Posted in the Baytown Forum
#1 Jun 6, 2014
The word conundrum is defined as a complex problem that is often puzzling or confusing. Here are six conundrums of our contemporary United States of America:
1. America is capitalist and greedy – yet almost half of the population is subsidized.
2. Half of the population is subsidized – yet they think they are victims.
3. They think they are victims – yet their representatives run the government.
4. Their representatives run the government – yet the poor keep getting poorer.
5. The poor keep getting poorer – yet they have things that people in other countries only dream about.
6. They have things that people in other countries only dream about – yet politicians (mostly progressive socialists) claim they want America to become more like those other countries.
And consider these following three observations about the direction of our current government and cultural environment:
1. We are advised not to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are admonished to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works, as we see the liberal progressives already jumping on the tragedy from Santa Barbara California. So what about the three victims who were stabbed to death, should we ban knives?
2. We constantly hear about how Social Security is running out of money. How come we never hear about welfare or food stamps on the verge of running out of money? Maybe the first group “worked for” their money, but the second didn’t. It is a simple case of printing money for political bribery and extortion.
3. Why are we cutting benefits for our veterans, giving no pay raises for our military and cutting our forces to a level lower than before WWII, but are expanding and increasing the benefits to illegal aliens? It is all about pandering for votes – and who cares about national security or veterans dying at the hands of their own Veterans Administration?
#3 Jun 7, 2014
Nothing to discuss, as you are correct on all counts this time. Strange, very strange.
Add your comments below
|Jerry Mouton & John Moon both endorsed by Conse...||1 hr||Joe the Plumber||7|
|homeless people in cars at walmart||1 hr||Slow and Steady||10|
|Texas Man, 37, Charged In 2002 Double Slaying (Oct '14)||1 hr||red dawn||12|
|Hey Trump Chumps...your boy lost his aircraft c...||Fri||whatsamattayou||9|
|still a super power||Thu||josh||20|
|I'm bored! Tell me a joke! (May '13)||Apr 20||Defiant1||36|
Find what you want!
Search Baytown Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC