Little change for locals in realignment

Little change for locals in realignment

There are 11 comments on the The Baytown Sun story from Feb 6, 2010, titled Little change for locals in realignment. In it, The Baytown Sun reports that:

HOUSTON – The University Interscholastic League dealt Baytown area teams a surprise Monday in its biennial realignment of conferences and districts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Baytown Sun.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 8, 2010
Are you guys glad there was little change in the realignment of districts?
Bayfisher

Deer Park, TX

#2 Feb 8, 2010
Yes, I am sure the coaches are going to enjoy driving the buses to Beaumont and Port Arthur and getting home at 11:00 at night. The Baytown schools have been doing it for years. Not fun.
old woman

La Porte, TX

#3 Feb 8, 2010
Band and orchestra have driven as far as Nederland. Not fun, either.
just sayin

Pasadena, TX

#4 Feb 8, 2010
WHy did this happen? Has our enrollment dropped?
Shoreacres Horsewoman

Porter, TX

#5 Feb 8, 2010
UIL decides every few years to move the districts around and so the players are playing different kinds of teams. All our teams around here play a lot of same types of offence and defence so to give the players more compition they move the districts around and its a bummer. When our boys played football those drive were a long way to go and longer to come back. Thank goodness the games are on Friday night. Go Get Em Dogs !!!!!
Bayfisher

Deer Park, TX

#6 Feb 9, 2010
The main reason it happened is Baytown Lee dropped in size due to the opening of Goose Creek Memorial. Lee dropped to 4A, therefore they needed another school to join that district. Laporte was their choice. Lucky us.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#7 Feb 9, 2010
yikes- sounds like a mess. so does this affect any of you personally? longer morning commutes?
football fan

Pasadena, TX

#8 Feb 9, 2010
Shoreacres Horsewoman wrote:
UIL decides every few years to move the districts around and so the players are playing different kinds of teams. All our teams around here play a lot of same types of offence and defence so to give the players more compition they move the districts around and its a bummer. When our boys played football those drive were a long way to go and longer to come back. Thank goodness the games are on Friday night. Go Get Em Dogs !!!!!
The districts are changed every two yrs. The enrollment levels will determine what classification you will be in. Each school can petition for a change from the UIL alignment or stay where they are at, depending on their enrollment numbers. It seems in the past that DP would be the one that was put in with Beaumont. I'm glad the put LP in now. I hope they still schedule a DP/LP game. To bad we will never meet in the playoffs.....
Shoreacres Horsewoman

Houston, TX

#9 Feb 9, 2010
Yea the DP/LP game is the game of the year. You don't have to win a game all year but if you win that one you have a winning season. I didn't like the years it got kinda ugly but at least that straightend out. I think it's a nice friendly game for players and fans alike. and it need to stay that way!!!!
football fan

Pasadena, TX

#10 Feb 10, 2010
When their not playing in the same district, it seems they do not play in the preseason.....
just sayin

Pasadena, TX

#11 Feb 10, 2010
Shoreacres Horsewoman wrote:
Yea the DP/LP game is the game of the year. You don't have to win a game all year but if you win that one you have a winning season. I didn't like the years it got kinda ugly but at least that straightend out. I think it's a nice friendly game for players and fans alike. and it need to stay that way!!!!
Our athletic director has already put in for a preseason game with DP, so the fun continues!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If Trump does what he says... 3 hr Defiant1 9
Yeah...SOTUS rules Texas Republicans abortion l... 8 hr Texan 13
Coward Republicans Hiding Tue Heavy Fed 30
Let there be water... Tue Heavy Fed 46
Left over MRE's (Jan '09) Tue Jody Wall 109
OG Mudbone Tue Loraine 1
good contractor to do a major remodel Jun 27 Kevin5164 1

Baytown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance