Be prepared for July 4th DWI enforcement

Jun 21, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Family Badge

The Multi-Jurisdictional DWI Taskforce involving many local Law Enforcement Entities is participating in a County/Region wide July 4th Weekend No-Refusal D.W.I. Enforcement Program hosted by La Porte Police Department.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LP Resident

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

Good! Keep drunk drivers off the streets!!
Norm

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

Why is this action not the norm through out the year? Why pick out one weekend?

“Candor for the few”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Perhaps it's because such holidays increase the number of individuals becoming inebriated.
east texas

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Judged:

There is a certain segment of our population who believe the banks can police themselves, the oil companies can police themselves, there should not be regulations, that people should use good judgement. Do these same people believe that we would all use good judgement and not drink and drive. Why should we need the police to enforce it. We should all have the freedom to carry guns. We should all wear seat belts, strap babies in car carriers etc. Why do we need laws and enforcement. Does the public need to be protected from people who are assumed to use good judgement?
Eric

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

east texas wrote:
There is a certain segment of our population who believe the banks can police themselves, the oil companies can police themselves, there should not be regulations, that people should use good judgement. Do these same people believe that we would all use good judgement and not drink and drive. Why should we need the police to enforce it. We should all have the freedom to carry guns. We should all wear seat belts, strap babies in car carriers etc. Why do we need laws and enforcement. Does the public need to be protected from people who are assumed to use good judgement?
In a perfect world....
LP Resident

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

east texas wrote:
Are you off your meds? Get back on your meds and come back to reality.
east texas

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Judged:

All was said with tongue in cheek. I thought everyone could see through my sordid humor, but I guess not. I was really alluding to the absolute lack of success of deregulation.
Norm

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

DPTX wrote:
Perhaps it's because such holidays increase the number of individuals becoming inebriated.
Understandable. And does this mean that its makes for a better dog and pony show? When there exists schools or swarms more can be caught with the same resources. However the overtime needs to be taken into consideration. Why highlight a particular time frame for show and tell?
Enforcement should be the same at all times through out the year.

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Norm wrote:
Understandable. And does this mean that its makes for a better dog and pony show? When there exists schools or swarms more can be caught with the same resources. However the overtime needs to be taken into consideration. Why highlight a particular time frame for show and tell?
Enforcement should be the same at all times through out the year.
Well, if there is a swarm, it would likely take many more than the normal level of resources, if you wish to catch as many as possible.

The "particular timeframe" is a known factor, in which many more are likely to be "celebrating" and many more are likely to "celebrate" just a little too much, therefore putting the public at more risk of harm.

Therefore, since the risk is higher at a particular time, it would stand to reason that enforcement efforts would need to be increased during that particular time period.
east texas

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Judged:

Of course; the goal is to not have to give anyone a ticket. The very presence of the level of regulation would deter any wrong doing. Therefore the police would never have a income figure in their budget, I suppose.

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

east texas wrote:
Of course; the goal is to not have to give anyone a ticket. The very presence of the level of regulation would deter any wrong doing. Therefore the police would never have a income figure in their budget, I suppose.
Sure they would... it will help pay for the overtime required to get the drunks off the street and protect the public. Of course, saving lives and property damage would also be an economic concern.
Professional

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Judged:

Holidays are usually when the amateurs get drunk and kill people. Hell, us pros stay at home and don't even get on the road due to their driving!! I hope they all get arrested. Excuse me from not posting more, my beer is getting warm.
east texas

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Judged:

But in an ideal world, people would police themselves, Ha Ha. Well so much for the ideal world, that's why we need government regulations and people to police them. This includes the banking industry, the telephone companies, the oil companies, the drug companies, etc.
LP Town

Webster, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

La Porte is always enforcing DWI laws...its just that sometimes others feel the need to remind them on certain holidays!
east texas

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Judged:

Oh well; so much for trying to develop an analogy
from this, so I will not post anything else. I believe in strong enforcement of DWI, cellphone use and just protecting us from the crazies. So there!!!

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

east texas wrote:
Oh well; so much for trying to develop an analogy
from this, so I will not post anything else. I believe in strong enforcement of DWI, cellphone use and just protecting us from the crazies. So there!!!
They haven't picked you up, yet?
yooflungpoo

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2010

I'm also ready...my Koozie stays in the glovebox.
Tiredofthebs

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2010

Judged:

Simply put if you break the law pay the price. During holidays more idoits that would normally have a drink at home will be on the road. If they would only hit each other life would be good. Unfortunately they usually hurt/kill people that haven't had a drink, and maybe evem their own kids. ZERO tolerance! Hey if we can pay for the overtime and the new court house that's even better. I hope the fools loose theirs jobs because they got popped. Most companies check MVR's for employees. Try explaining that to your boss.
yooflungpoo

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2010

Judged:

what an idea....let's lock him up....take his job....

and teacb his entire family a lesson. I'm sure it was their fault for driving him to drink.

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2010

yooflungpoo wrote:
what an idea....let's lock him up....take his job....
and teacb his entire family a lesson. I'm sure it was their fault for driving him to drink.
It will be interesting to see if your excuse works for you, when you tell that one to the judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Baytown Discussions

Search the Baytown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 3 hr Republic 21,305
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 hr Defiant1 16,958
Obama arresting doctors if they talk.. 8 hr fubar 52
What happened 11 hr Guest 1
comfortably Numb. Mon fubar 2
Dont Take Your Love To Town. Sun Kenny 1
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Sun nina roth 738
•••
•••

Baytown News Video

•••
Baytown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Baytown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••