UncleAlbert

Houston, TX

#1 Feb 7, 2011
If the budget is so tight at our Baytown Schools, why is it that the district is running the heat so high that kids are getting sick from the heat at Cedar Bayou Junior High?
Kids and staff were told that the heat is controlled from the administration offices and to quit complaining (or else). 2 teachers and several kids complained of feeling ill from the heat (over 90 degrees!).
GeorgeV

Houston, TX

#2 Feb 8, 2011
This is where they spend all the money. Running up the heat, making the kids sick, instead of putting money into education.
The school district administrators have all the perks while they continue to cut at the school level. The had all the teachers remove all fridges from the school so now the teachers can have cold sodas or their lunches, while the district administration building has fridges that dispence free sodas, etc.
The even pay an employee to "promote" the school caffeterias..... Why do the school caffeterias need a PR person???? Nobody has an answer, but it is a well paid job....
Me in Baytown

Peoria, IL

#3 Feb 9, 2011
Is this an isolated incident or do you think that this has been SOP for twenty years? Is it in one classroom or the entire school. So a hundred adults just wilt under the oppressive heat and no one says anything, maintenance isn't called immediately. Something isn't adding up.

They removed all the fridges from the classrooms from what I understand. They still have a breakroom, like the rest of the modern world. I don't have a refrigerator in my office. I'm still alive.

The marketing coordinator is an Aramark employee, if I'm not mistaken. They don't promote the cafeterias, they promote the meals and nutrition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heavy Fed the song (May '14) 7 hr Heavy Fed 160
Topix blocks the honest truth! 7 hr mountain man 45
Wilson No-Billed! 7 hr Heavy Fed 11
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 16 hr Fossilfarts 744
Ask a former LPISD employee anything! Mon Wow 5
Crabs Mon Lomaxx 4
When the illegals steal your job..... Sun fubar 18

Baytown News Video

Baytown Dating
Find my Match

Baytown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baytown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baytown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]