HPV Vaccine Safe and Effective...

Posted in the Baytown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Elaine

Kennesaw, GA

#1 Feb 27, 2014
http://sciencenordic.com/hpv-vaccine-effectiv...

The vaccine against the dreaded human papillomavirus (HPV), which can trigger the development of cervical cancer, has proved effective in Denmark.

“Our study reveals a reduction of between 40 and 80 percent of cervical precursor lesions in vaccinated women compared to non-vaccinated women. We assume that this figure also applies to the risk of subsequent development of the disease.”

The study is particularly interesting as it is only a few years since the HPV vaccine was implemented in the Danish vaccination program, and seeing such a marked effect after only six or seven years is remarkable:

Too bad the liberal fools prevented the vast majority of poor at-risk girls from getting vaccinated. Our kids could have been protected from cancer like these kids.
Local Yokel

La Porte, TX

#2 Feb 27, 2014
Elaine wrote:
http://sciencenordic.com/hpv-v accine-effective-
Too bad the liberal fools prevented the vast majority of poor at-risk girls from getting vaccinated. Our kids could have been protected from cancer like these kids.
Not every issue is Liberal vs Conservative. Reaction to Gov Perry's proposal to mandate this vaccine to young schoolgirls was met with negative reaction from all Texans. Might help to take a break from Fox News every so often.
Lucy

La Porte, TX

#3 Feb 28, 2014
believe he had a nice kickback from the drug companies. Didn't work out so they did meningitis for college kids. Don't think it had anything to do with kids health.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#4 Feb 28, 2014
Lucy wrote:
believe he had a nice kickback from the drug companies. Didn't work out so they did meningitis for college kids. Don't think it had anything to do with kids health.
Sounds like the results of ObamaCare. It has nothing to do with the health of citizens. Maybe someday, people will wake up and realize that letting government run our lives is very unhealthy for us.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#5 Feb 28, 2014
Are you people serious?

The study proved a 60%-80% reduction in cancerous lesions. The state would have paid for a reduction in cancer in Texas women.

There is absolutely NO evidence whatsoever that Perry benefitted from the proposal. That was just a political smear made by the same people who cry that Republicans have a war on women.

So the Republican governor tries to save women and girls from cancer and gets beat up for it. Who is waging war on women now?

Use your brain. Cancer is bad. Perry tried to help.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#6 Feb 28, 2014
Elaine wrote:
Are you people serious?
The study proved a 60%-80% reduction in cancerous lesions. The state would have paid for a reduction in cancer in Texas women.
There is absolutely NO evidence whatsoever that Perry benefitted from the proposal. That was just a political smear made by the same people who cry that Republicans have a war on women.
So the Republican governor tries to save women and girls from cancer and gets beat up for it. Who is waging war on women now?
OK, but I still stand by what I said about ObamaCare. The results of this monstrosity of a law is showing up daily. As for the "war on women", wasn't that bumper sticker phrase first uttered by Obama for the rest of these liberal idiots to keep repeating?.
Annuit Coeptis

Deer Park, TX

#7 Feb 28, 2014
Gov. Perry's "proposal" was an Executive Order, and edict from the King..er Governor...of Texas after the legislature failed to pass a bill that would have required it. The Attorney General had to rule that the Gov overstepped his authority in issuing such an Executive order, creating a legal mandate, which he did not have legal authority to do.

I, for one, want an option to have my daughter vaccinated, not a legal mandate from the legislature or King Ricky. How about you?
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#8 Feb 28, 2014
Annuit Coeptis wrote:
Gov. Perry's "proposal" was an Executive Order, and edict from the King..er Governor...of Texas after the legislature failed to pass a bill that would have required it. The Attorney General had to rule that the Gov overstepped his authority in issuing such an Executive order, creating a legal mandate, which he did not have legal authority to do.
I, for one, want an option to have my daughter vaccinated, not a legal mandate from the legislature or King Ricky. How about you?
Too bad someone didn't challenge King Barry and his worthless CommieCare bill.
fubar

Corona, CA

#9 Feb 28, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad someone didn't challenge King Barry and his worthless CommieCare bill.
They did and the Supreme Court (stacked with conservatives)ruled it constitutional.

I personally feel the Supreme Court erred.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#10 Mar 1, 2014
Annuit Coeptis wrote:
Vaccinations are good. Cancer, tetanus, diphtheria, polio, TB and influenza are bad. If you are dumb enough to not vaccinate your kids, I suppose you are dumb enough to prevent others (including the poor minorities) from being protected. Wake up.

