First Prev
of 2
Next Last
16 and pregnant

Pasadena, TX

#1 Apr 13, 2013
i guess the ratings on mtv must be down. cause we have are own little 16 and pregnant going on in lphs.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#2 Apr 13, 2013
You are so classy! I'm sure you will find great satisfaction in ruining someones reputation. MYOB.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#3 Apr 13, 2013
My girlfriend was pregnant at 14.
milton

Pasadena, TX

#4 Apr 13, 2013
it is not like it is a secret. mom's announcing on fb they are going to be granny's
Lomaxx

Houston, TX

#5 Apr 13, 2013
I don't have a dog in that fight!
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#6 Apr 14, 2013
The younger the meat the sweeter the treat.
LP Res

United States

#7 Apr 14, 2013
The running sentiment is the only thing to do in LP is get drunk/high or get pregnant. The kids I have talked to say to get anywhere you have to leave LP behind.

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

#8 Apr 14, 2013
LP Res wrote:
The running sentiment is the only thing to do in LP is get drunk/high or get pregnant. The kids I have talked to say to get anywhere you have to leave LP behind.
That's because all the "adults" are killing everything.

You leave the children no hope... and no desire to continue on the path of destruction society has set for them.

We as a people are not headed in a positive direction... yet there seems to be no demand that we alter our course.

We're cutting our own throats.

It's insanity... and the children can see that.
La Porte2

Deer Park, TX

#9 Apr 14, 2013
milton wrote:
it is not like it is a secret. mom's announcing on fb they are going to be granny's
When my friends daughter, at age 16 got pregnant her dad went around telling everybody like he had just won a prize.
La Porte2

Deer Park, TX

#10 Apr 14, 2013
LP Res wrote:
Ya and move to Pasadena.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

#11 Apr 14, 2013
Maybe not the best situation or timing, but grandkids are the greatest gift EVER, and I think they should be viewed as such. These grandparents to be are wise to look at the bright side and to welcome their baby with nothing but love and happiness.
Former Parent

Houston, TX

#12 Apr 18, 2013
Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
Maybe not the best situation or timing, but grandkids are the greatest gift EVER, and I think they should be viewed as such. These grandparents to be are wise to look at the bright side and to welcome their baby with nothing but love and happiness.
I have to agree its not the best situation or timing but obviously the parents are being supportive enough to allow their children to be honest and up front with them instead of hearing about it on the news because they tossed the newborn in a trash bin or flush it down a toilet. Much rather know they made a choice to bring the innocent child into the world and allow someone to take care of them.
LP Res

La Porte, TX

#13 Apr 18, 2013
No it seems to be a status symbol among the teens to be a young parent. My question is with the knowledge we have today why are our children getting pregnant. It is eay to get birth control. If these kids are being open and honest why didn't they be open about needed it? Babies raising babies is not good

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

#14 Apr 18, 2013
LP Res wrote:
My question is with the knowledge we have today why are our children getting pregnant.
It's a way to escape for them... they believe it's a way to get out from under the control of their parents... it's instant adulthood.

Kids today are less happy... with fewer prospects to increase that happiness.

A child for them... is a chance to love something... and be loved back like everyone wants to be.

There is so little love in this world... everyone is preoccupied with looking out for their own interests.

Our whole system is geared toward separating the people from each other... and pitting them against one another.

Our schools separate and indoctrinate our children from their own families... and they even send children with homework to further divide.

Our jobs eat up yet more time... and today when both parents have to work... a lot of kids don't even have anyone to go home to.

We eat microwaved meals... prepared in factories... devoid of nutrition, vitamins and the minerals that we need to function properly... to think clearly.

We end up with malnourished unloved uncared for children... that get diagnosed with bogus diseases like ADHD and medicated so they will sit still to endure the indoctrination and mind control that destroys creativity and individuality.

Who would NOT want to escape from that... by getting pregnant and starting their own families???

We've got to change the way we are living our lives people... otherwise... what is the point?

Live for love... and really live.

Peace, love and a life in harmony,
Heavy Fed
www.HeavyFed.com
Dr Phil

Vero Beach, FL

#15 Apr 19, 2013
I have to agreed with you Heavy Fed.
Good write up.

But I don't know that.

#16 Apr 19, 2013
Former Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree its not the best situation or timing but obviously the parents are being supportive enough to allow their children to be honest and up front with them instead of hearing about it on the news because they tossed the newborn in a trash bin or flush it down a toilet. Much rather know they made a choice to bring the innocent child into the world and allow someone to take care of them.
So true.

But I don't know that.

#17 Apr 19, 2013
LP Res wrote:
No it seems to be a status symbol among the teens to be a young parent. My question is with the knowledge we have today why are our children getting pregnant. It is eay to get birth control. If these kids are being open and honest why didn't they be open about needed it? Babies raising babies is not good
Birth control isn't easy to get if you haven't been raised in an environment where these things can be talked about. Babies raising babies isn't the best situation, but I would rather help a baby raise a baby than have that baby abort her baby and fall apart later when she has her first baby and realizes what she did, or have that baby try to flush her baby down the toilet at her prom.
LP Res

La Porte, TX

#18 Apr 19, 2013
Never said I support abortion, I don't. These are the extremes. What I support is open communication between parents and children. I like to think had the situation arose in my family I would have been supportive of the situation. I just think with school teaching sex Ed and planned parenthood, plus free condoms at school and in the stores we should not be having unplanned pregnancies.

But I don't know that.

#19 Apr 19, 2013
LP Res wrote:
Never said I support abortion, I don't. These are the extremes. What I support is open communication between parents and children. I like to think had the situation arose in my family I would have been supportive of the situation. I just think with school teaching sex Ed and planned parenthood, plus free condoms at school and in the stores we should not be having unplanned pregnancies.
I agree with you totally. We keep an open line of conversation going about it. It isn't always the easiest or most comfortable topic, but we have always tried to be there for our kids and their friends about it and have helped friends of our kids who didn't have that openness at home.
i think i have one kid who didn't listen because we are getting a third gift in three years soon :)
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#20 Apr 21, 2013
It's impossible during the heat of passion to worry about a condom. It ain't like your going to say, oh wait, I've got to run to Walgreen's and get a condom.

It's going in baby !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
things HEAVY needs to do (Oct '11) 2 min SamDamnit 10
NFL &Ray Rice 51 min Heavy Fed 47
Heavy Fed the beggar 53 min Heavy Fed 32
Homicide of 1 year old in LaPorte (Jul '12) 55 min Heavy Fed 354
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Lloyd B 22,586
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Gasman 18,357
Heavy Fed the song 10 hr SamDamnit 151
•••

Flood Watch for Harris County was issued at September 18 at 2:38PM CDT

•••

Baytown News Video

•••
•••

Baytown Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Baytown People Search