Johnny

United States

#41 Mar 25, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you accused me of lying, I welcome you to go to the source. I don't mean asking Mr. Pound his tainted opinion of what happened. Go ask for incident reports for the following.
Webster PD - OFFENSE NO: 98001391 - POUND, JEFFERY WADE - BURGLARY OF VEHICLE (M)
Webster PD - OFFENSE NO: 98001391 - POUND, JEFFERY WADE - HARASSMENT - VERBAL (M)
Deer Park PD - OFFENSE NO: 2010406 - POUND, JEFFERY WADE - ASSAULT-FAMILY MEMBER (M)
I understand you guys like him because he is a conservative. I know many successful conservatives in Deer Park who don't have a criminal record, why not run one of them?
I think that's why so many support him, because nobody is running him. It is interesting that the some that have controlled City Hall for so many years is not supporting him. You think perhaps after 4 years on council he had an inside look at what was going on. You think maybe there is a reason for him running against the establishment knowing how negative that they might be. He thinks he cares. I think you have to stand up at some point against it all. Did you put your name on a ballot this year to do something about it. If so, which one is it.
NotConvictions

Pasadena, TX

#42 Mar 25, 2013
Well, you must be really worried he will beat you or your friend in the election! Everyone knows this was all girlfriend and boyfriend or family related and there were no convictions. Anyone can file charges on anyone. The truth comes out in court!All charges were dismissed, just like we dismiss your postings. Why don't you check with his high school teachers too. I bet a few of them don't like him. This has been hashed to death and he always came out on top. And sure there are some that have controlled City Hall for many years not supporting him. They want things to stay under their control. Now go back to your gardening!
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>I think that's why so many support him, because nobody is running him. It is interesting that the some that have controlled City Hall for so many years is not supporting him. You think perhaps after 4 years on council he had an inside look at what was going on. You think maybe there is a reason for him running against the establishment knowing how negative that they might be. He thinks he cares. I think you have to stand up at some point against it all. Did you put your name on a ballot this year to do something about it. If so, which one is it.
The Truth

Houston, TX

#43 Mar 25, 2013
Jeff Pound and I are two different men. Never run for office. I have also never hit my wife (I still don't understand why so many brush this off as nothing. Seriously, who sits back and laughs about, "Hey honey, remember that time I did nothing and you called the police saying I grabbed your hair and slammed you against the wall? That was PRETTY funny dear!")

I am a left leaning Independent, and I also thought it was a crime when Clinton committed purgery. I think leaders should be held to a higher standard, and Clinton should have resigned. Pound is a much lower level leader, but he is still a leader. He should resign as well.
Really

Pasadena, TX

#44 Mar 25, 2013
Are you sure you and Jeff are not the same man? What in the world does Clinton have to do with any of this, unless you are saying you don't inhale when you lean to the left and Jeff leans to the right? You probably never had a wife and you really don't know much if you think Pound already has a position to resign from. You must enjoy putting others down. At least you admit Pound is still a leader, even if it is a much lower level leader. Maybe if he gets low enough he can see the snake crawling out from under the rock as we do. Now as someone else said, get back to your gardening!
The Truth wrote:
Jeff Pound and I are two different men. Never run for office. I have also never hit my wife (I still don't understand why so many brush this off as nothing. Seriously, who sits back and laughs about, "Hey honey, remember that time I did nothing and you called the police saying I grabbed your hair and slammed you against the wall? That was PRETTY funny dear!")
I am a left leaning Independent, and I also thought it was a crime when Clinton committed purgery. I think leaders should be held to a higher standard, and Clinton should have resigned. Pound is a much lower level leader, but he is still a leader. He should resign as well.
The Truth

