State of the City Address

Posted in the Baytown Forum

PeeWee

United States

#1 Feb 28, 2013
Did anyone get to attend the Chamber Lunch today at the Jimmy Burke Activity Center where the Riddler gave the State of the City Address? If so, how was it?
winston zeddemore

Pasadena, TX

#2 Feb 28, 2013
Wasn't there but a friend who was, told me Mayor Riddle open endorses Jerry Mouton for the Mayor's position. Shorty before that, Jeff Pound was seen leaving the luncheon early. I would not take that a snub of the event or the pending endorsement, but given Jeff's profession, duty called, I'm sure.
Macdonald Carey

Baytown, TX

#3 Feb 28, 2013
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.
Platitudes

Houston, TX

#4 Mar 1, 2013
Did W. Riddle endorse J. Mouton during his speech?
PeeWee

United States

#5 Mar 1, 2013
winston zeddemore wrote:
Wasn't there but a friend who was, told me Mayor Riddle open endorses Jerry Mouton for the Mayor's position. Shorty before that, Jeff Pound was seen leaving the luncheon early. I would not take that a snub of the event or the pending endorsement, but given Jeff's profession, duty called, I'm sure.
Interesting how some can use other platforms to promote their own agendas. I'm sure the crowd was just in awe over Jr.

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#6 Mar 1, 2013
Macdonald Carey wrote:
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.
Love it!!!!!!
Death Starr

Pearland, TX

#7 Mar 2, 2013
PeeWee wrote:
Did anyone get to attend the Chamber Lunch today at the Jimmy Burke Activity Center where the Riddler gave the State of the City Address? If so, how was it?
http://insidedp.com/news2/2406-riddle-deliver...
Raptor

Pearland, TX

#8 Mar 3, 2013
Death Starr wrote:
"Once this company takes over the golf course, this will stop the losses that we have been incurring and allow us to be in the black with a guaranteed profit each year," he said.

So how is this possible since the city is still paying for the GC to the tune of about $700,000 a year?
PeeWee

United States

#9 Mar 3, 2013
Raptor wrote:
<quoted text>
"Once this company takes over the golf course, this will stop the losses that we have been incurring and allow us to be in the black with a guaranteed profit each year," he said.
So how is this possible since the city is still paying for the GC to the tune of about $700,000 a year?
I think the Riddler was just trying to justify his statement that he made at the Employee Banquet. He failed to mention the funds in past years that were moved from the Enterpise Fund to the General Fund to pay for it. Also, the past 16 years of expenses incurred.

They should take the issue to voters on closing the Golf Course and Restaurant since it is funded by tax dollars of 30,000 investors.
Raptor

Pearland, TX

#10 Mar 3, 2013
PeeWee wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Riddler was just trying to justify his statement that he made at the Employee Banquet. He failed to mention the funds in past years that were moved from the Enterpise Fund to the General Fund to pay for it. Also, the past 16 years of expenses incurred.
They should take the issue to voters on closing the Golf Course and Restaurant since it is funded by tax dollars of 30,000 investors.
What funds r u talking about?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Health Care - Deer Park, TX (Oct '09) 7 hr MouseCheese 16,762
Colburn's Pest Control (Sep '09) 7 hr Strong Fart Smell 7
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 7 hr Sniffers 647
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 7 hr Release farts 830
Vegas 9 hr fubar 5
Ted cruz 9 hr fubar 5
Greg Abbot 10 hr fubar 3
More from around the web

Baytown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]