a hispanic man laid out on the driveway with his head blown off.Would mention some latino gang issues we have here but obviously you wouldn't understand.This is what a lot of these people are use to doing,not much law and order where they come from.Old habits are hard to break.This is not the future of America most folks were counting on.Better wake up for the sake of your kids,grandchildren ect. if you have any.
Oh really, I didn't know that only Hispanics were the only people committing crime in Houston and the USA! According to you, Latinos are the only ones that murder, rob and are the only ones that the police have to worry about! Whites, blacks and Asians are not capable of any crime and are model citizens according to you! Get real, wake up! Criminals come from every race!
susan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#276
Oct 5, 2010
 
Jim C wrote:
Just think folks when the invasion is complete,just imagine lol.One big giant Mexico.Thank god I grew up in the 50's and 60's atleast I got a tatse of America.I feel really sorry for my grandchildren they will never know.
The Native Americans must have felt the same way that you feel when the invasion of their native lands started and finally taken over by force by Europeans!
bubba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#277
Oct 6, 2010
 
Jim C wrote:
Just think when the Mexican drug cartels take over the streets of America,beheadings,murder,rape ,kid knapping oh boy what a future to look forward to.Mexico reminds me a lot of the terrorist organizations.Think they get off on copying these freaks.
You seem to have survived in the USA all these years with gangs active in organize crime like The Mafia, Hells Angels, numerous other biker gangs and other groups that deal in drugs, murders, pimps, rape, kidnap and do other crime! Those gangs and cut throats have been dealing in crime for years in the USA! I guess with all the hate you have in you forgot about all those gangs that are active in organize crime in the USA and have been doing so for years!
Jim C

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278
Oct 6, 2010
 
chico grande wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Sam, this is Texas sir.....Whites hate everything that is not white.....they hate the colors brown, black and yellow.....how can we respect people that hate us.....we love this land also, a lot of us have been born here in the USA, we have served in the military, we have worked in Civil Service, we speack English and yet we are called Mexicans, wetbacks, beaners, illegals and other names and have been told to go back to Mexico.....hell, we are used to it; we know we are in Texas and the USA!!!!!
Its amazing how hispanics the ones here legally always seem to not know the reason why Americans are sick of illegal Mexicans,realistic numbers of illeagals is over 40 million,not including those from other Countries what the hell do you all expect ??
Jim C

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#279
Oct 6, 2010
 
bubba wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to have survived in the USA all these years with gangs active in organize crime like The Mafia, Hells Angels, numerous other biker gangs and other groups that deal in drugs, murders, pimps, rape, kidnap and do other crime! Those gangs and cut throats have been dealing in crime for years in the USA! I guess with all the hate you have in you forgot about all those gangs that are active in organize crime in the USA and have been doing so for years!
Just been lucky,go tohttp://www.immigrationshuman cost.org/ tell the family members of these people what you mentioned up above.Let me know how it works out.
Jim C

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#280
Oct 6, 2010
 
susan wrote:
<quoted text>Oh really, I didn't know that only Hispanics were the only people committing crime in Houston and the USA! According to you, Latinos are the only ones that murder, rob and are the only ones that the police have to worry about! Whites, blacks and Asians are not capable of any crime and are model citizens according to you! Get real, wake up! Criminals come from every race!
Hey dumb dumb it was hispanics,get real this nieghborhood is all hispanic mostly illegals,actually this nieghborhood is probably 50 square miles,go visit north Houston around aldine mail route I-59 all around that area see what you think.P.S you might want to wear a bullet proof vest you never know about the cross fire in those parts.
A Southern Gentleman

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#282
Oct 20, 2010
 
Jim C wrote:
<quoted text>Has nothing to do with race,its reality do you live under a rock.Don't get out much.Nieghborhoods in Houston have murders on a daily basis,so much so its becoming common.Just the other day ago I go to purchase gas when I pulled in to the station there a hispanic man laid out on the driveway with his head blown off.Would mention some latino gang issues we have here but obviously you wouldn't understand.This is what a lot of these people are use to doing,not much law and order where they come from.Old habits are hard to break.This is not the future of America most folks were counting on.Better wake up for the sake of your kids,grandchildren ect. if you have any.
Yeah... That was my point. I'm saying it's not about race. I'm saying it's ridiculous when you try & reason with people using facts, they usually respond "it's all about hate!" or "it's racism!" & refuse to listen. When in reality, it's the fact that the criminals have more control over Mexico than the government does & have the numbers & firepower of a standing army.

To the person bringing up the mafia & Hell's Angels: Yes, they are dangerous & have been just as much a threat as the Mexican cartels. When they became too much of a threat, US authorities arrested many of them & hampered any further expansion. That's why the mafia & many motorcycle clubs do not have as much power as they had in the past. That's not to say that they no longer exist & aren't still in business, but they're controlled to an extent.

The cartels & other criminal groups of the countries south of our border are beyond our full reach of enforcement. Many of them are just as powerful as their country's governments. It's not wise to have a border as open as ours when there are hostile armies that are not bound by such things as the Geneva Convention, that can easily slip people into the US.

When the cartels of Mexico take over an area, they destroy businesses & force many civilians to do their dirty work or face starvation. They use civilians to make it harder for authorities to detect & intercept any drugs entering the US. Some cartels have grown so bold that they cross over to the US themselves armed with military-grade weapons to push their drugs or protect their routes from rivals.

Maybe some have not heard of the areas of Southern Arizona that have signs posted along their entrance warning Americans to continue at their own risk because their safety cannot be ensured? The cartels are already here! Arizona's local authorities cannot combat them & our federal government refuses to. A foreign army has invaded a part of the continental United States & the people who have the power to take it back won't lift a finger to do so. When did anyone think they would see the day?

The cartels aren't just a Mexican or even an American problem anymore. In recent years, they've all set up shop in West Africa working with local criminals to gain easier access to the European drug market. One cartel, Los Zetas, has even set up shop in Southern Italy working with the mafia.

This is why border security is important. Security does not equal racism or xenophobia or hate, It helps insure that the problems Mexico is dealing with this very moment don't spill over into the US. Or at the very least if it does spill over, it's not as severe as it is in Mexico.

Another problem with our lax immigration policy is we can't be sure who's criminals & who's not. Who's small time criminals & who's cartel. With the twisted interpretations of our constitution being used against us & sanctuary cities shielding illegal immigrants from US authorities, it's like we've set ourselves up to fall.

People need to realize that we come from different societies. We'll never get along if there is no mutual respect. The US has been VERY tolerant & has bent over backwards more than we should. Fact is, Mexico has no respect for our country & teaches it's people the lie that the US stole their land.
A Southern Gentleman

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#283
Oct 23, 2010
 
susan wrote:
<quoted text>The Native Americans must have felt the same way that you feel when the invasion of their native lands started and finally taken over by force by Europeans!
Possibly... And your point is? Because one set of people invaded another set of people over one hundred years ago, he's not allowed to feel how the indians possibly felt?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 241 - 253 of253
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Baytown News Video

•••
•••

Baytown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baytown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Baytown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baytown
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••