Deer Park, TX

#45 Mar 25, 2013
Really wrote:
Are you sure you and Jeff are not the same man? What in the world does Clinton have to do with any of this, unless you are saying you don't inhale when you lean to the left and Jeff leans to the right? You probably never had a wife and you really don't know much if you think Pound already has a position to resign from. You must enjoy putting others down. At least you admit Pound is still a leader, even if it is a much lower level leader. Maybe if he gets low enough he can see the snake crawling out from under the rock as we do. Now as someone else said, get back to your gardening!<quoted text>
Is it your contention "Really" that anyone who has a wife beats her? I assure you, I am happily married and real men don't hit women.
Really

Pasadena, TX

#46 Mar 25, 2013
Did my post say that Dumba@s?I don't think so. You must have beaten as a child, your reasoning is really messed up. If you were a real man you wouldn't hide behind a computer and bash people Mr truth!.
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it your contention "Really" that anyone who has a wife beats her? I assure you, I am happily married and real men don't hit women.
Name Three

Pasadena, TX

#48 Mar 25, 2013
Appreciate the police are the ones that recommend the charges, and two separate law enforcement agencies took the charges to the DA.

Battered women in far to many cases beg for the charges to be dropped after being threatened by their spouse of retaliation.

So let's reward him again.

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#49 Mar 25, 2013
This is so ridiculous. Early in my marriage my husband and I had a fight. He slapped me and I slapped him right back. Who cares.... We all have things we think back on and regret. Jeff is a good man who will represent our city well. Quit the stupid mudslinging and focus on the issues. Nothing wrong with married people getting the red ass with each other from time to time. Good grief! There is no abuse going on, or he and his wife would not still be together, just as my hubby and I are still together after 20+ years. Sometimes we lose our tempers..... Hells bells, this is so silly.

“Perplexed”

Deer Park

#50 Mar 25, 2013
Name Three wrote:
Appreciate the police are the ones that recommend the charges, and two separate law enforcement agencies took the charges to the DA.
Battered women in far to many cases beg for the charges to be dropped after being threatened by their spouse of retaliation.
So let's reward him again.
Ask her if she is battered.... Give it a rest.
Bill

Houston, TX

#51 Mar 26, 2013
Well you know some will try to destroy anyone who they feel are a threat. Apparently the Mouton group takes both Jeff and Larry as serious trouble for their campaign and will go to continue mudslinging and anything else that they feel will help Jerry. That says a lot about what kind of a Mayor, if elected, he (Jerry Mouton) would be. I can think of a lot of people Riddle could have selected to support, but then IMO he and others wouldn't be able to control them either.

IMO this is all about continuing their control after stepping down and the so called machine is grinding out rumors and attacks in hopes of saving their failing candidate, Jerry Mouton. Deer Park is better than that!

Most of the mud slinging is coming from those who claim they are Christian. Sling your crap during the week and then go to church and walk around thinking how holy you are. Sickening!

“Perplexed”

Deer Park

#52 Mar 26, 2013
Amen Bill... Spot on.
The Truth

Houston, TX

#53 Mar 26, 2013
sdjs wrote:
This is so ridiculous. Early in my marriage my husband and I had a fight. He slapped me and I slapped him right back. Who cares.... We all have things we think back on and regret. Jeff is a good man who will represent our city well. Quit the stupid mudslinging and focus on the issues. Nothing wrong with married people getting the red ass with each other from time to time. Good grief! There is no abuse going on, or he and his wife would not still be together, just as my hubby and I are still together after 20+ years. Sometimes we lose our tempers..... Hells bells, this is so silly.
Did you fear for your safety so much that you felt the need to call the police, his wife did?
Bill

Houston, TX

#54 Mar 26, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you fear for your safety so much that you felt the need to call the police, his wife did?
More of the Mouton, Riddle, and Burke trash posting, IMO! Just backs up my previous posting!
winston zeddemore

Houston, TX

#55 Mar 26, 2013
The Truth wrote:
If you are "left-leaning," then you are not independent, you're are retarded.
winston zeddemore

