Adopted Dog DEAD from Distemper after 2 weeks!

Posted in the Baytown Forum

Howdycuz

Sugar Land, TX

#1 Jan 2, 2011
OMG.. Can anything be worse than adopting an animal, falling in love, making it a part of your Family and Holiday (with photos) and then having it DIE in a matter of days?!

Adopted our dog from the Baytown Animal Control just over 2 weeks ago...
Spent over $800. getting it fixed, shots, etc. and then extended treatment for an illness which, ultimately, turned out to be DISTEMPER... and had to bury that dog today!

(Our first dog- also from this shelter, had active HEARTWORMS,(Not disclosed before adoption) but, thankfully, was able to recover with $1,500. in treatment-)

Has anyone else had this type of experience with this shelter?

I think it's OUTRAGEOUS and something needs to be done to prevent other people from suffering the heartbreak and wasted expenses this has caused us!!

Please let me know as this situation may call for a class-action lawsuit...
Anonymous

Baytown, TX

#2 Jan 11, 2011
mhm i have a uncle who purchased a golden retreiver from that shelter and he died in a matter of days also -_-
Howdycuz

Sugar Land, TX

#3 Jan 11, 2011
LaKillah wrote:
mhm i have a uncle who purchased a golden retreiver from that shelter and he died in a matter of days also -_-
Can you email proof of this experience?

(Adoption and vet records, etc.)
wondering

Katy, TX

#4 Jun 19, 2011
Howdy cuz you sound like you would love and take care of an animal and if you have not gotten another pup I have one that I am trying to find a good and loving home for. She is 6 months old and part pom and part chihuahua but looks all pom. I just moved to the Baytown area and I can not afford nor care for her any more.
worried

Baytown, TX

#5 Aug 24, 2011
We adopted a puppy at Baytown Animal Shelter 2 weeks ago and now it looks like he has distemper. Soooo sad for my family. The puppy is so sick and heartbreaking to see. Like you we are out almost $500.
Crista

Paradise Valley, AZ

#6 Jun 6, 2012
I too just adopted a 10 mo. old maltese mix for Mother's Day my kids got her for me,and tweeks later and 600.00 in vet and cremation costs she also passed from distemper. I don't see any posts for remedy or legal help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Health Care - Deer Park, TX (Oct '09) 2 hr RNC Rightwing NUT... 16,758
Zoo at Herman Park 10 hr fubar 9
Corner of Fairmont and East 13 hr East Texas 10
Nuke New York! 17 hr What I say xoxo 8
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 18 hr Fossilfarts 677
WMD's found in Iraq! 20 hr fubar 4
Nuke Dallas!!! 20 hr fubar 136

Air Quality Alert for Harris County was issued at October 24 at 1:48PM CDT

Baytown News Video

Baytown Dating
Find my Match

Baytown Jobs

Baytown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baytown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baytown

Personal Finance