Comments
1 - 20 of 51 Comments Last updated Jan 20, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 12

Humble, TX

#1 Dec 20, 2012
Its sad that a few months ago a sexual harassment was brought to the attention to upper management, the guy is still there, lie detector test were taken, which he denied 2x to take and is still employees by the city. I guess the saying I've heard is true.
* once you get on with the city, you can do anything and still keep your job*
morewithless

Oakhurst, TX

#2 Dec 20, 2012
saltwaterfisherman wrote:
Its sad that a few months ago a sexual harassment was brought to the attention to upper management, the guy is still there, lie detector test were taken, which he denied 2x to take and is still employees by the city. I guess the saying I've heard is true.
* once you get on with the city, you can do anything and still keep your job*
Tell us more so it can be checked out. Nothing will be done as long as its covered up, if true. If true those who have been harassed need justice!

Humble, TX

#3 Dec 20, 2012
The h r guy has all the information, he was the one to do the lie detector test prior to thanksgiving and the guy is now out on vacation/or stress from the job til Jan.

I've found out, the person reported it had a meeting with 3 supervisors, and the h r guy back in October and the guy that was filed on still come around the same area the other person is at.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

#4 Dec 20, 2012
Keep records. Keep a journal and write down everything that happens. Include the date and time and everyone and everything you can remember. Consult a lawyer. Some will give you a consultation for free the first time.

But I don't know that.

#5 Dec 20, 2012
And don't forget everything isn't as it always looks from the outside. This vacation could be a suspension or anything else. Even if HR found something and punished the person they cannot reveal it.

Houston, TX

#6 Dec 21, 2012
If it happened in October, why *suspend* him during Christmas holiday? Plus everything has been kept as a record they have it all.. plus this isn't the only file on this guy, a community service lady reported him a well last year. He would tell all the community service people at the end of there service before they all left male/female they had to give him hugs. He has stole items from the city were the police were called on him, but once again a slap on the wrist is what he gets every time.

And most of all with his exposing himself to a city worker should of captured some eyes through the h r guy but he still hasn't stepped up to show how he helps the employees through the city. It will show though if anything else happens to any other city employee I guess why report it, it will do no good. You will tell what happen you will take a lie detector test and the guy gets nothing but slap on wrist.
morals

Deer Park, TX

#7 Dec 21, 2012
When the top dog tips a waitree $100.00 and tells her (work at Battleground Grill) if you have a problems come see me. The lady was very upset about the comments.
morals

Deer Park, TX

#8 Dec 21, 2012
waitress
wow

Houston, TX

#9 Dec 21, 2012
Is that sexual harassment or just a damn good tip? Who is "top dog"?
1DPopinion

Deer Park, TX

#10 Dec 22, 2012
What department is this worker in?
tear jerker

Oakhurst, TX

#11 Dec 22, 2012
wow wrote:
Is that sexual harassment or just a damn good tip? Who is "top dog"?
$100.00 tip at the pubic grill most certainly contains a direct massage/message.
Shelly

Pearland, TX

#12 Dec 22, 2012
Wow ! Just take the tip and keep your mouth shut. Maybe he'll come around with more !

But I don't know that.

#13 Dec 22, 2012
saltwaterfisherman wrote:
If it happened in October, why *suspend* him during Christmas holiday? Plus everything has been kept as a record they have it all.. plus this isn't the only file on this guy, a community service lady reported him a well last year. He would tell all the community service people at the end of there service before they all left male/female they had to give him hugs. He has stole items from the city were the police were called on him, but once again a slap on the wrist is what he gets every time.
And most of all with his exposing himself to a city worker should of captured some eyes through the h r guy but he still hasn't stepped up to show how he helps the employees through the city. It will show though if anything else happens to any other city employee I guess why report it, it will do no good. You will tell what happen you will take a lie detector test and the guy gets nothing but slap on wrist.
I don't really know, but sometimes things like this take a while to finalize. And it could still just be a vacation. it is just always good to keep records, though.
Goober

Houston, TX

#14 Dec 23, 2012
Home Guidance: Sexual Harassment Discrimination

Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination that violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Title VII applies to employers with 15 or more employees, including state and local governments. It also applies to employment agencies and to labor organizations, as well as to the federal government.

Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute sexual harassment when this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individual's employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual's work performance, or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment.

EEOC Dist. Office
101 Louisiana
Houston, Tx
Ph. 1-800-669-4000
Shelly

Pearland, TX

#15 Dec 23, 2012
It appears some trailer trash is looking to sue someone with deep pockets. Giving one a large tip is not sexual harassment.

But I don't know that.

#16 Dec 23, 2012
Shelly wrote:
It appears some trailer trash is looking to sue someone with deep pockets. Giving one a large tip is not sexual harassment.
If it is I hope someone sexually harasses me a whole bunch of times really soon.
Fact

United States

#17 Jan 6, 2013
So I gueess him working his second job mowing different properties is ok if he can't work at the City because of his stress.
Winston Zeddemore

Pasadena, TX

#18 Jan 6, 2013
Unless anyone on here has proof, I would suggest keeping stuff like this to yourself.
3iron

Houston, TX

#19 Jan 6, 2013
Fact wrote:
So I gueess him working his second job mowing different properties is ok if he can't work at the City because of his stress.
?
What

Pasadena, TX

#20 Jan 7, 2013
What in the hell are you trying to say? Why wouldn't it be ok if he mowed properties as an extra job? They let you work at the fire department when you are always trying to start fires on this forum. I would suggest you take your wasted time spent on this forum and take a grammer,English or spelling class somewhere.
Fact wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 35 min Wow Wee 767
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Defiant1 17,879
Darwinism in Arizona 2 hr Defiant1 9
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 3 hr Defiant1 22,294
Jeff Pound and Becky Cobb (Jul '13) 12 hr DP CASSIE 20
Youth Wrestling coming to La Porte! 12 hr Heavy Fed 25
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 15 hr Wow Wee 524
•••

Baytown News Video

•••
•••

Baytown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baytown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••