Houston, TX

#56 Mar 26, 2013
Bill wrote:
Well you know some will try to destroy anyone who they feel are a threat. Apparently the Mouton group takes both Jeff and Larry as serious trouble for their campaign and will go to continue mudslinging and anything else that they feel will help Jerry. That says a lot about what kind of a Mayor, if elected, he (Jerry Mouton) would be. I can think of a lot of people Riddle could have selected to support, but then IMO he and others wouldn't be able to control them either.
IMO this is all about continuing their control after stepping down and the so called machine is grinding out rumors and attacks in hopes of saving their failing candidate, Jerry Mouton. Deer Park is better than that!
Most of the mud slinging is coming from those who claim they are Christian. Sling your crap during the week and then go to church and walk around thinking how holy you are. Sickening!
Bill, if you have no solid proof Mouton is on here causing trouble you need to keep your accusations to yourself.

“Perplexed”

Deer Park

#57 Mar 26, 2013
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
More of the Mouton, Riddle, and Burke trash posting, IMO! Just backs up my previous posting!
You might be right. Lol
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#58 Mar 26, 2013
winston zeddemore wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are "left-leaning," then you are not independent, you're are retarded.
LOL!!!!!!!! Now ain't that the truth!.
yooflungpoo

Baytown, TX

#59 Mar 30, 2013
Bill wrote:
refresh my memory....

who was it that went ape shit over an illegal sign on a fence???
Truth

Deer Park, TX

#61 Mar 31, 2013
Most of the people posting have a dog in the fight. I would be 80 percent of the posts are by the candidates or their surrogates.

For and objective opinion:

1. The guy was charged with three misdemeanors, he wasn't convicted of any.

2. The being said, you would be surprised how much you can get dropped with a good attorney. He has issues, most honest, upstanding people don't have these kinds of problems. No way around it.

3. Despite that, there is a really sleazy element that is playing the arrests to the hilt because they are afraid. Power is intoxicating and those who possess it are afraid to lose it even though after a while the only purpose it serves is their own.

4. There should be some new blood interjected into the city to give a fresh perspective, the city needs it. We went from being a the place people wanted to live, to a suburb of Pasadena. The only educated middle-class people who want to live here, were raised here. Pearland is the new Deer Park. We are third-rate having the same tired people running the show.

5. The answer isn't Jeff Pound. We can do better than this, or maybe we can't. Maybe our die is already cast.
DeerParkProud

Pasadena, TX

#62 Mar 31, 2013
In your opinion, who shoukd we support for Mayor?
Truth wrote:
Most of the people posting have a dog in the fight. I would be 80 percent of the posts are by the candidates or their surrogates.
For and objective opinion:
1. The guy was charged with three misdemeanors, he wasn't convicted of any.
2. The being said, you would be surprised how much you can get dropped with a good attorney. He has issues, most honest, upstanding people don't have these kinds of problems. No way around it.
3. Despite that, there is a really sleazy element that is playing the arrests to the hilt because they are afraid. Power is intoxicating and those who possess it are afraid to lose it even though after a while the only purpose it serves is their own.
4. There should be some new blood interjected into the city to give a fresh perspective, the city needs it. We went from being a the place people wanted to live, to a suburb of Pasadena. The only educated middle-class people who want to live here, were raised here. Pearland is the new Deer Park. We are third-rate having the same tired people running the show.
5. The answer isn't Jeff Pound. We can do better than this, or maybe we can't. Maybe our die is already cast.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 47 min why 18,349
NFL &Ray Rice 1 hr Texan 45
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Gasman 22,580
Heavy Fed the song 2 hr SamDamnit 151
Homicide of 1 year old in LaPorte (Jul '12) 4 hr Heavy Fed 351
Heavy Fed the beggar 5 hr Heavy Fed 30
Debate: Health Care - Deer Park, TX (Oct '09) 10 hr RNC Rightwing NUT... 16,638
•••

Flood Watch for Harris County was issued at September 18 at 6:07AM CDT

•••

Baytown News Video

•••
•••