Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Jun 19, 2014
Story for the day

Pasadena, TX

#1 Dec 7, 2013
This event occurred today in Harris County.

A car theft, an indifferent cop, a robbery, and increased and unnecessary damages for the owner of the stolen car.

A car owner reports his car as stolen. Because the car is under loan/note, he reports the theft to the car lot note owner. The lot/loan company has a GPS tracker on the car. The loan company co-ordinates with police to report where the car is traveling. The police officer who takes the call grows impatient with the process and blows off following the car saying that she does not have all day to search for this vehicle. The stolen car is then used in a robbery. The police find the stolen car abandoned and have it towed to police impound (175.00 tow fee), they will keep it at a minimum through the week-end,(150.00 storage fees), and possibly longer (75.00 per day). These fees will have to be paid by the person who unfortunately had their car stolen from them, thus compounding their injury/damages. The robbery victim/s could possibly have been spared.

All this because the police officer could not be bothered to complete the task of locating the stolen car as originally reported, even with the aid of a tracker.
fubar

San Jose, CA

#2 Dec 8, 2013
Story for the day wrote:
This event occurred today in Harris County.
A car theft, an indifferent cop, a robbery, and increased and unnecessary damages for the owner of the stolen car.
A car owner reports his car as stolen. Because the car is under loan/note, he reports the theft to the car lot note owner. The lot/loan company has a GPS tracker on the car. The loan company co-ordinates with police to report where the car is traveling. The police officer who takes the call grows impatient with the process and blows off following the car saying that she does not have all day to search for this vehicle. The stolen car is then used in a robbery. The police find the stolen car abandoned and have it towed to police impound (175.00 tow fee), they will keep it at a minimum through the week-end,(150.00 storage fees), and possibly longer (75.00 per day). These fees will have to be paid by the person who unfortunately had their car stolen from them, thus compounding their injury/damages. The robbery victim/s could possibly have been spared.
All this because the police officer could not be bothered to complete the task of locating the stolen car as originally reported, even with the aid of a tracker.
Car theft is not seen to be a priority with police dept.s all over our nation. It really should be a mandatory prison sentence and treated as just short of a violent crime. If the car theft is violent the thief should be beaten or shot if caught redhanded. Stealing someone's car can wreck their lives and should be treated accordingly.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#3 Dec 8, 2013
For the longest time in Texas, theft of a man's horse was punishable by hanging. I don't see a problem with reviving that practice.

As far as the impatient cop, they have too many other pressing police matters to attend to. Like writing tickets for using a cell phone in a school zone. Or calling me to tell me my fence does not comply with city code. Or making the donut shop safe from terrorists. Or running me off the road on broadway while he was making an illegal left turn.

So don't blame the cop. They are just keeping the city safe from law abiding, tax paying citizens.

Since: Jan 11

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Dec 12, 2013
Elaine wrote:
For the longest time in Texas, theft of a man's horse was punishable by hanging. I don't see a problem with reviving that practice.

As far as the impatient cop, they have too many other pressing police matters to attend to. Like writing tickets for using a cell phone in a school zone. Or calling me to tell me my fence does not comply with city code. Or making the donut shop safe from terrorists. Or running me off the road on broadway while he was making an illegal left turn.

So don't blame the cop. They are just keeping the city safe from law abiding, tax paying citizens.
I didnt take this as being a LP cop, but i could be wrong. Sounds like a HCSO deputy
james

Houston, TX

#5 Dec 12, 2013
had a HCSO deputy tell me.... his commander told him.... writing tickets brings in money...putting criminals in jail costs money, do not worry about criminals, just keep writing tickets.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#6 Dec 13, 2013
empireboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt take this as being a LP cop, but i could be wrong. Sounds like a HCSO deputy
All LP except for the phone in the school zone.
Truth

La Porte, TX

#7 Dec 13, 2013
Elaine -

I have come to realize (through all your posts, not just this one) that the only vicious circle here is that piehole of yours.

Since: Jan 11

Houston, TX

#8 Dec 13, 2013
I think we are all the same person, just multi personalities living in the twilight zone and using different post names and we dont even realize it. When will we wake up from this nightmare!

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

#9 Dec 17, 2013
I have to agree with Elaine. If you go to the p2c website you read that LP arrest people for many crimes that endanger our citizens. Walking on roadway where sidewalk available. Public intoxication. Lots of traffic offenses that lead to possession of drug paraphernalia. Not any drug busts, though. Funny how there are theft reports but few, if any, arrests for theft. Not much into crime solving these LP officers. More like they drive around sometimes. If they see something occur that isn't too difficult they pull some people over. Rack up any extra charges they can from that. Then they go have a Carls burger.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#10 Dec 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
Elaine -
I have come to realize (through all your posts, not just this one) that the only vicious circle here is that piehole of yours.
I will be happy to compare all of my posts to all of your posts and let the public of Topix decide who is the most vulgar and hateful to the others on this forum.
reeves

Houston, TX

#11 Dec 18, 2013
DO IT
yooflungpoo

Baytown, TX

#12 Dec 18, 2013
Elaine... you might want to retract your offer....
tj hooker

Houston, TX

#13 Dec 18, 2013
May the nastiest sob win...
Lomaxx

Houston, TX

#14 Dec 18, 2013
I'd get in on this if I gave a crap! LOL!
(but leave my truck alone!)
Elaine

Houston, TX

#15 Dec 18, 2013
(waiting)
LP Mike

Pasadena, TX

#16 Dec 18, 2013
Elaine wrote:
(waiting)
What are you waiting on? Do it! Show Truth the truth!
Boomerang

Seattle, WA

#17 Jun 19, 2014
So, are the same old nasty, no life having people still living on the hate they wallow in on Topix?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 10 min L Morales 22,283
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Rudy Canoza 17,869
Youth Wrestling coming to La Porte! 1 hr Heavy Fed 23
Main 101 Grill and Bar always on the Edge even ... 2 hr rdos 2
Three-month-old baby hospitalized with burns an... 6 hr Liberal forever 58
Darwinism in Arizona 9 hr Just Saying 3
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Thu Gasman 663
•••

Baytown News Video

•••
•••

Baytown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000