Even after he was defeated by the legislature, he still tried to help the women of Texas. It's se sad that liberals are playing politics with peoples lives.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#11 Mar 1, 2014
Too bad Perry couldn't have had your mother spayed Elaine. The vaccine was developed by one of his campaign contribtors, can you say pay back? It wasn't ruled that girls couldn't have the vaccine, it was ruled that the would be king can't make them have it. I DO NOT LIKE OR SUPPORT BARRAC OBAMA IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR MANNER. Rick Perry nor Barrac Obama should have the right to tell parents how to raise or medicate their children. Like I said to bad one of them didn't have your mother spayed it amounts to the same thing as mandating medications that you think is such a great idea.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#12 Mar 1, 2014
Texan wrote:
Too bad Perry couldn't have had your mother spayed Elaine. The vaccine was developed by one of his campaign contribtors, can you say pay back? It wasn't ruled that girls couldn't have the vaccine, it was ruled that the would be king can't make them have it. I DO NOT LIKE OR SUPPORT BARRAC OBAMA IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR MANNER. Rick Perry nor Barrac Obama should have the right to tell parents how to raise or medicate their children. Like I said to bad one of them didn't have your mother spayed it amounts to the same thing as mandating medications that you think is such a great idea.
Wow. That's a nice comment about my mother. Do your grandchildren know you say things like that on the web?

Why don't you do a little research and tell me why the vaccinations would not protect Texas women if there was a perfectly legal campaign contribution.

Stay classy, Texan.
fubar

Corona, CA

#13 Mar 2, 2014
Elaine wrote:
Are you people serious?
I agree that all kids should have gotten this vaccine. Children can be exposed through no fault of their own so why not protect them. Cancer that can be avoided that easily should be. It should have been an opt out program. Girls whose parents chose not to get them vaccinated can then explain it to their sick daughters.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#14 Mar 3, 2014
Well the comment about your mother is true. You assume I have grandchildren. I never said the vaccinations would not protect Texas women, or teenage girls for that matter. I just happen to think an idiot like Rick Perry has no right to make those vaccinations manditory. That and the fact that the manufacturer of that vacine happens to be a heavy contributor to Perry just makes it look that much worse. You bitch about Government intrusion into everything else, why not about Government telling us what to give our children? You can't have it both ways Elaine.
Lomaxx

Houston, TX

#15 Mar 3, 2014
They are still burying women who died with this form of cancer...but it can been prevented or lessened because of a vaccine?
HELL YES! Get the vaccine when it's known to help!
Yes, there are folks in Texas that can't afford it and it's a small amount to pay to help these women!

Dying of cancer looks to me as one of the worst ways to die...
Elaine

Tucker, GA

#16 Mar 3, 2014
Texan wrote:
Well the comment about your mother is true. You assume I have grandchildren. I never said the vaccinations would not protect Texas women, or teenage girls for that matter. I just happen to think an idiot like Rick Perry has no right to make those vaccinations manditory. That and the fact that the manufacturer of that vacine happens to be a heavy contributor to Perry just makes it look that much worse. You bitch about Government intrusion into everything else, why not about Government telling us what to give our children? You can't have it both ways Elaine.
How can you sleep at night?
Texan

Wichita, KS

#17 Mar 3, 2014
I agree with you Lomaxx, totaly, but Rick Perry has no right to tell anyone what they must do. That is my only objection to his Executive Order. And before anyone says anything about all of Obamas Executive Orders, That jerk is supposed to work for us and he has no right to tell anyone what they must do either. Money and position and they think they are king; BS. Perry, Obama neither is worth a damn for anything. How can I sleep at night? Quite nicely, thank you. You still can't have it both ways Elaine. Either you want governmental interference or you don't, BUT YOU CAN"T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!
Lomaxx

Houston, TX

#18 Mar 4, 2014
In hindsight, he should have just made it AVAILABLE to those who wanted it. Let the parents shoulder the consequences of those who refused it for their kids...
Texan

Wichita, KS

#19 Mar 4, 2014
TOTAL AGREEMENT Lomaxx.
Elaine

Tucker, GA

#20 Mar 4, 2014
Lomaxx wrote:
In hindsight, he should have just made it AVAILABLE to those who wanted it. Let the parents shoulder the consequences of those who refused it for their kids...
Right. No need to mandate those polio rubella, diphtheria, and hepatitis shots either. Let the poor and stupid suffer.(Sarcasm for the stupid)

We mandate lots of vaccinations for much less serious diseases. Doesnt anyone here actually have kids? Do youread the newspaper?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHERE is Charles Gilliam? Wed Elaine 4
Trump Is Doing a Good Job Wed red dawn 10
Job Wed Big bad john 95
News Video figures into appeal of convicted murderer... (Aug '08) Wed SamTex 145
Hey Trump Stumps...Vacation Costs Reach $10 Mil... Feb 21 Defiant1 9
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 21 OnePhart 1,123
Hey, Crybaby Liberals... Feb 20 Texan 18

Baytown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baytown Mortgages