Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
15,261 - 15,280 of 21,430 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Joe

Pearsall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Who cares
Lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

...m
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Heck of a deal isn't it? It's a shame you, I, and the rest of the taxpayers pick up the tab for insurance for The House, Senate, and the POTUS and their families and can afford nothing close to that good for ourselves. Kind of like that new pay raise they just voted for themselves. It must be nice! Rs Ds neither give a damn about this country or its people, just how much of our money they can stuff into their own pockets. THAT'S A FACT!
Anonymous

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Go Perry!:)

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Amanda Avalos wrote:
Go Perry!:)
Yes! Perry! Go FAR AWAY!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Correction wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong
He was spray painting graffiti on government cars parked on the street, and stealing street signs. His name is Michael Fay, he is American, and it was 1993. Sentence: 4 months in jail,$3500 fine and 6 strokes of the cane, reduced to 4 strokes because he appealed that this was too many strokes. Guess he couldn't take it like a man. Bill Clinton also appealed on his behalf that the caning strokes should be reduced. After his sentence Fay was shipped back to the USA.
That same year Fay suffered burns from sniffing butane, and 2 years later "he was cited in Florida for a number of violations, including careless driving, reckless driving, not reporting a crash and having an open bottle of alcohol in a car."
2 years after that: "Fay was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, charges to which he confessed but was not found guilty because of technical errors in his arrest."
Nice kid.
Not.
The story when it first came out, was that he spat on the sidewalk.You seen to be keeping up with this guy for some reason.Just wanted to be accurate? Being arrested for marijuana doesn't make someone a monster.Did he or did he not, get caned?
OKG

Ingleside, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Nombre STFU
tesd

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

test
silly

Crockett, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The story when it first came out, was that he spat on the sidewalk.You seen to be keeping up with this guy for some reason.Just wanted to be accurate? Being arrested for marijuana doesn't make someone a monster.Did he or did he not, get caned?
Actually I simply Googled it, like anyone with half a brain who really wanted to look up some facts would do. Just as you could have done if you had REALLY wanted to know any of the facts instead of just running your piehole.

The story was never that he spat on a sidewalk, and was never reported as such.

As someone who remembers the incident and trial through following it via the media, as it happened, it was always about automobile vandalism with spray paint, and the uproar some idiots made at the time was over the harshness of the punishment for a "graffiti tagger".
party

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

queeee????
Juan Garcia DeBaca PHD

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

party wrote:
queeee????
This is a English speaking thread. Go back to beanerville
whatever

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

American Pride wrote:
Today we are having a Grand Old Party
All the way

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I simply Googled it, like anyone with half a brain who really wanted to look up some facts would do. Just as you could have done if you had REALLY wanted to know any of the facts instead of just running your piehole.
The story was never that he spat on a sidewalk, and was never reported as such.
As someone who remembers the incident and trial through following it via the media, as it happened, it was always about automobile vandalism with spray paint, and the uproar some idiots made at the time was over the harshness of the punishment for a "graffiti tagger".
Sorry about that"silly".I overreacted.Wish I could take it back, but like most mistakes, its still out there for everyone to see.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Can we cane Perry? Oh well, just a thought.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Texan wrote:
Can we cane Perry? Oh well, just a thought.
They say Perry is broke.That would be a strange turn of events.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

He has been broke for a long time, as in beyond repair.
tesd

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

test
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Just read that he is using fuzzy math on education, damn I would just call it what it is, telling lies, come on Wendy just tell it like it is.
tesd

Castroville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

test
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Fail!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Baytown Discussions

Search the Baytown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Heavy Fed the song 1 hr Hit song 109
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr fubar 17,030
sex offender! (May '09) 9 hr Tankietoppie 20
New principals for CPE and Baker 12 hr Rachel 1
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) 12 hr nina roth 595
What happened 13 hr Heavy Fed 17
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 13 hr Gasman 754
•••
•••

Baytown News Video

•••
•••

Baytown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baytown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE