PeeWee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Did anyone get to attend the Chamber Lunch today at the Jimmy Burke Activity Center where the Riddler gave the State of the City Address? If so, how was it?
winston zeddemore

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Wasn't there but a friend who was, told me Mayor Riddle open endorses Jerry Mouton for the Mayor's position. Shorty before that, Jeff Pound was seen leaving the luncheon early. I would not take that a snub of the event or the pending endorsement, but given Jeff's profession, duty called, I'm sure.
Macdonald Carey

Baytown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.
Platitudes

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Did W. Riddle endorse J. Mouton during his speech?
PeeWee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

winston zeddemore wrote:
Wasn't there but a friend who was, told me Mayor Riddle open endorses Jerry Mouton for the Mayor's position. Shorty before that, Jeff Pound was seen leaving the luncheon early. I would not take that a snub of the event or the pending endorsement, but given Jeff's profession, duty called, I'm sure.
Interesting how some can use other platforms to promote their own agendas. I'm sure the crowd was just in awe over Jr.

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Macdonald Carey wrote:
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.
Love it!!!!!!
Death Starr

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

PeeWee wrote:
Did anyone get to attend the Chamber Lunch today at the Jimmy Burke Activity Center where the Riddler gave the State of the City Address? If so, how was it?
http://insidedp.com/news2/2406-riddle-deliver...
Raptor

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Death Starr wrote:
"Once this company takes over the golf course, this will stop the losses that we have been incurring and allow us to be in the black with a guaranteed profit each year," he said.

So how is this possible since the city is still paying for the GC to the tune of about $700,000 a year?
PeeWee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Raptor wrote:
<quoted text>
"Once this company takes over the golf course, this will stop the losses that we have been incurring and allow us to be in the black with a guaranteed profit each year," he said.
So how is this possible since the city is still paying for the GC to the tune of about $700,000 a year?
I think the Riddler was just trying to justify his statement that he made at the Employee Banquet. He failed to mention the funds in past years that were moved from the Enterpise Fund to the General Fund to pay for it. Also, the past 16 years of expenses incurred.

They should take the issue to voters on closing the Golf Course and Restaurant since it is funded by tax dollars of 30,000 investors.
Raptor

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

PeeWee wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Riddler was just trying to justify his statement that he made at the Employee Banquet. He failed to mention the funds in past years that were moved from the Enterpise Fund to the General Fund to pay for it. Also, the past 16 years of expenses incurred.
They should take the issue to voters on closing the Golf Course and Restaurant since it is funded by tax dollars of 30,000 investors.
What funds r u talking about?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Trinity Masons 22,202
Obama and Putin 4 hr fubar 1
Obama and ISIS 4 hr fubar 1
I Fall to Pieces 4 hr fubar 2
Main St Bar 12 hr Question 1
She's a Lady... 15 hr Lilly 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 19 hr Liberal forever 511

Search the Baytown Forum:
•••

Baytown News Video

•••
Baytown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Baytown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••